Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 77492 times)

BalticSea

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #210 on: October 12, 2023, 06:35:31 AM »
Do you have a link for the Er9 for 485eur? Thanks
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMUgGy2.
Once you go to check out it is around 510€, then another ~25€ discount from coins

It will probably be more. There is the 21% VAT, there is import tax and the shipping company will want a nice fee...
Try to find a seller that has shipping with prepaid tax? That's almost always cheaper. I've not ordered big items without prepaid tax since they changed the rules in 2021...

Yes, you should be right - total cost is around 30% in taxes, at least from my experience in ordering stuff back in the past. But checking reviews on Ali, it seems like people are sometimes charged with less money than they should be. I wonder if sellers just declare the value to be under 150€, but let you pay the customs yourself?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 06:40:39 AM by BalticSea »

Sebastian

« Reply #211 on: October 12, 2023, 07:31:31 AM »
I paid 467,39 EUR + 13 EUR in customs fees when it arrived. I'm based in Germany.

BalticSea

« Reply #212 on: October 12, 2023, 07:32:07 AM »
I paid 467,39 EUR + 13 EUR in customs fees when it arrived. I'm based in Germany.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Sebastian

« Reply #213 on: October 12, 2023, 07:33:52 AM »
I cannot for the life of me get the RD cable through the chainstay. A cable housing is no problem. But the electronic cable plug is rather long and stiff and it seems there’s a bend in the cable entry port at the rear drop out that I just can’t get the plug to pass. What’s more is that my internal cabling tool is useless for this bc you can’t connect it to the electronic cable in any way. So I keep taping it to shift cable housing and try to pull it through from both ends. But no success. It tears off every time.

Any tips?

I managed to get it through. In the end it was the frame's fault really. There was some sharpish edge preventing it to go through. I rolled some very coarse sandpaper into a longish roll and inserted it like a small file and sanded it smooth. After that, I managed to pull it through upon the first try.

Sebastian

« Reply #214 on: October 12, 2023, 07:37:18 AM »
I too fell into the trap of ordering flat top batteries. I can confirm that they don't work. They just about do not make contact with the pins in the battery holder. Hence, no power.

Apart from that I connected the groupset with the charger. It powered up. Pairing was super quick. Connecting the app was easy. A quick firmware update and everything works. Everything shifts as it should. I was able to set it to 11sp. It came set up as 12sp from the factory.

Still waiting for my wheelset and the right kind of batteries so it will be a while until I actually get this on the road, though.

Dark17

« Reply #215 on: October 12, 2023, 12:07:16 PM »
Man setting up the shifters is kind of PITA. I even hurt my hand just to tighten the STI bolt.

I too fell into the trap of ordering flat top batteries. I can confirm that they don't work. They just about do not make contact with the pins in the battery holder. Hence, no power.

Apart from that I connected the groupset with the charger. It powered up. Pairing was super quick. Connecting the app was easy. A quick firmware update and everything works. Everything shifts as it should. I was able to set it to 11sp. It came set up as 12sp from the factory.

Still waiting for my wheelset and the right kind of batteries so it will be a while until I actually get this on the road, though.

You should have read @strayan_rice_farmer 's reply. I was asking what batteries should I buy.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 12:08:55 PM by Dark17 »
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

Sebastian

« Reply #216 on: October 12, 2023, 01:14:24 PM »
The pictures were misleading. I just didn’t know they were flat top batteries. But whatever. I got new ones on order and the wheels won’t be here for at least another week anyway.

lantz

« Reply #217 on: October 12, 2023, 01:42:44 PM »
The pictures were misleading. I just didn’t know they were flat top batteries. But whatever. I got new ones on order and the wheels won’t be here for at least another week anyway.

Sounds like we are on the same timeline.

My entire rig is set up and ready, just waiting for wheels which are estimated oct 15-20. We'll see when they get here!

I also *did* order a different cockpit, but it won't be here for another 2 weeks, so I'll likely disassemble the cockpit and re-reun everything in a couple of weeks lol.

Dark17

« Reply #218 on: October 12, 2023, 04:27:37 PM »
We're all on the same timeline here lol. I am also waiting for my wheelset as I just ordered them from Yishunbikes the other day. They may come a week or two.

benquick

« Reply #219 on: October 16, 2023, 07:15:13 AM »

467€ directly on aliexpress and 13€ to the post company?

Can you share which shipping method you used? I am tempted to try my own luck.

neobiker

« Reply #220 on: October 16, 2023, 07:42:30 AM »
On Aliexpress, you can get them for 400 USD free shipping with all the party code and the coupon 1035 and the store coupons with the 80 Designer Store.

BalticSea

« Reply #221 on: October 16, 2023, 08:07:14 AM »
To quote a band I like:

"Father, forgive them
For they know not what they do"

Ordered ER9 from 80's designer store, paid 411€ at the checkout. Even if I get hit with full custom tax it won't be that bad.

neobiker

« Reply #222 on: October 16, 2023, 08:42:54 AM »
Oh... I just pulled the trigger. 404 USD with the store coupon [15 USD`, and 1035 coupon [35 USD`, and the 10 USD party time rebate.

I really have to control my compulsory shopping behavior...

I hope it will last me long enough so that when it is stolen, it still works by then (I just had 4 of my race bikes stolen last week...).

Dark17

« Reply #223 on: October 16, 2023, 08:50:41 AM »
Oh... I just pulled the trigger. 404 USD with the store coupon [15 USD`, and 1035 coupon [35 USD`, and the 10 USD party time rebate.

I really have to control my compulsory shopping behavior...

I hope it will last me long enough so that when it is stolen, it still works by then (I just had 4 of my race bikes stolen last week...).

ER9 or ERX? WTF that's holy cheap!

Sebastian

« Reply #224 on: October 16, 2023, 09:57:49 AM »
467€ directly on aliexpress and 13€ to the post company?

Can you share which shipping method you used? I am tempted to try my own luck.

I bought it at the "80s Designer Store" as well. Since the "Official LTWOO Shop" on Aliexpress is not actually operated by LTWOO, I figured I might as well go with the best offer. What's more: I did deal with the Official Store when I ordered RX12 for a friend and dealt with them because of a warranty claim (the RD Cage was bent). As others have reported here, they're not exactly quick to communicate. Getting a spare cage shipped out was a long and tedious process. The 80s Designer Store in contrast was much quicker and easier to communicate with. Whatever that's going to be worth in the long run.

467 EUR did include shipping. The 13 EUR were customs fees. So actually, you guys got it even cheaper. Guess I should have waited a bit longer. But Alas, with Aliexpress you never really know when the best time is.