Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 77062 times)

RoadieMKD

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #555 on: September 16, 2024, 12:17:26 AM »
Nice! So if I understand correctly - each cable goes through a hole in C ring?
The cables will go through the section that you have circled in the picture and that part will be facing forward. The other holes are to make the ring lighter and more flexible so it can deform easily and grip the steerer better. I would go around the whole ring with some fine sandpaper as I can see a lot of burrs around all of the edges.

lkbfreak

« Reply #556 on: September 16, 2024, 12:38:30 AM »
The cables will go through the section that you have circled in the picture and that part will be facing forward. The other holes are to make the ring lighter and more flexible so it can deform easily and grip the steerer better. I would go around the whole ring with some fine sandpaper as I can see a lot of burrs around all of the edges.

Thanks mate! I get it now. It will be my first fully internally routed road bike so I'm not familiar with some technical details. Thanks to the forums like this one and people like you it is always easier. My frame is on the way and should arrive in a few days hopefully - so excited!

RoadieMKD

« Reply #557 on: September 16, 2024, 12:49:31 AM »
Thanks mate! I get it now. It will be my first fully internally routed road bike so I'm not familiar with some technical details. Thanks to the forums like this one and people like you it is always easier. My frame is on the way and should arrive in a few days hopefully - so excited!
Since you will have the new EPS molded frame, can you please make sure to take pictures of the internals of the frame and share them with us? Thanks a lot!!!

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #558 on: September 16, 2024, 03:20:45 AM »
Since you will have the new EPS molded frame, can you please make sure to take pictures of the internals of the frame and share them with us? Thanks a lot!!!

Yes, and weigh the frame and fork please :)

RoadieMKD

« Reply #559 on: September 16, 2024, 03:45:17 AM »
Yes, and weigh the frame and fork please :)
Good point, weights too as probably that will make more difference with EPS molding. For reference, mine were frame size S with all hardware mounted (both hangers and thru axle) 1060g, fork with thru axle attached 386g uncut, seatpost with saddle clamp 200g uncut.

lkbfreak

« Reply #560 on: September 16, 2024, 05:53:50 AM »

Will do and report back certainly!

Rioken

« Reply #561 on: September 17, 2024, 02:45:20 PM »

I forgot to take pictures of the headtube before mocking the frame up on some old wheels, but here's a pic of the bottom bracket.

« Reply #562 on: September 19, 2024, 04:26:49 AM »
Disc wheels at 360€

paxoxll

« Reply #563 on: Today at 10:01:45 PM »
Help! Just got the EPS frame. Two questions
1) Anyone use a washer for fixing bolt C and C2 that attached rear disc brake to frame? Frame width is ~20mm and the shimano bolts that came with groupset are for 25mm frame.

2) Looks like the threading on the fork for the front disc brake is either threaded or not not machined well. Any solutions? would you use tapping oil?