Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 77159 times)

jes2k13

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #510 on: August 18, 2024, 01:06:01 PM »
Oh this shattered my hopes to build one using the Hygge Frame;

So apparently this guy had snapped his seat stays when he accidentally unclipped and have hit that part.

is the EPS Mould Update addressing this issue?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #511 on: August 18, 2024, 01:31:00 PM »
Btw frame has now more than 4000km on it and I am still very happy with it.
I also have 4000km on the frame now and no complaints anymore. All the little kinks have been solved with some trial and error. Paint stays great.

Lotnik

« Reply #512 on: August 20, 2024, 01:19:25 AM »
Oh this shattered my hopes to build one using the Hygge Frame;

So apparently this guy had snapped his seat stays when he accidentally unclipped and have hit that part.

is the EPS Mould Update addressing this issue?

Not exactly. What I understood that he was trying to clip in during pushing second pedal down and his heel blocked between and snapped the seat stay.

snack

« Reply #513 on: August 20, 2024, 01:09:08 PM »
Hi all,

I have just dipped my toes early this week into the world of the Chinese bike world. I am still very much a noob when it comes to biking. Sorry if what I am about to ask is a very stupid question.

Backstory, is during Covid I bought my first Allez E5 2019. And sold it a couple years after as I had to move cities. I now ride a 2020 Specialized Allez Sprint.

Fork: Tarmac SL6 FACT carbon
Seatpost: Venge Aero carbon
Bars: Enve Aero carbon
Brakes: 105 hydraulic disc
Drivetrain: 105 2x11

More info on frameset here: https://www.specialized.com/ca/en/allez-sprint-disc-frameset/p/171321?color=264799-171321

Are all my parts interchangeable if I get something like the Hygge Model S frame and move everything over? I plan on buying only new Carbon wheels and better tires. Ideally, if I can keep the seatpost, bars, brakes and drive train that would be nice.

Thanks.

thejuampi

« Reply #514 on: August 20, 2024, 01:30:27 PM »
Hi all,

I have just dipped my toes early this week into the world of the Chinese bike world. I am still very much a noob when it comes to biking. Sorry if what I am about to ask is a very stupid question.

Backstory, is during Covid I bought my first Allez E5 2019. And sold it a couple years after as I had to move cities. I now ride a 2020 Specialized Allez Sprint.

Fork: Tarmac SL6 FACT carbon
Seatpost: Venge Aero carbon
Bars: Enve Aero carbon
Brakes: 105 hydraulic disc
Drivetrain: 105 2x11

More info on frameset here: https://www.specialized.com/ca/en/allez-sprint-disc-frameset/p/171321?color=264799-171321

Are all my parts interchangeable if I get something like the Hygge Model S frame and move everything over? I plan on buying only new Carbon wheels and better tires. Ideally, if I can keep the seatpost, bars, brakes and drive train that would be nice.

Thanks.

I'd say only brakes, drivetrain and crankset. Seat post in propietary. Not sure about fork and handlebars

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #515 on: August 20, 2024, 02:03:29 PM »
I'd say only brakes, drivetrain and crankset. Seat post in propietary. Not sure about fork and handlebars
Fork probably won't work and handlebars only if you can find a correct adapter.

Rallyfocus

« Reply #516 on: August 20, 2024, 02:36:11 PM »
I'm planning to purchase my first direct from China frame to build up over the winter as a race bike. I'm leaning towards a Model S with EPS molding. I'm just a little unclear on the sizing an geometry of this frame. Some measurements look like they are taken from different points than Trek uses.

Is anyone able to comment on what size would be the closest to a Size 56 2023 Emonda SLR? I appreciate the help and info available on this site.

It looks like the Size 52M is 1.5mm shorter in reach and 7mm higher in stack. I'm currently riding with 10mm of spacers on my Emonda, it seems like this size would work well with less spacers. I'm 183cm tall with an inseam of about 31.

