Author Topic: Velobuild GF-003? LBS reported frame obstruction prevent cable routing...  (Read 1108 times)

kwantani

Hi new here, my 2nd post.
Received a Velobuild GF-003, LBS try to build it. They reported there's an obstruction in the frame that is preventing them from running the housing through. Still try to get more details from them.

Has anyone worked on the GF-003? what problems you're encountering building up?

coffeebreak

Did they try routing cables with the cable routing tool? I don't have 003 but have the 002 and cable routing was a massive pain. Where exactly is the cable hitting the wall inside the frame?

Also did they try running just the cable inner thru the frame, does it pass thru all the way?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 09:38:11 AM by coffeebreak »

electrolux

The 003 doesnt use EPS moulding so the inside could be rougher than an 002 or a typical frame the LBS are used to?

s3si1u

Stick a camera in the frame and see what's up. You can get them fairly cheap online.

NoGrip61

Stick a camera in the frame and see what's up. You can get them fairly cheap online.
x2 ^^, or a metal coat hanger, or old shift cable wire?

My CX-002 had a very small opening for the rear shift cable, such that I couldn't push the foam cable housing insulation further than about half way down the chain stay.  I think the cavity got smaller to only allow a cable housing.  I pushed the rear shift housing from the rear of the bike to the front, so that that made it a little easier, so maybe the LBS can do that?

kwantani

LBS reported at the middle of the right chain stay has some obstruction preventing the cable housing from routing thru, I think it's similar problem. I'm not a very mechanical skilled person. Let me suggest they try that.

x2 ^^, or a metal coat hanger, or old shift cable wire?

My CX-002 had a very small opening for the rear shift cable, such that I couldn't push the foam cable housing insulation further than about half way down the chain stay.  I think the cavity got smaller to only allow a cable housing.  I pushed the rear shift housing from the rear of the bike to the front, so that that made it a little easier, so maybe the LBS can do that?