Author Topic: shipping times from aliexpress  (Read 4299 times)

flyedf

shipping times from aliexpress
« on: June 12, 2023, 02:58:21 PM »
the standard AliExpress Shipping is currently showing 1 month.  anyone buy a frame recently?  worth it to pay extra for ups/fedex? 

Tijoe

Re: shipping times from aliexpress
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 10:25:27 PM »
I find that most of the items I purchase from Aliexpress state one month deliveries.  Unless the store states they have a guaranteed delivery time, I believe that the stores use a standard 1 month delivery that Aliexpress posts.

This being stated:  The best approach from my perspective is to message/write the store selling the frame you want and ask specifically if they have it in stock, then how long of a processing time it takes them to drop it off or have the shipping company pick up your order.   

Then it usually takes 10 to 15 days for it to make it to my local USPS office.  I don't know how much faster deliveries are or can be in larger cities.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 01:26:19 AM »
I recently bought a TFSA frame and I am not exactly happy with the time everything takes... At first there was a problem with the frame so they had to make another one. It took almost 1 month before they shipped. After that it sat in Hong Kong for 2 weeks waiting for a flight... Last Sunday it finally got on a flight and went to I don't know where. I am in the EU and paid extra for DPD shipping. I ordered the frame on 03/05 so that will be almost 2 months between order and receiving the frame (hoping all goes well from now on).

So yes, check if the frame is in stock and check reviews from other people about the shipping.

jonathanf2

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023, 11:12:24 AM »
I ordered from SPCycle awhile back. It took 10 days to prep and paint the frame. I did standard AliEx shipping and they used FedEx Global. It took about 5 days to get to my front door. They're not very chatty when it comes to messaging, but they ship fast. I've also ordered from TFSA, it took about a whole month for the frame to arrived via USPS.

It's a good idea to ask what's in stock first which will speed up the process. I believe most frames are raw carbon and then painted/clear-coated depending on customer.

flyedf

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2023, 12:01:26 PM »
I'm doing frame/fork with btx and they are saying about a week to put color on.  it has free shipping = aliexpress standard, which they are saying 1-2months to USA.  Or else I pay for upgrade shipping.  I've noticed other seller's charge ($80) for shipping, so I'm assuming they are using expedited shipping.

I've ordered various small parts and I've been getting things in just 2-3weeks (non expedited, economy ship), which is fastest ever.

jonathanf2

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2023, 07:05:08 PM »
I'm doing frame/fork with btx and they are saying about a week to put color on.  it has free shipping = aliexpress standard, which they are saying 1-2months to USA.  Or else I pay for upgrade shipping.  I've noticed other seller's charge ($80) for shipping, so I'm assuming they are using expedited shipping.

I've ordered various small parts and I've been getting things in just 2-3weeks (non expedited, economy ship), which is fastest ever.

Allot at least 1-2 months for a frame to ship to the US. I think if a frame seller does business via EBay, there's a good chance they will use similar shipping speeds for AliEx orders since Ebay is a bit more stringent on sellers.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2023, 06:32:26 AM »
I recently bought a TFSA frame and I am not exactly happy with the time everything takes... At first there was a problem with the frame so they had to make another one. It took almost 1 month before they shipped. After that it sat in Hong Kong for 2 weeks waiting for a flight... Last Sunday it finally got on a flight and went to I don't know where. I am in the EU and paid extra for DPD shipping. I ordered the frame on 03/05 so that will be almost 2 months between order and receiving the frame (hoping all goes well from now on).

So yes, check if the frame is in stock and check reviews from other people about the shipping.

And delivered today. Once it landed in the EU it went surprisingly fast.

So ordered on 03/05 , lost about 1,5 weeks with a production error, than took a long time to just get on a plane and arrived at my door on 15/06.

Tijoe

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2023, 08:39:43 PM »
Just when I though shipping times were becoming faster....
The majority of my orders in the past month have added another stop in the USA as the package more slowly makes it to my house.

Just a month ago, tracking used to indicate that it has made it through customs and was in Los Angeles, followed by a stop in West Valley City Utah. Then the package would show up in my local town and out for delivery.

Now...

Goes through customs in Los Angeles,
followed by a stop in GreenWood IN, where it is takes 3 more days for the package to show up in;
West Valley City Utah.
Then the package shows up in my local town.

Why the extra stop these days? 
Any one else seeing this new stop in their tracking of packages?

flyedf

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2023, 01:29:34 PM »
I got it in 12 days.  but seller had a $80 charge for shipping.  it stated standard aliexpress, but seems more like an upgraded ship method

s3si1u

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2023, 12:48:43 AM »
I just bought a single pair of aero socks on Ali for like $3 and it arrived to my door in a week. Lol.
On the other hand, I bought a $300 power meter spider on the same day and it hasn't even shipped yet .  ;D AliX is a strange place.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 04:49:15 AM by s3si1u »
Instagram: @aerosloth

jonathanf2

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2023, 11:28:28 AM »
AliEx has been holding my packages together for combined delivery. Honestly I think it takes even longer doing it this way. It's best to time your big purchases further apart.

coffeebreak

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2023, 11:44:27 AM »
13 of my orders were combined into one - all small bits and pieces for color coding (screws, cables, caps etc). This was ordered on 16th June and after consolidation the package left China on 26th. Usually this would happen in 2-3 days. Some of those items are 15 day guarantee items too. I wonder how it would work now. May be slower shipping items will benefit too?
In general though, when orders are combined they take longer than individually shipped items. For example the handlebar ordered on same day was delivered yesterday.

jonathanf2

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2023, 11:42:55 PM »
13 of my orders were combined into one - all small bits and pieces for color coding (screws, cables, caps etc). This was ordered on 16th June and after consolidation the package left China on 26th. Usually this would happen in 2-3 days. Some of those items are 15 day guarantee items too. I wonder how it would work now. May be slower shipping items will benefit too?
In general though, when orders are combined they take longer than individually shipped items. For example the handlebar ordered on same day was delivered yesterday.

I've read combined shipping works faster for certain countries, but I think for the US it's quite a bit slower. I've received all of my items from the summer sale, so I'll probably hold off order for awhile. The weather is good right now, so I'll spend more time riding instead of online shopping!  ;D

coffeebreak

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2023, 07:44:44 PM »
Shipping times likely to improve tremendously in the near future as Cainiao is launching 5 day global delivery -

https://postandparcel.info/153377/news/e-commerce/cainiao-to-launch-5-day-global-delivery-service/

Could be rising pressure from Temu but a great news regardless.

With that said, in the past 2 months most of my orders have arrived in less than 15 days, some in a week so things are definitely on the way up compared to last year where almost every order took a month or more.

jonathanf2

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2023, 11:01:46 AM »
Shipping times likely to improve tremendously in the near future as Cainiao is launching 5 day global delivery -

https://postandparcel.info/153377/news/e-commerce/cainiao-to-launch-5-day-global-delivery-service/

Could be rising pressure from Temu but a great news regardless.

With that said, in the past 2 months most of my orders have arrived in less than 15 days, some in a week so things are definitely on the way up compared to last year where almost every order took a month or more.

Temu seems to be making pretty good strides. At my daughter's HS, they all know and order stuff from there. Also I notice more bike parts are showing up.