Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 77484 times)

Dmgreen13

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2023, 01:29:51 AM »
For those that have installed shifters, how do you get the rubber hood cover back far enough to get access to the tightening bolts?

Also if on carbon bars how much did you need to torque them to keep them in place? 

Thanks

Sebastian

« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2023, 01:50:42 AM »
For those that have installed shifters, how do you get the rubber hood cover back far enough to get access to the tightening bolts?

Also if on carbon bars how much did you need to torque them to keep them in place? 

Thanks

I’ve only worked on the RX12 levers. With those, I pulled the hoods back from the front where you also have to access the bleed port anyway. They are pretty firm but it was possible.
Torque wise on the integrated handlebar of the VB-R099 I didn’t need to do them tighter than 4nm. That’s my usual go to for brake levers. I go up to 6nm if necessary but usually not past that. If needed, I sometimes use grippy tape like textile tape or stuff like that where the levers clamp. On my gravel bike that greatly helped stopping them from moving.

Dmgreen13

« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2023, 01:54:25 AM »
I’ve only worked on the RX12 levers. With those, I pulled the hoods back from the front where you also have to access the bleed port anyway. They are pretty firm but it was possible.
Torque wise on the integrated handlebar of the VB-R099 I didn’t need to do them tighter than 4nm. That’s my usual go to for brake levers. I go up to 6nm if necessary but usually not past that. If needed, I sometimes use grippy tape like textile tape or stuff like that where the levers clamp. On my gravel bike that greatly helped stopping them from moving.

Not sure I'll be able to get them back far enough. And no idea on how I'll get torque wrench on. Thanks for suggestion re: tape. I think that will help.

« Reply #168 on: September 25, 2023, 05:10:14 AM »
Do you have access to an extended 5mm hex key?

Definitely worth the investment just for doing up shifter bolts.

PLA

« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2023, 05:17:49 AM »
Not sure I'll be able to get them back far enough. And no idea on how I'll get torque wrench on. Thanks for suggestion re: tape. I think that will help.

Yeah long bits are what you need.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 09:25:11 AM by PLA »
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

Dmgreen13

« Reply #170 on: September 25, 2023, 06:03:37 AM »
Get a long bit for your torque wrench

Gotcha. Thanks

chughes

« Reply #171 on: September 25, 2023, 11:24:52 AM »
@Dmgreen13 get a torque bit extension bar

Dmgreen13

« Reply #172 on: September 26, 2023, 04:52:42 AM »
@Dmgreen13 get a torque bit extension bar

I'm just not sure how I would get it under the hoods similar to Shimano shifters.  I'll get one of these and play around with it on the weekend.

chughes

« Reply #173 on: September 26, 2023, 08:48:30 AM »
 Dmgreen13, push them in after pushing back the side of the hood the bolt is located(do not insert it from above, but the side)  https://www.parktool.com/assets/img/repairhelp/lever_drop_1.jpg

Sebastian

« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2023, 07:40:44 AM »
Received my er9 groupset in the mail today. After having built a bike with RX12, im particularly impressed with the finishing quality of the RD and FD. The surface finish is very nice. It seems a bit more polished than the RD and FD that come with the RX12 groupset.
The RD does have a serial number, so it seems it's one of the later units. Hopefully, it doesn't fail on me.
Still waiting on the frame that this is going on to. I'll post an update then.

Dmgreen13

« Reply #175 on: September 29, 2023, 05:07:09 PM »
Received my er9 groupset in the mail today. After having built a bike with RX12, im particularly impressed with the finishing quality of the RD and FD. The surface finish is very nice. It seems a bit more polished than the RD and FD that come with the RX12 groupset.
The RD does have a serial number, so it seems it's one of the later units. Hopefully, it doesn't fail on me.
Still waiting on the frame that this is going on to. I'll post an update then.

Looking forward to your experience. I have mine on partially built frame so hoping to get it finished in the next week or so and to see how it performs. I did message LTwoo about warranty support after all the YouTube videos about it failing and had no reply whatsoever so that doesn't inspire much confidence.

Dark17

« Reply #176 on: October 02, 2023, 10:02:29 AM »
ER9 came today. Checked each part and they seem really good. No batteries yet so they are yet to be tested and even I ordered No Box, all items are wrapped up pretty good and they put a lot of bubble plastic wrap. Can't wait for Chinese holiday to finish so I can finally resume ordering the final piece which is the wheelset.

Question for those who ordered No Box/No Battery specification, what batteries did you buy for the derailleur battery? Do I need to buy rechargeable batteries?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 10:10:10 AM by Dark17 »
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

jcr

« Reply #177 on: October 02, 2023, 10:38:29 AM »
ER9 came today. Checked each part and they seem really good. No batteries yet so they are yet to be tested and even I ordered No Box, all items are wrapped up pretty good and they put a lot of bubble plastic wrap. Can't wait for Chinese holiday to finish so I can finally resume ordering the final piece which is the wheelset.

Question for those who ordered No Box/No Battery specification, what batteries did you buy for the derailleur battery? Do I need to buy rechargeable batteries?

You will need to buy: 14500 battery capacity: 800mAh, 3.7V, 2.96Wh.

I think eBay has them cheap...but not sure if you can use a flat top with the step.

lantz

« Reply #178 on: October 02, 2023, 10:45:46 AM »

BalticSea

« Reply #179 on: October 02, 2023, 12:28:35 PM »
Speaking of batteries, how tall is the LTwoo battery housing? I believe Shimano one is 18cm, wondering if LTwoo is any shorter.