Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 75980 times)

toxin

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #735 on: May 03, 2024, 06:41:56 PM »
I remember Trace Velo had problems with his FD not working since it couldn't communicate with the RD which was most likely the main receiver for the shifters. The FD itself doesn't communicate directly. Though it'd be interesting to know if you could mix shifters across various electronic groupset. Like using the LTwoo AE MTB e-shifter mechanism (not sure what to call it) with ER9/X shifters. That would open up the possibilities for other 1x drivetrains at least.

Ltwoo already have flatbar electronic shifters in their cazalogue, just dont seem to be selling them yet
these literally exist for this exact purpose

http://oss.ltwoo.com/pdf/V1.3_2024-L-TWOO%20-PRODUCT_CATALOG.pdf page 27
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 06:44:51 PM by toxin »

raisinberry777

« Reply #736 on: May 04, 2024, 01:34:02 AM »
Another interesting tidbit from that catalogue, looks like (probably as expected) we should see new ER9 soon to match new ERX.

Serge_K

« Reply #737 on: May 04, 2024, 02:54:40 AM »
Do we know what's different? From the panda podium video I didn't understand what changed with the new erx (with the exception of the brakes but i don't think anyone had any issue with the brakes, I certainly didn't).

Pedaldancer

« Reply #738 on: May 04, 2024, 08:26:11 AM »
Do we know what's different? From the panda podium video I didn't understand what changed with the new erx (with the exception of the brakes but i don't think anyone had any issue with the brakes, I certainly didn't).

Hopefully they improved the mechanic design as well as the water protection .....  8)
I was just thinking about your rear derailleur failure description (the one failing after some tough decent) if it's a smart idea to ride something similar on a MTB with all that mechanic shocks.
I don't think so frankly. If there's a general design flaw this kind of sickness usually gets the whole " product family".

jonathanf2

« Reply #739 on: May 04, 2024, 10:30:34 AM »

The FD cage shape was the other external change with the newer blue edition. Not sure what internal changes if any were done though.

kbernstein

« Reply #740 on: May 06, 2024, 11:51:45 AM »
https://youtu.be/HUxLUQI2-Us?si=vFeF6ydXi8e9R4er&t=671

New ERX will have USB C charging on the FD.
They didn't have to do it, but how nice of them. As a right to repair enthusiast L-Twoo is scoring very high for me between the full gear trim and speed selection, user replaceable battery and now this

boxof13

« Reply #741 on: May 06, 2024, 11:53:13 AM »
Joe from China Cycling at Shanghai bike show just showed the newly updated (again) Blue edition of eRX will come with USB-C charging port on the front derailleur. That is just awesome! L-Twoo clearly thinks of the ease of use for end users. Pretty exciting, to be honest.

boxof13

« Reply #742 on: May 06, 2024, 12:00:31 PM »
https://youtu.be/HUxLUQI2-Us?si=vFeF6ydXi8e9R4er&t=671

New ERX will have USB C charging on the FD.
They didn't have to do it, but how nice of them. As a right to repair enthusiast L-Twoo is scoring very high for me between the full gear trim and speed selection, user replaceable battery and now this

Ah! I posted my comment only a few moment after you did. Yeah! It's very nice of them. I am now eagerly waiting for the much improved eRX.

hubertus

« Reply #743 on: May 06, 2024, 12:45:57 PM »
After ride number 5 where the shifters stopped working, I have finally reached the point of permanently moving forward. Is there a way to use parts (such as the breaking calipers) in a shimano groupset?

kbernstein

« Reply #744 on: May 06, 2024, 01:08:28 PM »
After ride number 5 where the shifters stopped working, I have finally reached the point of permanently moving forward. Is there a way to use parts (such as the breaking calipers) in a shimano groupset?
Yes, the brake calipers use BH59 and mineral oil same as shimano, you can use them with shimano shifters
The battery, derailleurs and shifters however you can't reuse, they are a package deal

Serge_K

« Reply #745 on: May 06, 2024, 01:16:01 PM »
Yet another problem with my er9. So, 2 RD died for no reason, that's being sorted.
But last night I put the er9 on my road bike to charge ahead of a mountain ride today. Battery was over 70pc when I put it to charge, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't run out. In the morning, I start the ride, two bars as per be Garmin unit. And it wasn't a fluke. I did the whole ride trying not to shift and the battery died at the very end of the ride.
I plugged it in the wall. It was blinking green. It's not exactly the first time I handle the stuff.
So wtf happened this time? How is charging overnight actually draining the battery? Like wtf?
I am losing patience here. I really want that stuff to work, but man... This is really testing my patience, I feel like I should be getting paid to ride that stuff and debug it.

boxof13

« Reply #746 on: May 06, 2024, 01:27:16 PM »
Yet another problem with my er9. So, 2 RD died for no reason, that's being sorted.
But last night I put the er9 on my road bike to charge ahead of a mountain ride today. Battery was over 70pc when I put it to charge, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't run out. In the morning, I start the ride, two bars as per be Garmin unit. And it wasn't a fluke. I did the whole ride trying not to shift and the battery died at the very end of the ride.
I plugged it in the wall. It was blinking green. It's not exactly the first time I handle the stuff.
So wtf happened this time? How is charging overnight actually draining the battery? Like wtf?
I am losing patience here. I really want that stuff to work, but man... This is really testing my patience, I feel like I should be getting paid to ride that stuff and debug it.

Oh man! At this point, you should get honorary membership for their QA team.

On my last ride, I also seemed to have sudden shift when hitting small potholes. I thought it was one time thing, but then it happened quite a few more times. This was on my second eR9 set. I will keep monitoring this and raise concerns it keeps happening.

pecampbe

« Reply #747 on: May 06, 2024, 01:42:44 PM »
Another interesting tidbit from that catalogue, looks like (probably as expected) we should see new ER9 soon to match new ERX.

I don't understand why the range on the RD is so small. The latest Shimano 12 speed rear mechs all go to 36.

hubertus

« Reply #748 on: May 06, 2024, 02:13:30 PM »

I had exactly the same thing a couple of hours ago. Previous derailleur died of water ingress. It seems like one bump on the road fried the 2nd one.

jonathanf2

« Reply #749 on: May 06, 2024, 10:00:50 PM »
I'm on the opposite spectrum of ER9/X users on here, because my ER9 has been working great. Shifts are spot on and no issues with battery drain. My groupset has been used almost exclusively for climbing on rough mountain roads, so it's not like it's being babied either with the full range of shifting being used. It's been so good I want to buy another ER9. I'm not the most OCD bike mechanic, but I try to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Maybe I'm using some sort of goldilocks combination where everything is working just right or maybe my groupset was built on a Wednesday so QC was a bit better that day! ;D