Author Topic: FRAME VAN RYSEL RCR 2023  (Read 1842 times)

al andaluz

FRAME VAN RYSEL RCR 2023
« on: June 29, 2023, 12:31:38 PM »
Good afternoon, I wanted to know who is the manufacturer of the Van Rysel RCR 2023 frame?
It is a frame that I like, and seen that it will be impossible to buy it because they do not usually bring units for sale in Decathlon, I was looking for open mold and I found nothing like it.
If someone could help me, I would be grateful.
Best regards

wousera

Re: FRAME VAN RYSEL RCR 2023
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 03:35:42 PM »
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/sea-otter-2023-van-rysel-road-gravel-bikes/

The RCR is Van Rysel’s new aero road bike, designed, according to Lazarus, in-house by the brand in conjunction with Onera, a French aerospace company.

i'm pretty sure you wont find the van rysel rcr anywhere else then in decathlon. It seems it is developed especially for them and they probably own the rights to the design (and might even own the manufacturer). So even if you'll find one it's probably a replica (which is always shady). They seem very serious about their new models since allegedly AG2R-La Mondiale will ride on it next year in the world tour.

You probably can't find the frame since it hasn't been for sale yet. Should go on sale somewhere now (end of june).   

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 06:26:34 AM »
True but it looks like a velobuild 268 frame

wousera

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 10:12:42 AM »
Yeah you're right! might not be the exact same but if you like the design the 268 seems like a very good replica.

Serge_K

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2024, 03:39:05 AM »
The VB268 is indeed quite close! which is probably because they all look like iterations of the Tarmac SL7.
Yishun R1058-D is another one that looks close. Yishun is an OEM factory for western brands (RIBBLE, BERRIA, MENDIZ, MAGEMO, BOTTCCHIA, DEROSA https://www.yishunbike.com/yishunbike-frame-factory/), vs VB is a broker that sources frames from OEM factories.
R1058-D is 30C max though. Major bummer for me.