Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 73651 times)

Serge_K

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #660 on: April 20, 2024, 08:08:11 AM »
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/Ufatm9ERIA0

Try resetting it. Long press the button on the RD, like 10 seconds.

jonathanf2

« Reply #661 on: April 20, 2024, 10:02:01 AM »
In the last few days, the er9 RD of a friend died for no reason. Got stuck in the hardest cog and nothing will make it shift, including reset, unplugging, replugging and everything i could think of. The FD works fine.
Then today, went for a ride with my gravel bike, and my own RD died exactly the same way! I went down a descent with bad asphalt and vibrations, at the end of the descent, dead RD.
I'm trying to get a response from l-twoo via the intermediary that sold me the groups, I'll keep you posted.
But as of right now, I'm extremely unhappy and would not recommend er9/erx because a bike has to work, if you can't trust your derailleur to shift, then buy something else.
I'll post updates.
TWO DEAD er9 RDs in one week under normal use.

Keep us posted if you're able to get a replacement RD. I wonder what other issues might be affecting the ER9/X besides water ingress. Does extreme vibration mess with the RD motion sensor, causing it not to wake from sleep mode?

Koekembak

« Reply #662 on: April 20, 2024, 08:27:15 PM »
PEOPLE I HAVE FOUND THE FIX AND MIGHT HELP YOU.

Look at the photo hopefully this will explain and otherwise get in contact with me.

Hopefully this works for you!

(I posted that I had a problem yesterday)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 08:30:43 PM by Koekembak »

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #663 on: April 21, 2024, 05:19:10 AM »
Looks like buying this groupset is clearly a gamble. Seems to me it just isn't tested good enough and buyers are (once again) beta testers...

Let's hope the next version is better...

kbernstein

« Reply #664 on: April 21, 2024, 07:08:38 AM »
Warranty issues aside how are the details on the groupset? did they copy old shimano mistakes like plastic threads on bleed port, flathead brake pad pin, random useless sharp bit in the caliper etc
and is it possible to buy electronic ltwoo with the zrace/iiipro calipers like it is for the mechanical version?

Serge_K

« Reply #665 on: April 21, 2024, 10:47:50 AM »
PEOPLE I HAVE FOUND THE FIX AND MIGHT HELP YOU.

Look at the photo hopefully this will explain and otherwise get in contact with me.

Hopefully this works for you!

(I posted that I had a problem yesterday)

I can't read your scribbles, but I'm very interested. Would you mind using Paint and the text function, or PowerPoint with text boxes over the photo instead?
Thanks!

Koekembak

« Reply #666 on: April 21, 2024, 11:18:32 AM »
Lol I’m sorry I do scribble but In essence the final drive gear that drives the arm that shifts had a tooth broken off, I’m not sure if this was my girlfriend frantically shifting without pedaling or something like that. She honestly doesn’t know yet how to shift because she is new to cycling.

For this problem you need to have a derailleur that is stuck in a biggest or smallest gear and still makes noise when you shift, or a rear derailleur that stops in a certain gear, for example 1-5 works but then 5-6 is a green flash and some noise but does not actually make the shift. If you diagnose any of those this might help.

But since that shifter arm only moves about 60° or so, I was able to take the derailleur cage off, then move the arm 120° around and then go in the app. Now here is where it gets sort of tricky. If it’s stuck in the smallest sprocket follow 1 if in largest follow 2.

1. Go to the rear derailleur in the app, then click calibrate, it will ask if you are in the 6th sprocket which you need to answer with “yes” ( even though you are not). This will offset the zero and will allow you to shift down 5-6 times (11-12 speed). Repeat this step until the arm has come around anbout 120° and you can mount the cage back on.

