Author Topic: I'm searching for a racing frame. SC-R49D, LCR0X-D, TT-38 or VB168?  (Read 1791 times)

WhityWhite

Hello Together,

I've been studying this fantastic forum for a few days now - first of all, thanks a lot for your knowledge! :-)

I am from Germany and started racing 3 years ago. Since two years I am in a cycling club and since one year I have a racing license and ride fast group rides, critraces and circuit races.
I can ride flat, hilly or mountainous in my training area. Everything is available.

I am getting a Thompson Grammont for the new season (early next year). Until now I was on the road with my Giant TCR with mechanical shifting. This I have now sold, however, because we are expecting a child very soon and racing for now are outside. Until then, I have adapted my Gravelbike, roadworthy ;-)

Now I'm looking for the next season but in addition to the Thompson Grammont a second bike for just those purposes. And would like to use it not only competitively, but also assemble yourself. Over the last few years I have acquired some knowledge, but it is my first complete build.

Of the "big" western manufacturers, I like the Factor Ostro VAM the best.
However, I have since refrained from the idea of simply buying a replica frame - since for my intended use not only the optics should be identical.
It embodies but most what I search. "A racing frame for any purpose". However, he is unfortunately not in my price range :-(

Furthermore, I like the Factor One, Canyon Aeroad and through the forum I have become aware of the Adris "LE VITESSE" ( https://www.adrisport.com/index.php/le-vitesse/ )- which apparently must also be a purchased frame from the Far East, but has not yet been found out from which manufacturer.

I attach importance to the fact that the cable routing is completely integrated. And I would like to have this individually painted.
It should be equipped with a Shimano DI2 mix (the circuit I'm looking for me used together). Carbon wheels with 50 mm I have bereis in possession.

For the frame without handlebars I have set myself a budget including painting, shipping, taxes, customs, of 900 Dollar / 850 Euro.

I have through your forum I also already have a few favorites - They have less the preferred angular shape but still like.

My favorite is currently the:
Speeder SC-R49D ( https://www.speedercycling.com/Carbon-Road-Disc-Frameset-SC-R49D-_p399.html )
It appears to be the Winspace T1500 frame - I really like the pictures of the finished wheels.
And I read out that Speeder delivers good quality.

Also as searched for in another thread I like the:
LCR0X-D Disc from LightCarbon (https://www.lightcarbon.com/new-integrated-road-disc-brake-frame_p136.html) very well. I have already seen him from the German brand "Leeze" in some races in use - They sell it as "Leeze Aero One" - here, however, I have not yet received a price from LightCarbon.

I also noticed the "TT-X38" from TanTan Cycling ( http://tantancycling.com/index.php?_m=mod_product&_a=view&p_id=1089 / https://www.seraphbikes.com/chameleon-paint-full-hidden-cable-disc-road-bike-frame-tt-x38-t47-thread-available-474952545658cm-size-p4773685.html ) - but I haven't read a review yet and would buy a pig in a poke.
I have heard only good things about TanTan, at least from Germany - but here in the forum, people often seem to be dissatisfied.

Can you help me? Or recommend something? Maybe frames with an angular shape? :-)
or maybe you can give me some pros and cons about the mentioned current favorites.

i thank you in advance!  :D

Edit: my favourite frame, the SC-R49D, is not available in Germany  :'(
"Hi,
Thanks for your interests but we currently can’t sell SC-R49D or SC-R52D to public in Germany.
Cheers
J."

Will be the velobuild 168 a alternative?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 01:46:39 AM by WhityWhite »

Velovelo

Re: I'm searching for a racing frame. SC-R49D, LCR0X-D, TT-38 or VB168?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 02:19:45 AM »

If you were doing just a poll for us to help you choose which frame to get out of the three, I will select the TT-X38 because of the different frame style compared to the rest and also I would like to try the T47 BB for a change since all my bikes are BB86 and one started creaking badly recently, which only an Hambini or BBinfinite BB + loctite can solve my issue.(All BB types do have their own pros and cons).
No science behind my choice. Just plainly the different style of frame geometry and different BB compared to what I currently have.
These frames are mostly "what you receive is what you get"  after you pull the trigger anyways.

If you are not in a hurry you can wait for Pat's review of the TT-X38.

some guy

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 04:49:54 AM »

Edit: my favourite frame, the SC-R49D, is not available in Germany  :'(
"Hi,
Thanks for your interests but we currently can’t sell SC-R49D or SC-R52D to public in Germany.
Cheers
J."

Will be the velobuild 168 a alternative?

yeah, parapera has the grip on the two nice speeder frames in germany. maybe you know someone outside of the country that can forward the frame to you?

