Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 77453 times)

BalticSea

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #255 on: October 18, 2023, 06:56:56 AM »
What 11 speed 11-32t cassette would you recommend with ER9? Nothing crazy like DA/Red, I was thinking about trying SLR2 sold by Lexon store or Sunshine
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 11:58:47 AM by BalticSea »

chughes

« Reply #256 on: October 18, 2023, 11:32:02 AM »
@kubackjeee yes I would consider buying it 1. It allows me not to have to upgrade from 11 speed right away 2. I reside in the Caribbean on an island named Antigua and unlike Shimano's etube software, I would not be geo-blocked. This means no need for me to have to use software to hide my ip. 3, Its cheaper than the alternatives  4. Really see no red card but more a yellow one and recently heard of a Shimano recall that were I to have one of their cranks, I would still be at a loss due to my location.

neobiker

« Reply #257 on: October 18, 2023, 11:59:57 AM »
I think you are missing 1 shifter for that price...

190+190+132+67 = about 580 € for shifters, brakes an FD end RD without crank

No because my VAT is at 7.7% so

167*2+59+118+85=596€.

PLA

« Reply #258 on: October 18, 2023, 12:11:12 PM »
What 11 speed 11-32t cassette would you recommend with ER9? Nothing crazy like DA/Red, I was thinking about trying SLR2 sold by Lexon store or Sunshine

ultegra

jonathanf2

« Reply #259 on: October 18, 2023, 12:19:50 PM »

I would just get an Ultegra 11-32t cassette. I'm not confident with the SRoad/Spedao cassette I'm using. I bought two cassettes, the first one skipped big time on the 12t cog, so I returned it. I'm on my second cassette which is a bit better, but I'm not sure long term if the small cogs can handle the torque when going out of saddle. Normally I'm not mashing on the 12/11t cogs, but sometimes on hard sprint climbs, I do drop into high gear while on the small chainring and there might be too much torque for the cassette to handle.

I'll probably swap it out with an Ultegra cassette if it goes out.

rockerplates.de

« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2023, 02:02:59 AM »
You guys are really buying this stuff even when youtubers known for loving Chinese stuff gave it a red card?

Well, they are only youtubers....they seems to forget how hard sram failed when starting with their electronic groupsets..i remember a race, where 5 people were sitting at the side of the road not being able to change gears with their sram, sebastian kienle had failures on racing hawaii with sram..
So, why not give LTWOO the time to get stuff done...
We are currently planning to sell these units, even with aliexpress selling it lower than we buy directly, but customers are in the market for budget custom gravel builds....and it is great for the market....we need to show shimano, that their pricing needs to be adjusted.
the low prices on the shimano di2 sets are made by the dealer ships, shimano has still their high price attitude and in europe, margins are not there....a normal bike shop buys shimano stuff cheaper online at some outlets, than referring to the official distributor...

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2023, 02:18:48 AM »
No because my VAT is at 7.7% so

167*2+59+118+85=596€.

That explains a lot :)

Sebastian

« Reply #262 on: October 19, 2023, 11:46:56 AM »
Has anyone figured out yet what the “gear protection” and “one touch shift” options in the LTWOO companion app actually do? They don’t seem to make a difference when I shift.

Also, does anyone else also have the bug that the app shows the battery as always fully charged? I already received two firmware updates but that issue persists.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 11:52:23 AM by Sebastian »

lantz

« Reply #263 on: October 19, 2023, 12:17:59 PM »
Has anyone figured out yet what the “gear protection” and “one touch shift” options in the LTWOO companion app actually do? They don’t seem to make a difference when I shift.

Also, does anyone else also have the bug that the app shows the battery as always fully charged? I already received two firmware updates but that issue persists.

"one-touch" seems to cycle with a single button.

So for front deirauller, it just goes 1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2 regardless of the button pressed.

Fucked up my entire setup at first, lol.

PLA

« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2023, 12:45:29 PM »
"one-touch" seems to cycle with a single button.

So for front deirauller, it just goes 1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2 regardless of the button pressed.

Fucked up my entire setup at first, lol.
[/quote

Wish shimano has a toggle function for fd to free up a button. Annoying.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

Sebastian

« Reply #265 on: October 20, 2023, 03:27:41 AM »
Battery level is now accurate within the app. Seems like it needed the first charge/discharge cycle to calibrate itself. Also, the sleep and wake up functionality works fine. Once the bike sits for a while, nothing happens when you click the shifter. But the slightest vibration wakes the RD back up and it shifts. So here's to hoping that the groupset doesn't fall asleep when riding on super smooth roads :)
Luckily I don't have many of those where I live.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 03:30:21 AM by Sebastian »

lantz

« Reply #266 on: October 20, 2023, 11:26:59 AM »
The only quirk I found when setting up my set was that what they call the "7" cog is acutally the "6" cog in the app.

I was calibrating and consistently the shifting was 1 off - lowest cog would stop on second to lowest and highest cog would seemingly push over past the max.

Solved this by just making a manual adjustment and shifting to 6 on the chainring and then calibrating (it says to go to the 7th) and it works swimmingly.

Dmgreen13

« Reply #267 on: October 20, 2023, 05:14:06 PM »
The only quirk I found when setting up my set was that what they call the "7" cog is acutally the "6" cog in the app.

I was calibrating and consistently the shifting was 1 off - lowest cog would stop on second to lowest and highest cog would seemingly push over past the max.

Solved this by just making a manual adjustment and shifting to 6 on the chainring and then calibrating (it says to go to the 7th) and it works swimmingly.

Was that for 11 or 12 speed?

lantz

« Reply #268 on: October 22, 2023, 06:45:44 PM »

Dark17

« Reply #269 on: October 26, 2023, 06:28:44 AM »
Does the FD of ER9 has a slight play? I have mine with a slight play lol.
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines