Author Topic: Protection film (PPF) from Carbonda FM1001  (Read 641 times)

japjoe7

Protection film (PPF) from Carbonda FM1001
« on: July 11, 2023, 10:30:32 AM »
Anyone know a company that sells protection film for the Carbonda FM1001 frame and/or know the companies that use this frame? Someone has to make film for this generic model.

Edit: So far the brands/models I've found are, KHS 6600, Sherpa Massif...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 01:11:25 PM by japjoe7 »

ASB77

Re: Protection film (PPF) from Carbonda FM1001
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 09:42:37 AM »
I used the generic ride wrap kit that was ok with a bit of cutting, later I replaced the top tube piece with some Armor Up which is just a roll of protection tape that you cut to size. 

japjoe7

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 09:54:46 AM »
I used the generic ride wrap kit that was ok with a bit of cutting, later I replaced the top tube piece with some Armor Up which is just a roll of protection tape that you cut to size.

Yeah, I'm contemplating just buying some sheets and making it myself. It's just going to take some time. I'm trying to avoid that. There has to be a brand out there that some PFF company make a template for these bikes.

h-habilis

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2023, 10:39:37 PM »
Yeah, I'm contemplating just buying some sheets and making it myself. It's just going to take some time. I'm trying to avoid that. There has to be a brand out there that some PFF company make a template for these bikes.

The frame I bought was a first release model, so no chance of a kit.  I could have maybe found a kit for a similar looking frame but opted to just buy 4 meters of 3M Rhinoskin.  It was a fussy task, as I doubled up in a few spots, but in the end it was 2 hours well spent.