Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 77638 times)

Eddy_Twerckx

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #330 on: December 15, 2023, 08:19:13 AM »
With all the issues the eRX groupset is having, if you’re in the market for a cheap electronic group, The Pro’s Closet is selling Shimano Di2 at ridiculous prices. You can use their $40 off coupon for every $200 and build a full 105 Di2 for like $500 right now. Shifters are $100 each, brakes for $28, RD is $100, FD is $55, battery for $66.

patliean1

« Reply #331 on: December 15, 2023, 08:34:32 AM »
With all the issues the eRX groupset is having, if you’re in the market for a cheap electronic group, The Pro’s Closet is selling Shimano Di2 at ridiculous prices. You can use their $40 off coupon for every $200 and build a full 105 Di2 for like $500 right now. Shifters are $100 each, brakes for $28, RD is $100, FD is $55, battery for $66.

Must....resist....the...urge...to...stock up on more spare groupsets for future builds.

toxin

« Reply #332 on: December 15, 2023, 08:36:22 AM »
Theyre NA only

jonathanf2

« Reply #333 on: December 15, 2023, 09:49:17 AM »

I inputted one of the big TPC promo codes that brought the total 105 Di2 savings below $400 USD, but after I entered my address it said I wasn't eligible! I was just about to pull the trigger.  :-\

neobiker

« Reply #334 on: December 15, 2023, 01:33:05 PM »
Must....resist....the...urge...to...stock up on more spare groupsets for future builds.

I pulled the trigger

Dark17

« Reply #335 on: December 15, 2023, 01:54:58 PM »

These deals are just getting crazier and better. My 105 Di2 upgrade kit just came in and it's $711. Then here's a deal with much cheaper than the one I bought.
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

Yunglord

« Reply #336 on: December 16, 2023, 10:23:04 PM »

Thanks Eddy! I also pulled the trigger no batteries left but will source that locally.

mirek100

« Reply #337 on: December 17, 2023, 06:34:45 AM »
Anyone was sucsesfull connecting the shifters to Garmin computer or watch to see the used gear?

Sebastian

« Reply #338 on: December 17, 2023, 08:45:44 AM »
Can't you use some dielectric grease?

My RD started to respond slowly as well. Very likely due to moisture in the plug. I disconnected it, cleaned it, let it dry and applied some silicone grease to seal the plug from the elements. Did a 90 minute long ride today. Everything is back to normal. The RD shifts fine. I think the RD plug is most likely the scapegoat since the plug at the FD socket is facing downward and is probably a lot less likely to collect moisture. I think the plug design could easily be improved to seal better against water.

neobiker

« Reply #339 on: December 17, 2023, 12:58:20 PM »
My RD started to respond slowly as well. Very likely due to moisture in the plug. I disconnected it, cleaned it, let it dry and applied some silicone grease to seal the plug from the elements. Did a 90 minute long ride today. Everything is back to normal. The RD shifts fine. I think the RD plug is most likely the scapegoat since the plug at the FD socket is facing downward and is probably a lot less likely to collect moisture. I think the plug design could easily be improved to seal better against water.

Can you make a video showing what you did? :)

mrpercussive

« Reply #340 on: December 17, 2023, 09:51:53 PM »
Anyone was sucsesfull connecting the shifters to Garmin computer or watch to see the used gear?

Got mine to connect to my igs630. It takes a while for the computer to register shifts but it does it. It also shows the battery in the seatpost.

https://youtu.be/-UaqkXsHpyk?si=kU6klY6GOLyTtyO3&t=870

Sebastian

« Reply #341 on: December 19, 2023, 10:06:42 AM »
I upgraded my er9 equipped bike from 11 to 12sp. I switched the groupset to 12sp in the firmware, calibrated the RD and adjusted the individual gears. But there's an issue now: Every time I shift the RD to the biggest cog on the cassette, it stays there only for a second or so and then shifts back down to the second biggest cog. I dunno why. Has anyone else had that issue?

It does that regardless of whether i control the RD with the app or with the shift buttons and regardless of whether I'm in the small or big ring up front. It almost looks like some sort of safety feature. I'm using an 11-34 cassette now. But the gears are running smooth, the RD cage is not overstretched. The upper pulley isn't touching the cassette. Obviously the big/big combination is noisier, but there's no inherent problem. No idea what's going on. I might try to restore the factory settings and see if that helps.

toxin

« Reply #342 on: December 19, 2023, 11:17:09 AM »
Have you indexed it far enough inboard? The rear derraileur overshifts slightly then adjusts back in-line with the cog. Likely their way of improving compatibility with random third-party.

Sebastian

« Reply #343 on: December 19, 2023, 12:12:07 PM »
Have you indexed it far enough inboard? The rear derraileur overshifts slightly then adjusts back in-line with the cog. Likely their way of improving compatibility with random third-party.

Interesting. It seems that the b screw adjustment was the issue. I did a factory reset. The problem persisted. I adjusted the upper pulley slightly further away from the cassette. Then the gear stayed in place when on the small ring up front. But the rd shifted back automatically when on the big ring. Likely because in the big big combo the rd pulley sits closer to the cassette and there’s more vibration. So I adjusted the b screw again setting the pulley even further from the cassette. Now it’s fine. It seems there is some sort of protective feature or a variation of crash mode? The excessive vibrations seem to cause it to avoid that gear.

Sebastian

« Reply #344 on: December 20, 2023, 03:27:59 AM »
Can you make a video showing what you did? :)

Not really worth a vid, IMO. I pulled the plug, applied silicone grease in the slot where the plug sits and put it back in. It takes literally less than a minute. I washed the bike thoroughly yesterday and did spray water onto the RD and the plug deliberately. No issues. You could probably even use silicone sealant for a more permanent solution. The flakes everywhere on the pic are just little pieces of wax from the chain.