Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 68686 times)

Frankie

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #450 on: February 28, 2024, 03:17:14 AM »
I've got the same issue on my Garmin.  Shows up as low battery but the battery indicator is correct when I put it on my screen.  What size battery did you get? I find I can only get about 300-400km before needing to recharge, I have 2x1000mah 14500 batteries in mine.

Can I ask how did you paired your erx with your garmin computer?

kenderu

« Reply #451 on: February 28, 2024, 11:32:25 AM »
Can I ask how did you paired your erx with your garmin computer?

I just added it as Di2/Electronic Shifting and it showed up.

esdrus

« Reply #452 on: February 28, 2024, 11:43:00 AM »
I have received my er9 groupset, unfortunately my front derailleur doesnt work. I want to update the firmware but it doesnt go past 1 percent. Anybody who has a clue?

neobiker

« Reply #453 on: February 28, 2024, 12:42:45 PM »
Do you have batteries in the battery? I found that it needed more power than just plug in the cable.

esdrus

« Reply #454 on: February 28, 2024, 01:09:22 PM »
Do you have batteries in the battery? I found that it needed more power than just plug in the cable.

I have batteries in the battery

Serge_K

« Reply #455 on: February 29, 2024, 05:01:59 AM »
I have batteries in the battery

Make sure the batteries are fully charged, disconnect reconnect everything, make sure stuff is paired properly. If you left shifter is paired with the FD, you can make it shift without using the app. Whatever firmware version you have, you should be able to shift up / down before / without updating it. If the firmware update doesnt go through, try on another phone? Basically, methodically try to eliminate all possible user errors. Pretty much every time i have a problem with anything, ultimately i realize it was my fault / mistake.

ancientone

« Reply #456 on: February 29, 2024, 08:24:03 AM »
I can confirm with the latest firmware update, the trim options are now more refined. The front derailleur will decide the best trim position. I also noticed that they have fixed the incorrect gear selection showing up on Wahoo. It was showing 12 speed when in fact I was on 11 speed cassette. I cannot confirm if this is also fixed on any other head unit. It is still showing that the battery is low even when fully charged. Hopefully they will fix this on the next update. Well, it looks like LTWOO is certainly working on making the groupset better and better. Kudos to them!

I think what LTWOO should do is to allow users to manually set a two steps shift, by allowing users to manually configure the sequence of shifts, it would avoid shimano copyrights issues.

ancientone

« Reply #457 on: February 29, 2024, 08:25:11 AM »
I just added it as Di2/Electronic Shifting and it showed up.

I can confirm that it also works with Wahoo although the display is somewhat lagging...

hubertus

« Reply #458 on: March 01, 2024, 08:18:22 AM »
Just did my first semi-wet ride after installing my 2nd rear derailleur (after 2 months of not being able to use it). This time with dielectric grease on both derailleurs.

First ride, and the shifting was incredible. So far no issues with the grease. Hopefully this derailleur will survive the weather in the Netherlands.

Ltwoo was helpful with their customer support, however the process of confirming the issue, and shipping the new derailleur took a sizable amount of time.

carbonazza

« Reply #459 on: March 01, 2024, 11:39:59 AM »
...This time with dielectric grease on both derailleurs...

I'm planning to build my e-gravel with this group.
Would you mind to explain the known issue(s) of the group, as there are already 30+ pages.
The "dielectric grease" intrigued me  ???

hubertus

« Reply #460 on: March 01, 2024, 02:38:37 PM »
Would you mind to explain the known issue(s) of the group, as there are already 30+ pages.

The number one issue (and admittedly my only one) is water ingress. On my first set, after the first ride, I already started having issues. Note that I live in the enticingly moist Netherlands. After ride nr 5, I decided to add duct tape to the connections, which temporarily seemed to resolve all issues, until the 31st of Dec, when the rear derailleur died on me mid-ride.

The duct tape is not a full fix, and I personally only have one ride with the dielectric grease setup, but the latter solution seems to work for many people having this set.

Sebastian

« Reply #461 on: March 02, 2024, 05:04:09 AM »

You need to somehow seal the plug at the RD to make it 100% waterproof. Otherwise you’re definitely gonna have issues. Silicone grease worked for me. Silicone sealant or Teflon tape could work as well, I guess. Other than that I had zero issues so far. This seems to be the most common problem.

zerstorer

« Reply #462 on: March 02, 2024, 07:37:26 PM »
I use this around the RD connector.
 125/50/30ML Liquid Insulation Electrical Tape Waterproof UV Protection Tube Paste Fast Rubber Fixed Dry Insulating Sealing Glue
https://a.aliexpress.com/_oBAVJdM

Have hosed down my bike several times with no issues.

mirek100

« Reply #463 on: March 03, 2024, 09:55:47 AM »
Is it possible to disconnect the connector if necessary wenn you use this glue?

zerstorer

« Reply #464 on: March 03, 2024, 01:53:18 PM »
Just use a light coating. It tears off when you pull.