Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 122119 times)

kenderu

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #930 on: July 02, 2024, 10:19:11 AM »
well, usually battery status uses the voltage of the battery, if the voltage after charging is higher than the normal parameters it may show you 100 % for a longer time, 0.1 Volts above can make a difference.
wich battery to chose? as Ltwoo is not effentient when changing gears, so current which is drawn by the system can overreach some of the battery parameters.
High C-Rate batteries are the ones you are looking for, as they keep the voltage stable and higher for a longer time if.
Usually good e-vape cells should do the trick..
Sometimes it is also necessary to check voltage directly after completed charging cycles, i have seen some major offsets regarding charged batteries, which basically indicates a bad charger hard- or software, but i do not want to complain again..

I don't know anything about batteries.  Vapcell was a brand recommended on /r/flashlight on Reddit.  I just went with something that seemed to be a good price and brand.

rockerplates.de

« Reply #931 on: July 03, 2024, 01:26:14 AM »
I don't know anything about batteries.  Vapcell was a brand recommended on /r/flashlight on Reddit.  I just went with something that seemed to be a good price and brand.
that was a good recommendation....vapcell rebrands and has own factories as for as i know....if they are genuine, they should be fine with higher discharge currents and have low voltage drops.

hsaus

« Reply #932 on: July 03, 2024, 02:52:17 AM »
I upgraded from 11 to 12 speed today on my eR9 equipped bike. By:

• Changing the cassette
  • Changing the chain
  • Adjusting the gears in the app

That's it! This is such an underrated feature of this groupset (and the Wheeltop one too).

Why go to 12 speed? I wanted to try the lightweight Goldix monoblock steel cassettes, as recommended by jonathanf2 on this forum. Those cassettes are available in both 11 and 12 speed, and I figured 12 > 11  ;D

I can also confirm that 11-34T, with 50/34T at the front, is at the absolute limit of what the derailleur cage can handle, so max capacity of 39. And the chain length has to be spot on at that setup. One link more, and there's too much slack in small/small. One link less (which is what I did at first), and the chain runs nearly straight when passing through the jockey wheels. And my B tension screw has only a few millimeters of additional travel left.

jonathanf2

« Reply #933 on: July 03, 2024, 10:48:54 AM »
I upgraded from 11 to 12 speed today on my eR9 equipped bike. By:

• Changing the cassette
  • Changing the chain
  • Adjusting the gears in the app

That's it! This is such an underrated feature of this groupset (and the Wheeltop one too).

Why go to 12 speed? I wanted to try the lightweight Goldix monoblock steel cassettes, as recommended by jonathanf2 on this forum. Those cassettes are available in both 11 and 12 speed, and I figured 12 > 11  ;D

I can also confirm that 11-34T, with 50/34T at the front, is at the absolute limit of what the derailleur cage can handle, so max capacity of 39. And the chain length has to be spot on at that setup. One link more, and there's too much slack in small/small. One link less (which is what I did at first), and the chain runs nearly straight when passing through the jockey wheels. And my B tension screw has only a few millimeters of additional travel left.

Your experience with the 11-34t matches up with my findings. The ER9/X doesn't have much leeway in terms of chain line. Same goes with running 52-36t, 11-32t seems to be largest cassette you can run with that chainring size. Which works out, because both bikes have the same length chains.

I was thinking of trying the Goldix 12 speed 11-32t cassette for my other ER9 setup with the 52-36t, but my current Ultegra 11-32t cassette is still in good condition. Also I find with 12 speed on the big ring, gear protection kicks in at 3rd gear. With 11 speed, gear protection kicks in at 2nd gear.

SirBikealot

« Reply #934 on: July 04, 2024, 06:26:36 AM »
just came bike from putting my bike on the turbo because of the shitty weather here.
As i have a 10 speed casette on the turbo i switched to 10 speed in the app and oh boy, all options below 10 speed are gone. App version 2.6.0
Can anyone confirm this?

Sebastian

« Reply #935 on: July 04, 2024, 01:30:27 PM »
Your experience with the 11-34t matches up with my findings. The ER9/X doesn't have much leeway in terms of chain line. Same goes with running 52-36t, 11-32t seems to be largest cassette you can run with that chainring size. Which works out, because both bikes have the same length chains.

I’m using 52/36 with an 11-34/12sp cassette. I got it set up so that the big/big combo is usable and the small/small combo is noisy but not completely slack. I’m never using any of these combos and the gear protection feature is keeping me from doing it as well. But it’s definitely pushing what the RD can do. And I suspect that the curve that the RD parallelogram makes is not ideal for this type of cassette. Hence my complaints that the shifting sensation is a bit underwhelming at times. It’s slightly rough and just doesn’t feel as refined as I’m used to. But it certainly doesn’t slow me down.

jonathanf2

« Reply #936 on: July 04, 2024, 02:18:55 PM »
I’m using 52/36 with an 11-34/12sp cassette. I got it set up so that the big/big combo is usable and the small/small combo is noisy but not completely slack. I’m never using any of these combos and the gear protection feature is keeping me from doing it as well. But it’s definitely pushing what the RD can do. And I suspect that the curve that the RD parallelogram makes is not ideal for this type of cassette. Hence my complaints that the shifting sensation is a bit underwhelming at times. It’s slightly rough and just doesn’t feel as refined as I’m used to. But it certainly doesn’t slow me down.

I tried that combo and while it worked with the appropriate chain length, the derailleur cage is too bouncy to handle it properly for the kind of terrain I ride in. You should consider either 52/36+11-32 or 50/34+11-34 to get optimal performance. Either combo works well enough I don't miss my Ultegra mechanical setup. Though I'm firmly in the 2x gravel camp and it seems none of the Chinese groupset makers want to dabble in that space.

jonathanf2

« Reply #937 on: July 04, 2024, 03:19:17 PM »
just came bike from putting my bike on the turbo because of the shitty weather here.
As i have a 10 speed casette on the turbo i switched to 10 speed in the app and oh boy, all options below 10 speed are gone. App version 2.6.0
Can anyone confirm this?

I'm on app ver. 2.6.1 and all cassette speed options are available.

FYI - If your smartphone isn't connected to the internet, the app can still access the groupset using the passcode (default 0-0-0). Someone asked what would happen if LTwoo went out of business and there are no updates or changes. At least if you have an older device with the app the groupset will be adjustable in the long term.

rockerplates.de

« Reply #938 on: Today at 03:24:15 AM »
before the issues, we have installed a 11-36 cassette, 11 speed and it worked ok....

Sebastian

« Reply #939 on: Today at 06:31:46 AM »
the derailleur cage is too bouncy to handle it properly

I have zero issues with a bouncing derailleur cage, despite riding cobbles and pretty bad roads at times. In fact, the cage tension is the highest I ever had on a non clutch RD. I think I dropped the chain once, since I'm running this groupset.

The issue is more with the upper pulley tracking the cassette closely. Obviously, you need to set it up so it clears the biggest cog. That means however that the upper pulley is further away than I would like it to be in the middle gears of the cassette. Hence, the shifting performance suffers slightly. It's a compromise and it doesn't feel ideal. It probably has to do with the RD's parallelogram curve. It's officially designed for a max cassette size of 11-32, after all.