Anyone else roughly my size care to share what size Model S they are riding and what the fit is like?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #517 on: August 20, 2024, 02:46:29 PM »
I'm planning to purchase my first direct from China frame to build up over the winter as a race bike. I'm leaning towards a Model S with EPS molding. I'm just a little unclear on the sizing an geometry of this frame. Some measurements look like they are taken from different points than Trek uses.

Is anyone able to comment on what size would be the closest to a Size 56 2023 Emonda SLR? I appreciate the help and info available on this site.

It looks like the Size 52M is 1.5mm shorter in reach and 7mm higher in stack. I'm currently riding with 10mm of spacers on my Emonda, it seems like this size would work well with less spacers. I'm 183cm tall with an inseam of about 31.

Anyone else roughly my size care to share what size Model S they are riding and what the fit is like?

You can use several websites to compare geometry. Like these:
https://geometrygeeks.bike/
https://bike-stats.de

Lotnik

« Reply #518 on: August 21, 2024, 01:26:23 AM »

I'm 183 cm too and I bought size L. Yesterday I was doing fitting to cut the steerer tube  and it fits me good.

Rallyfocus

« Reply #519 on: August 21, 2024, 04:32:12 AM »
Thanks for the info folks! It looks like I'll be going for a large.

fulcom

« Reply #520 on: August 24, 2024, 05:24:43 PM »
Hi guys, I'm new here but I've read the full 35 pages so I feel like I know a bunch of you already  ;D

I have a question for you aficionados: I'm 170cm but with a 75cm inseam (short legs basically). Although I fall right into the S frame size bucket (166-174cm), I'm concerned that it might still be too big. Any experience to share with Hygge specifically regarding sizing? I'm familiar with the famous "in case of doubt, size down" but if I do it I want it to be for the right reasons.

Thanks for your help!

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #521 on: August 25, 2024, 04:38:01 AM »
Hi guys, I'm new here but I've read the full 35 pages so I feel like I know a bunch of you already  ;D

I have a question for you aficionados: I'm 170cm but with a 75cm inseam (short legs basically). Although I fall right into the S frame size bucket (166-174cm), I'm concerned that it might still be too big. Any experience to share with Hygge specifically regarding sizing? I'm familiar with the famous "in case of doubt, size down" but if I do it I want it to be for the right reasons.

Thanks for your help!

I am 172 with 82 inseam and I have the small. So you might want to size down...

This is my setup:

fulcom

« Reply #522 on: August 25, 2024, 11:45:47 AM »
I am 172 with 82 inseam and I have the small. So you might want to size down...

This is my setup:

What a beauty @TidyDinausor!  :o
Thanks, I was thinking that you would probably be the best suited to answer that question (given your weight I assumed that we might be in the same ballpark).
Out of curiosity what handlebar size did you go for? I wouldn't really know what stem length to go for with one size down

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #523 on: August 25, 2024, 02:07:28 PM »
What a beauty @TidyDinausor!  :o
Thanks, I was thinking that you would probably be the best suited to answer that question (given your weight I assumed that we might be in the same ballpark).
Out of curiosity what handlebar size did you go for? I wouldn't really know what stem length to go for with one size down

I have the 80/380 handlebar and wish I could go shorter... I find most of the frames have a reach that is too long for me. But that does correspondent to my proportions. Slightly longer legs, so slightly shorter torso...
You can compared the frame sizes on one of those geometry sites and adjust stem size there

fulcom

« Reply #524 on: August 28, 2024, 06:24:46 AM »
I have the 80/380 handlebar and wish I could go shorter... I find most of the frames have a reach that is too long for me. But that does correspondent to my proportions. Slightly longer legs, so slightly shorter torso...
You can compared the frame sizes on one of those geometry sites and adjust stem size there

Going with the XS but now I'm trying to find the right stem length (and as it's my first real road bike - I have a gravel one - I have nothing to compare it to so I can't use the likes of geometry geeks). I sent Hygge a message and they suggested 110 but I think I will go for the 100mm one