Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 77481 times)

lantz

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #195 on: October 09, 2023, 05:10:27 PM »

Looks like Luke got to the bottom of his eRX issue.

nickobec

« Reply #196 on: October 09, 2023, 07:59:35 PM »
Looks like Luke got to the bottom of his eRX issue.

Not really, Luke found his FD issue was caused by his RD not behaving, (ie does not relay message to FD to shift).

Why his RD is not working properly is still a mystery. Does not appear to be water ingress or damage to RD. So Luke's theory is software/firmware issue.

lantz

« Reply #197 on: October 09, 2023, 11:48:47 PM »
Well, right. I suppose ‘got to the bottom of’ was a poor choice. We’ll see how it holds up.

Dmgreen13

« Reply #198 on: October 10, 2023, 05:10:57 AM »
Sorry if this question has been answered before but the search function didn’t help:

So which Shimano brake line standard dies LTWOO use? BH90 or BH59?

And: How exactly does the air screw in the brifter work?

Thanks!

Ltwoo told me BH59.  I ordered some extra as I thought I'd stuff it up installing the brake lines bit miraculously didn't.

Bleeding the brakes was pretty painless following the LTwoo YouTube videos.

lantz

« Reply #199 on: October 10, 2023, 09:59:42 AM »
Oi, yeah, you're right - I had it backwards, my bad!

Dark17

« Reply #200 on: October 10, 2023, 11:01:57 AM »
What chargers you guys use? I know the charging cables are included but I am worried about the power supply or if I just plug it in with phone charger it might die or something...
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

lantz

« Reply #201 on: October 10, 2023, 05:01:40 PM »
Has anyone using eRX/er9 paired the system with a Hammerhead Karoo 2? Can't sort out the how of it all, hehe.

Dmgreen13

« Reply #202 on: October 10, 2023, 08:19:02 PM »
What chargers you guys use? I know the charging cables are included but I am worried about the power supply or if I just plug it in with phone charger it might die or something...

I have just used standard phone charger with USB input.

Sebastian

« Reply #203 on: October 11, 2023, 02:41:51 PM »
I cannot for the life of me get the RD cable through the chainstay. A cable housing is no problem. But the electronic cable plug is rather long and stiff and it seems there’s a bend in the cable entry port at the rear drop out that I just can’t get the plug to pass. What’s more is that my internal cabling tool is useless for this bc you can’t connect it to the electronic cable in any way. So I keep taping it to shift cable housing and try to pull it through from both ends. But no success. It tears off every time.

Any tips?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #204 on: October 11, 2023, 02:47:48 PM »
I cannot for the life of me get the RD cable through the chainstay. A cable housing is no problem. But the electronic cable plug is rather long and stiff and it seems there’s a bend in the cable entry port at the rear drop out that I just can’t get the plug to pass. What’s more is that my internal cabling tool is useless for this bc you can’t connect it to the electronic cable in any way. So I keep taping it to shift cable housing and try to pull it through from both ends. But no success. It tears off every time.

Any tips?

Shrink wrap the 2 together?

Dmgreen13

« Reply #205 on: October 11, 2023, 04:06:33 PM »

Any tips?

Can you show it via photo?

lantz

« Reply #206 on: October 11, 2023, 04:46:28 PM »

Any tips?

It was certainly a task for me as well - there is a pretty tight turn at the end of the dropout that makes getting the length of the hard plug end of the shifting cable through difficult.

I ended up going to other way - I ran the cable guide through with some thread tied to the end of it, tied the other end of the thread to the shifter plug that will go into the batter, and then softly finessed it down into the chainstay - the thread being much more able to maneuver the positioning of the cable - and then brought it through and fished it into the bottom bracket opening.

It was a small pain, but nothing substantial, to then plug the cable into the battery in the confines of the bottom bracket opening, but i was able to get it done and then turn the frame back upside and retrieve the battery for installation into the seattube.

What a night.

BalticSea

« Reply #207 on: October 12, 2023, 05:34:50 AM »
For those in EU who ordered ER9/ERX - ho3 much tax were you charged? ER9 is currently 485€ with coins, trying to figure out how much tax I'd have to pay (proper 21% or less/more?)

cramy

« Reply #208 on: October 12, 2023, 05:55:35 AM »
For those in EU who ordered ER9/ERX - ho3 much tax were you charged? ER9 is currently 485€ with coins, trying to figure out how much tax I'd have to pay (proper 21% or less/more?)

Do you have a link for the Er9 for 485eur? Thanks

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #209 on: October 12, 2023, 05:57:02 AM »

It will probably be more. There is the 21% VAT, there is import tax and the shipping company will want a nice fee...
Try to find a seller that has shipping with prepaid tax? That's almost always cheaper. I've not ordered big items without prepaid tax since they changed the rules in 2021...