Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 70265 times)

Pedaldancer

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #690 on: April 25, 2024, 03:54:39 PM »
Yes i'm either in France or Romania. after i get the replacements, let's chat. I may open one myself to see if there's something obvious, i could maybe send you one if you're curious to play around. It would be interesting to figure out what happened.
Either way, neither died because of water or humidity. One died after a descent on bad asphalt with teeth rattling vibration, the other one just died at the very start of the ride, but we're not in humid climate or season so can't be condensation.

;D sometimes the damages are a weirdo combination of several things. Yes, I agree , your description doesn't sound like water at the first space. I am super curious, last year i opened a failed Shimano front derailleur and I could figure out the damage.. purely mechanic damage, the electronic part was super fine. ;D I didn't expect that frankly... I am open for that experiment, let's just chat then  :)

Avalius

« Reply #691 on: April 26, 2024, 11:33:14 AM »
My set that I received a month ago is 250140. Didn't receive my electrical tape yet and did a few pouring rain rides already.
Fingers crossed.

jonathanf2

« Reply #692 on: April 26, 2024, 11:42:56 AM »
My set that I received a month ago is 250140. Didn't receive my electrical tape yet and did a few pouring rain rides already.
Fingers crossed.

Okay, so 250123 batches seem to be problematic. 250124 and 250140 could be newer batch runs. Maybe all the deep sales are for the older 250123 batches? What seller did you buy yours from?

Finkster

« Reply #693 on: April 26, 2024, 02:54:31 PM »
Looks like my first ER9 set is a lemon.  After the RD gave me batt drain issues, the right brake lever also has a fault.  When pulling the brake lever, at first it travels normally, hits the wall of resistance when the caliper pistons move and brake pads press against the rotor (normal so far).  But when more force is applied, a loud clunk comes from the hinge area of the brake lever/shifter, and there is no further force generated by the hydraulics to squeeze harder on the rotor.  So essentially, the rear brake doesn't work no matter how hard I pull on the lever.  There is felt resistance at the lever, but it feels like something gave way internally of the lever and no fluid is moved from that point.  There are no fluid leaks to be seen anywhere.

So to troubleshoot, yet again I had to rob parts from my 2nd ER9 set, installed the right shifter and it totally works fine.  No more brake issues.

Contacted 80's designer again to request for a replacement and awaiting their response.  Meanwhile I'll try to dissect the lever and see what's wrong if possible.

Avalius

« Reply #694 on: April 26, 2024, 02:58:53 PM »
Okay, so 250123 batches seem to be problematic. 250124 and 250140 could be newer batch runs. Maybe all the deep sales are for the older 250123 batches? What seller did you buy yours from?

80 Designer store here on Ali.

Contacted 80's designer again to request for a replacement and awaiting their response.  Meanwhile I'll try to dissect the lever and see what's wrong if possible.

Atleast this looks like a seller that's handling issues. :s

amacal1

« Reply #695 on: April 26, 2024, 11:03:26 PM »
I just received an eGR 1x setup. I have a 220124 date code, so let's hope it's in better shape.

Does anyone have both an eRX/eR9 as well as an eGR? Can anyone comment if any of the parts are interchangeable? (i.e using an eGR RD with an eR9 FD,or using eR9 shifters with eGR derailleur, etc.)

SirBikealot

« Reply #696 on: April 27, 2024, 07:22:46 PM »
Has anyone tried this set for bleeding.
It's SRAM specific but should work for the calipers?
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005001317203067.html

SirBikealot

« Reply #697 on: April 28, 2024, 09:53:31 AM »
Just came back from my first ride.
Was super happy with the ER9. Nice shifting (some small adjustments have to be done to be spot on) until i tried to shift both derailleurs at the same time.
Front from big to small and back vice versa. Ended up in a half shifted gear and a complete dead groupset.
Has anyone had this problem before? And is there a hack to bring it back to life without attaching the charging cable?

jonathanf2

« Reply #698 on: April 28, 2024, 10:17:19 AM »
Have you tried doing a long hard press on the RD button? Also have you double checked all your battery cables to make sure they aren't loose? Mine are all rubber cemented on the derailleurs and then coated with dielectric grease. Were your batteries charged? I would definitely check all connectors to make sure they are firmly attached.

SirBikealot

« Reply #699 on: April 28, 2024, 10:54:54 AM »
Have you tried doing a long hard press on the RD button? Also have you double checked all your battery cables to make sure they aren't loose? Mine are all rubber cemented on the derailleurs and then coated with dielectric grease. Were your batteries charged? I would definitely check all connectors to make sure they are firmly attached.
yes.
yes even unplugged every cable even removed the cables from the battery pack.
and yes everything is charged.
just a small connecting to an external power source and tada everything was back to normal

zerstorer

« Reply #700 on: April 28, 2024, 09:20:42 PM »
Mine is 250132 and it's working fine.

Chiyou

« Reply #701 on: April 29, 2024, 01:05:04 PM »
250123 here as well - eR9 purchased from 80 Designer November 2023. No problems so far but only ~8k shifts as of yet (don't know the mileage), roughly 80/20% paved/unpaved roads; it survived a few minor downpours and subsequent washes.

hubertus

« Reply #702 on: May 01, 2024, 05:47:01 AM »
Did anybody have to deal with a groupset that was only charging a couple of seconds after connecting it?

If so, was there a fix to deal with it? I have had numerous rides now where midride, the batteries are empty, even though I charged them the night before (or so I thought).

zerstorer

« Reply #703 on: May 01, 2024, 06:54:05 AM »
Try another power bank or DC source.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #704 on: May 01, 2024, 07:37:45 AM »
Or different batteries.