Author Topic: Full integrated carbon bar with positive angle  (Read 1002 times)

curvenut

Full integrated carbon bar with positive angle
« on: June 16, 2023, 10:12:06 PM »
Hi,

I  am trying to find a Fully integrated carbon bar with positive angle
since I dont want to have an aggresive position on  my road bike.

On ali, I didnt not find it .

Did someone saw one ?

Cheers

svanimpe

Re: Full integrated carbon bar with positive angle
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 01:46:20 AM »
I don't think those exist.

I would recommend you look for bike with endurance or gravel geometry, so you can have lower reach and higher stack.

RDY

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 02:54:16 PM »
Or better yet just go semi-integrated and separate bar stem.  If you have an aero bar, you're losing virtually nothing.  It just doesn't look quite as cool.

00Garza

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2023, 09:57:43 AM »
Does not exist. A main selling point of fully integrated bar/stem is aero gains. With a positive angle stem, you lose those aero gains.

svanimpe

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2023, 12:50:30 PM »
@curvenut If you're like me, and you're looking for high stack / low reach, you may be better off with a gravel frame.

My next build will use the Yishun G075-D frameset. That's about the only frame that I can use with a negative stem angle.

jfcb

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2023, 01:11:12 PM »
deda alanera (and its copycats on ali) have a positive (8deg) angle.

Avalius

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2023, 04:43:27 AM »
deda alanera (and its copycats on ali) have a positive (8deg) angle.

Any tips to find these on ali? :)

jfcb

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2023, 10:34:22 AM »
search for alanera handlebar 2023 and you'll find them.
But after a quick look, there are others as well with a pos angle.  I.e. Toseek Tr5500, airwolf YFHB009 etc.

coffeebreak

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2023, 11:35:48 AM »
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802857374440.html

search for alanera handlebar 2023 and you'll find them.
But after a quick look, there are others as well with a pos angle.  I.e. Toseek Tr5500, airwolf YFHB009 etc

The angle says 17 degree which is pretty steep but the schematic they have makes it clear that this is not going to be positive angle once installed. The review images of the handle mounted on bikes also show negative angle.

jfcb

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2023, 01:33:39 PM »

The angle says 17 degree which is pretty steep but the schematic they have makes it clear that this is not going to be positive angle once installed. The review images of the handle mounted on bikes also show negative angle.
Looks like there are 2 versions:
some have 6deg angle

Serge_K

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2023, 01:09:05 PM »
I haven't come across any positive angle cockpit.
I've been riding a VB 168 and a VB GF002 back to back for weeks, if you want a road bike, don't get a gravel bike. It behaves very differently downhill. I don't want to sound like a GCN presenter, but the BB is higher, the geometry is different in several ways (that I barely understand), but it just doesn't feel nice do go downhill fast with my gravel bike on asphalt. Probably mostly because of the higher center of gravity?
An endurance road bike as far as i can tell is essentially just a road bike with a tall head tube so you don't look foolish with a mountain of headset spacers.
So i'd say either an endurance geometry + cockpit, or whatever road frame that fits you + bar & stem combo.