Author Topic: Carbonda CGWO1 vs 9Velo GV45 vs Lun Grapid Wheelsets  (Read 1046 times)

bennytalent

Carbonda CGWO1 vs 9Velo GV45 vs Lun Grapid Wheelsets
« on: June 15, 2023, 01:19:03 PM »
CGWO1 w/DT Swiss 240 and Sapim CX-Ray Spokes 24mm inner 30 outer $1123.38 ($885 + $190 Shipping *1.045 Paypal fee) (For a CX bike, I get the road cassette, right?)

or

GV45 w/Shimano Freehub and Sapim CX-Ray Spokes 26mm inner 32mm outer $829 (Free Shipping! * Paypal fee??)

or

Lun GRAPID w/"Shimano compatible" freehub and Pillar 1420 Spokes 25mm inner 32mm outer $898 ($798 + $100 shipping * Paypal fee??)

I'm looking to ride gravel up to C3, not too much C4, and rough roads. Not looking to race, but looking for smooth and fast ride. I have a CX bike with 38c's and I would also like the option of participating in road bike group rides. The ADHD in me wants to get the CGW01 w/ DT Swiss 240 for the great quality, long term and "future proof". Also considering it is worth it to splurge on a wheelset, as opposed to other, less impactful components. "Trace Velo" has very much endorsed the 9Velo wheelset and I've seen this forum praise Carbonda products

Does anyone have experience with these wheelsets on gravel or in general? Were you pleased with the quality and components? Which would you pick out of the 3?

svanimpe

Re: Carbonda CGWO1 vs 9Velo GV45 vs Lun Grapid Wheelsets
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 09:46:58 AM »
I would also enquire with Yishun for a build with their GRL rims: https://www.yishunbike.com/product-category/rims/rims-disc-brake/rims-disc-brake-grl-series/
I have a pair with DT 350 hubs and Sapim spokes. They were about €700 incl. shipping and PayPal fee.

Note that the 240 hub is extremely expensive, that's what many pros se :)
Now that DT Swiss' ratchet pattern has expired, I would definitely go for an OEM hub with a ratchet. They feel and sound identical to DT Swiss ones.

bennytalent

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 06:51:25 PM »
I would also enquire with Yishun for a build with their GRL rims: https://www.yishunbike.com/product-category/rims/rims-disc-brake/rims-disc-brake-grl-series/
I have a pair with DT 350 hubs and Sapim spokes. They were about €700 incl. shipping and PayPal fee.

Note that the 240 hub is extremely expensive, that's what many pros se :)
Now that DT Swiss' ratchet pattern has expired, I would definitely go for an OEM hub with a ratchet. They feel and sound identical to DT Swiss ones.

I'll admit I'm a newbie when it comes to wheels, I'm not brave enough to start assembling them on my own yet... looking at their website, I'm definitely interested in their 33mm wheelset but I don't see which hub they specifically use?

svanimpe

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2023, 01:49:03 AM »
@bennytalent: I didn't mean building your own :) You can just ask for the configuration you want. For hubs, you can ask for DT Swiss hubs, or go for their OEM hubs.