Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 76218 times)

rockerplates.de

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #780 on: May 16, 2024, 12:58:01 AM »
That's assuming that Shimano and SRAM components never have issues, which is far from the case. I wasn't really paying attention when the first electronic group sets became common, but others comment that they had their issues, even on race days. I would assume they still do, to a much lesser degree, though the rare times they still have issues the problems are probably more quickly and painlessly corrected.

Also, engineering and design missteps are still non unheard of for the big boys, as stories of Shimano's delaminating cranks caused many people huge headaches and even injuries.

But I wasn't talking about the upper end of the market. I was talking about the mid and lower tiers, where electronic geoupsets can really shine on a price/performance ratio, but Shimano and SRAM keep the tech walled off to only high performance and super high price because they have no real reason not to price it as such. Now, perhaps, they'll have a reason.

maybe true....but i have never had a hassle when quality problems occured with the big players., shimano swapped all the faulty stuff without a hassle, ....Ltwoo knows about all those issues, but keeps selling these faulty groups and generates more frustration on users and sellers side....with this behaviour, it should be a no brainer for them to help customers getting the group running...or take the stuff back?
in my base, groups did not work and no one helped or asks for videos...we are just beeing ignored..
i am doing chinese business for 25 years now....we started with ltwoo and big motivation to establish a brand against to big ones...at the end, it was just a waste of time..the mechanical groupsets work well, but with aliexpress selling cheaper than ltwoo to dealers?
It was just a waste of time.
DJI for instance had faulty stuff, too....all these items where collected and deducted from next orders..with this, we never had problems selling quantities, as we knew DJi will help....so the market had no problems with minor issues....these issues were solved within 2 weeks..and a plan was established how to proceed with the products on the market....
It seems LTWOO does not have the capacity to concentrate on these products as they are busy with domestic sales with entry groupsets....

Look at sensah...the were one of the first companies at the starting line....but they are way behind now...

Mattpl

« Reply #781 on: May 16, 2024, 01:46:08 AM »
Sory for post my problem again but this is new er9 from Aliexpress, ltwoo and store from few days are off ;/ Total silence od ther side ;/

problem with er9 one of you have simillar problem (i have PM him).
straight road without any holes, and system go down. This happend with some combination of front from 1 to second and on rear and back. After plug charger system turn on (new battery). happend when i tried to shift both derailleurs at the same time??
Front from big to small and back vice versa.
Yesterday i have test it without gear protection in app (off) and while on FD move from 1 to 2 then all OFF. When gear protection is on i can change at FD gears few times and when chanigng in not smooth system of, this looks like some of protection?? In my opinion FD is quite good adjust at 2x11

53-36T and 11-25T

Thanks for any help
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 05:26:49 AM by Mattpl »

SirBikealot

« Reply #782 on: May 16, 2024, 05:42:16 AM »
Sory for post my problem again but this is new er9 from Aliexpress, ltwoo and store from few days are off ;/ Total silence od ther side ;/

problem with er9 one of you have simillar problem (i have PM him).
straight road without any holes, and system go down. This happend with some combination of front from 1 to second and on rear and back. After plug charger system turn on (new battery). happend when i tried to shift both derailleurs at the same time??
Front from big to small and back vice versa.
Yesterday i have test it without gear protection in app (off) and while on FD move from 1 to 2 then all OFF. When gear protection is on i can change at FD gears few times and when chanigng in not smooth system of, this looks like some of protection?? In my opinion FD is quite good adjust at 2x11

53-36T and 11-25T

Thanks for any help
Thats me and nope no solution yet. Just for saftey reasons that i by mistake shift both exactly at the same time i put my charging cable and a usb-a to ubs-c adapter in my saddlebag, so i can connect the rd to my phone as a charging device and get it working again.
Maybe some pseudo "calibration" needs to be done, because mine thought it was in the smales cog altough it was in the middle of the cassette

Mattpl

« Reply #783 on: May 16, 2024, 05:59:46 AM »

Thats me and nope no solution yet. Just for saftey reasons that i by mistake shift both exactly at the same time i put my charging cable and a usb-a to ubs-c adapter in my saddlebag, so i can connect the rd to my phone as a charging device and get it working again.
Maybe some pseudo "calibration" needs to be done, because mine thought it was in the smales cog altough it was in the middle of the cassette

you run 2x11 or 12? Yestrerday I was testing and with gear protection off my system go down after only one change from 1 to 2 at front, with gear protection on this situation happend less often. I think this is connected with some adjusment of FD, when shift on front is smooth then is ok, when not system is blocking.

I'm in contact with Ltwoo and Store from aliexpress ,but damn, they are silent ;/ Support even not exist

Could somone whith 53-36 on front take photo of FD when is at second gear ( now mine is set with sticker 3mm up the tooth) and screen with calibration for FD on 1 and 2 gear (i know that this depends which frame, hanger etc.)

//Edit: I have contact with a few people with Ltwoo and I have tommorow video call or chat with someone from tech support, will see
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 07:38:03 AM by Mattpl »

SirBikealot

« Reply #784 on: May 16, 2024, 07:58:03 AM »

you run 2x11 or 12? Yestrerday I was testing and with gear protection off my system go down after only one change from 1 to 2 at front, with gear protection on this situation happend less often. I think this is connected with some adjusment of FD, when shift on front is smooth then is ok, when not system is blocking.

I'm in contact with Ltwoo and Store from aliexpress ,but damn, they are silent ;/ Support even not exist

Could somone whith 53-36 on front take photo of FD when is at second gear ( now mine is set with sticker 3mm up the tooth) and screen with calibration for FD on 1 and 2 gear (i know that this depends which frame, hanger etc.)

//Edit: I have contact with a few people with Ltwoo and I have tommorow video call or chat with someone from tech support, will see
it's 2x11 with 50-34 and 11-32
really looking forward to the outcome of your video call

Mattpl

« Reply #785 on: May 16, 2024, 08:05:18 AM »
also mine is 2x11 53-36 and 11-25. I will give feedback if something tell new this support .

Edit:///
Today chat with store and fianlly nothing new, same info  like
"When changing gears with shift, the crank needs to be cranked up, otherwise the RD will flash a red light and not move."
It's very hard to talk with them ;/ now again I'm waiting for any response ;/
Today I will also test with another battery, maybe there is some drops of Voltage ?? FD need more power to change gear i think
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 07:31:08 AM by Mattpl »

Serge_K

« Reply #786 on: Today at 11:50:40 AM »
And the disaster continues. 3rd dead er9 RD. again, randomly and for no reason. Was riding with my friend, who really hasn't used his new bike much, less than ten rides for sure. Dry, 20 Celsius, smooth asphalt, largely flat. 35km into the ride, his RD dies like the other 2. So there's my er9 on which I've put almost 4k km that's working fine (sometimes it charges weird, but at least it's working), and the fifth one isn't being used because the front wheel on that bike broke during a crash and we're still waiting for a replacement.
At which point can I preemptively ask for extra spare RDs? I'm happy to beta test, but we can't be 6 weeks without derailleurs every time one kills itself.