2. Go to the rear derailleur in the app, then click calibrate, it will ask if you are in the 6th sprocket which you need to answer “yes” ( even though you are not). This will offset the zero and will allow you to shift up 5-6 times (11-12 speed). Repeat this step until the arm has come around about 120 ° and you can mount the cage back on.

jonathanf2

« Reply #667 on: April 21, 2024, 11:22:53 AM »
Warranty issues aside how are the details on the groupset? did they copy old shimano mistakes like plastic threads on bleed port, flathead brake pad pin, random useless sharp bit in the caliper etc
and is it possible to buy electronic ltwoo with the zrace/iiipro calipers like it is for the mechanical version?

LTwoo brake calipers are actually pretty decent. I use them on my Ultegra build bike. Only issue is that I had to manually adjust brake pad spacing (removed the pads) by squeezing the levers several times to get the pistons closer. I think this was an issue with earlier calipers, because my newer ER9 calipers don't need much lever pull.

The Zrace calipers, while being less weight are more cheaply made. On the pair I was using, the pistons can actually fall out if too much pressure is applied without a brake block. Let's just say I had to clean up a big mess.

kbernstein

« Reply #668 on: April 21, 2024, 12:13:26 PM »
The Zrace calipers, while being less weight are more cheaply made. On the pair I was using, the pistons can actually fall out if too much pressure is applied without a brake block. Let's just say I had to clean up a big mess.
Had this happen with shimano... Costly mistake lol. Brought it to a shop and they said shimano specifically asks to not service them in those cases so I had to buy a new one, thankfully of newer generation which is infinitely better made than the old gen sack of shit caliper

max_the_rider

« Reply #669 on: April 21, 2024, 04:25:51 PM »
Hello folks,

I do have a doubt about my er9 groupset...

It works perfectly when connected to the charging cable (via the app and sync with the levers), but as soon as I plug it out, nothing happens... No green light on the rear derailleur...

I guess it's not normal but hum...?!

SirBikealot

« Reply #670 on: April 21, 2024, 05:11:04 PM »
Hello folks,

It works perfectly when connected to the charging cable (via the app and sync with the levers), but as soon as I plug it out, nothing happens... No green light on the rear derailleur...

had quite the same problem yesterday. Try holding the RD button when attached to the charging calbe. The RD jumped into the smallest cog and worked fine since. This should be some kind of factory reset, if i understood right.

jonathanf2

« Reply #671 on: April 21, 2024, 05:43:01 PM »
I've been abusing my ER9 all week with fast flats, long climbs and sketchy road descents. I'm definitely using the full range of my shifting. I hop curbs and take my bike on dirt roads, something my mechanical setup could easily handle. I also fixed my mis-shift issues on the 3 big cogs, now it's shifting perfectly.

On occasion I have to press the RD button to link up to the app as opposed to just shaking the bike to have it connect. Besides that everything is working fine. I'll definitely chime in if I have any issues. Not doing any rain rides though!

zerstorer

« Reply #672 on: April 21, 2024, 08:11:02 PM »
Hello folks,

Check the batteries/connection?

Can you see the battery status when power cable is connected?

Serge_K

« Reply #673 on: April 22, 2024, 02:25:59 PM »
had quite the same problem yesterday. Try holding the RD button when attached to the charging calbe. The RD jumped into the smallest cog and worked fine since. This should be some kind of factory reset, if i understood right.

That is a reset indeed. When it's not broken, you can then shift again normally, but you probably have to recalibrate the gears with the app (which, the more you do it, the quicker you get).
But if your RD is F'ed like 2 of mine, then it makes weird noises, and refuses to shift.
Trying to hear back from Ltwoo via the chinese intermediary that sold me the groups, and so far i m getting nowhere.

jonathanf2

« Reply #674 on: April 22, 2024, 02:50:16 PM »
That is a reset indeed. When it's not broken, you can then shift again normally, but you probably have to recalibrate the gears with the app (which, the more you do it, the quicker you get).
But if your RD is F'ed like 2 of mine, then it makes weird noises, and refuses to shift.
Trying to hear back from Ltwoo via the chinese intermediary that sold me the groups, and so far i m getting nowhere.

Have you tried contacting LTwoo directly?

https://www.ltwoo.com/foot/Contact_us/Contact_us