Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 77311 times)

Jimin

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #465 on: July 12, 2024, 04:38:22 AM »
I've just assembled mine, it's the nicest Chinese frame I've had. Previously had a 3T Exporo clone and Longteng LTK118.

No major issues with the build or running the cables.

No rear mech hanger in the box but they sent one out quickly.

Size M, haven't cut down the steerer yet. I'm 181cm with a 74cm BB to saddle height and relatively short legs. 85cm inseam. All my previous bikes are 56cm and this looks a good fit.

I got the Hygge Shun wheels too, in F50 R60mm. The freehub is offensivley loud if thats your thing!

Everything from Aliexpress except the 28mm GP5000s and sealant.

Ultegra DI2 shifting and brakes.
XT rotors
Leese carbon cranks 52-36. The chainline is a bit funky and I haven't worked this out yet. As a workaround I've spaced out the FD mount with washers.
Zitto 11-32 cassette
Cheapo saddle.

7.4kg as is with the Assiomas.

Quick test ride today as I'm getting over flu - feels great, not too harsh at all, low 60s psi will do that!

Very impressed so far, paint is really nice.
Did you got Ultegra Di2 from Ali aswell? :)

drscrote

« Reply #466 on: July 12, 2024, 07:14:15 PM »
Yes, it was around $1900 AUD for shifters, callipers, front and rear mechs, battery, cables. I got the chain locally to avoid fakes.

drscrote

« Reply #467 on: July 13, 2024, 03:48:46 AM »
Had a longer ride today. It's fast, of course that may be the lower position so I can get more out of the wind.

My last bike was a Madone 9, the last rim brake one. Compared to that this has less aggressive handling, the Madone was razor sharp. When I'm over flu I'll start sticking some power down and see how that feels.

BAR

« Reply #468 on: July 13, 2024, 05:01:39 AM »
Had a longer ride today. It's fast, of course that may be the lower position so I can get more out of the wind.

My last bike was a Madone 9, the last rim brake one. Compared to that this has less aggressive handling, the Madone was razor sharp. When I'm over flu I'll start sticking some power down and see how that feels.

When did you bought frameset, how long have you waited?

drscrote

« Reply #469 on: July 13, 2024, 06:53:35 AM »
It wasn't long.

Ordered 21 June
Arrived 4th July

To Australia

Okay

« Reply #470 on: July 15, 2024, 03:43:42 AM »
This is almost the final build. The cockpit is from Farsports, 32mm Continental 5000 tires (to be changed to Veloflex). The weight without bottles, computer, and tool bag is exactly 7 kilos (with all mounts) in size M. I am satisfied with almost everything: the play in the steering disappeared after installing Farsports spacers, but the front rotor rubs a bit during sprints.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 05:04:25 AM by Okay »

RoadieMKD

« Reply #471 on: July 15, 2024, 05:53:40 AM »
This is almost the final build. The cockpit is from Farsports, 32mm Continental 5000 tires (to be changed to Veloflex). The weight without bottles, computer, and tool bag is exactly 7 kilos (with all mounts) in size M. I am satisfied with almost everything: the play in the steering disappeared after installing Farsports spacers, but the front rotor rubs a bit during sprints.

Nice build. If you don't mind me asking, what is the sticker on the seat tube? Looks like UCI approved sticker location. Are the frames now UCI legal? Not that it matters to me but just curious. I know that their wheels are UCI approved but not the frames. Maybe that has changed.
Thanks!

BAR

« Reply #472 on: July 15, 2024, 09:18:08 AM »
I'm gonna set up my hygge L with:
-Ultegra di2 8170 groupset,
-Elitewheels ent 2.0 disc,
- lexon carbon saddle,
-vittoria rubino/continental gp 5000 28/30c
-105 rd7000 pedals.
Should be around 7,2kg but... still waiting for frameset shipment..

manu86

« Reply #473 on: July 17, 2024, 11:56:28 AM »
Quick question for anyone who already build up his bike with di2: is there any mounting point for the di2 connection box or is it the barend once again?

Lotnik

« Reply #474 on: July 17, 2024, 02:22:07 PM »
Quick question for anyone who already build up his bike with di2: is there any mounting point for the di2 connection box or is it the barend once again?
Connection box is going forever already. Everything is in rear derailleur.

drscrote

« Reply #475 on: July 17, 2024, 03:35:00 PM »
If you mean 11s DI2 there is no mounting on the frame downtube.

The integrated handlebars do have a hole at the end for the wiring for bar end placing of junction box.

12s DI2 is all in the rear derailleur.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 03:37:21 PM by drscrote »

manu86

« Reply #476 on: July 17, 2024, 04:39:10 PM »
Yep - I was referring to the 11sp Di2. Barend it is then. I had the groupset for rim braking laying around for ages and figured I will build up a rim brake bike and landed here and ended up with the Model S.

Okay

« Reply #477 on: July 18, 2024, 09:42:59 AM »
Nice build. If you don't mind me asking, what is the sticker on the seat tube? Looks like UCI approved sticker location. Are the frames now UCI legal? Not that it matters to me but just curious. I know that their wheels are UCI approved but not the frames. Maybe that has changed.
Thanks!
This is a joke UCI Illigal sticker. Already 6.76kg, work ahead to change the crank.

ich1maru

« Reply #478 on: July 18, 2024, 10:49:44 AM »

I'm interested in getting this frame, but i would really like to run my 32mm Contis S TR tubeless. My rims are 21mm internal. What is your setup and do you think there is enough room to comfortably run 32mm tires?

Okay

« Reply #479 on: July 18, 2024, 05:18:10 PM »
I'm interested in getting this frame, but i would really like to run my 32mm Contis S TR tubeless. My rims are 21mm internal. What is your setup and do you think there is enough room to comfortably run 32mm tires?
Yes, there is even a small mud gap there.