WhityWhite

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 06:46:53 AM »
Perhaps I have expressed myself in an unfortunate way. I do not want to make a poll which is the most beautiful frame, but would like to have feedback in terms of manufacturer quality.

After research, I think I would distance myself from a velobuild frame in the meantime, because they are probably not mature. I'm not looking for a tinkering project, but would like a mature frame for my first self-assembled bike :)
The problems in the Velobuild VB168 thread put me off (c-ring, seatpost, etc...).
Or is everything fixed here in the meantime?

Thus, I hope to gain knowledge from you, preferably in terms of processing quality, material quality and if possible performance.

Speeder, for example, seems to do a good job, otherwise these frames would not be distributed by other companies under a different name.
(Maybe I try it in the case to me the frame abroad to let send).

With Lightcarbon that also seems to be the case.

Maybe you have other suggestions or opinions?

svanimpe

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2023, 09:28:31 AM »
You can also check out Yishun, which is the OEM behind Light Carbon. They offer a wider selection of frames. I've recently built-up their R086D race frame:

https://www.yishunbike.com/product/r086-daero-road/

Quality was excellent. The only downsides are that it's press-fit only, and they don't do painting on single-set orders, so you'd have to paint it yourself, or find an affordable painting service near you.

ricedaddy

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2023, 10:06:24 AM »
You can also check out Yishun, which is the OEM behind Light Carbon. They offer a wider selection of frames. I've recently built-up their R086D race frame:

Quality was excellent. The only downsides are that it's press-fit only, and they don't do painting on single-set orders, so you'd have to paint it yourself, or find an affordable painting service near you.

Thats a gnarly paint scheme! Nice job

WhityWhite

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2023, 10:27:47 PM »
I have found a way to order the sc49-d. To Portugal to friends who forward it to me.
I post here the prices as soon as I have them.

I also have prices from Lightcarbon for the frame.
I also asked them directly for a custom paint job.
Here are the prices as follows:

Road disc frame LCR0X-D UD black matte finish costs US$540/set
Unit price includes Frame +fork +seat post +clamp +headset +headset spacers + thru-axles+integrated handlebar HBR07
The payment we can accept are :
1)Paypal (4.5%handling charge)----Total is US$718 (540+147+31)
2) International Bank transfer(US$30 charge single time)----Total is US$717 (540+147+30)
3)PayPal Friend & Family(No payment fee)----Total is US$687 (540+147)

Below are the painting cost:
Standard Pantone color painting:US$100/set /color ;  US$130/set/2 colors ;US$180/set/3 colors ;
YS & Chameleon & Ice crack painting :  US$150/set / color; US$180/set/2 colors; US$200/set/3 colors ;
If order over 30 sets; each serial color painting cost can be reduced by US$20
We can also do your own brand LOGO on frames.
Our LOGO decal is water decal instead of stickers , decal surface will have a layer of paint, not easy to fall off, and very thin.
The LOGO decal cost US$35/color;(Same finish with the frame, such as full matte finish or full glossy finish.)
Otherwise it cost US$70/color;(such as LOGO in matte/glossy finish, but frame in glossy/matte finish)
Optional colors link will be sent next email.

I attached the price table for wheels from Lightcarbon too.
Does anyone here have experience with?

Yishunbikes, I will be ask in time an i form you about the difference.

WhityWhite

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2023, 11:00:59 PM »
Here is the price for the SC-R49.

US$780/set
Thru axles: US$20/set
NO.55R headsets: US$30/set
Shipping cost: US$120
PayPal fee: US$45
The total is US$995.

.... but they don’t stock this model so it requires MOQ 10 sets to start the new production. :'(

Goe

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2023, 05:58:59 AM »

Looks absolutely fierce! I was also going to suggest Yishun. I have pre-ordered their new frame which is a bit more relaxed. The R086D would be a great race frame though

Serge_K

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2023, 05:37:56 AM »
I attached the price table for wheels from Lightcarbon too.
Does anyone here have experience with?

I have ordered 7 sets from Farsports over the years. I would suggest you speak with them, I think they're cheaper, and really doubt they're any worse. I've ridden their wheels in many situations where i'd straight up die if anything went wrong. They have been making great wheels for many years :)

jonh

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2023, 05:07:32 PM »
I'm in a similar situation, looking for an aggressive geometry. I"m UK based.
I'm looking for a stack reach ratio near 1.37 on a large frame.

Speeder SC-R49D would have been perfect but the 10MOQ :/
Seraph X36 is probably my second choice but geometry looks closer to a TT bike with stack:reach at 1.33
Yishun R086D pretty good at 1.38

These brands don't seem aggressive enough
Seka
Velobuild
Haideli
Elves
Tantan

Just thought i would add my research. Maybe it will help.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 12:16:08 AM by jonh »