Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 81726 times)

lkbfreak

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #570 on: September 23, 2024, 06:43:23 AM »
Does anybody know which direct mount RD hanger is compatible with the frame? I have the urge to change to direct mount for no particular reason.
I think direct mount hangers are brand specific so you should first find a conventional hanger design that's similar to Hygge one. Maybe try with the Bianchi ones because this frame is pure (geomtery wise) copy of Bianchi Oltre Race

bremerradkurier

« Reply #571 on: September 23, 2024, 08:20:39 AM »
I think direct mount hangers are brand specific so you should first find a conventional hanger design that's similar to Hygge one. Maybe try with the Bianchi ones because this frame is pure (geomtery wise) copy of Bianchi Oltre Race

The Wheels Manufacturing website shows their hanger pictures in actual size-you can hold yours up to the screen to compare.

Fleckinger

« Reply #572 on: September 23, 2024, 09:54:01 AM »
Does anybody know which direct mount RD hanger is compatible with the frame? I have the urge to change to direct mount for no particular reason.

I know that Hygge uses a hanger identical to Colnago 2021-2022: C64 Concept V3R V3RS.

RoadieMKD

« Reply #573 on: September 24, 2024, 12:46:49 AM »
I know that Hygge uses a hanger identical to Colnago 2021-2022: C64 Concept V3R V3RS.

I did find one from the MIXED brand on Ali and indeed it does look identical. Thank you for the suggestion. Will make the order soon.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #574 on: September 24, 2024, 08:37:20 AM »
I did find one from the MIXED brand on Ali and indeed it does look identical. Thank you for the suggestion. Will make the order soon.

Keep us updated please :)

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #575 on: September 25, 2024, 03:53:15 AM »

I ordered one :)

RoadieMKD

« Reply #576 on: September 25, 2024, 05:22:18 AM »
I ordered one :)

Me too! Race you to whoever gets it first and finds out if we made the right decision? :D

BTW I got the headset compression ring from Hygge, it is well made but it is the same thickness as the stock ring supplied in earlier iterations of the frame. This has me concerned if it will solve the rubbing of headset cover issue. As it compresses very easy with slight finger pressure, I am sure it will solve the play, not so much about the rubbing. But I am in no rush to test this.

lkbfreak

« Reply #577 on: September 26, 2024, 01:04:35 AM »
Me too! Race you to whoever gets it first and finds out if we made the right decision? :D

BTW I got the headset compression ring from Hygge, it is well made but it is the same thickness as the stock ring supplied in earlier iterations of the frame. This has me concerned if it will solve the rubbing of headset cover issue. As it compresses very easy with slight finger pressure, I am sure it will solve the play, not so much about the rubbing. But I am in no rush to test this.

Can you share an Ali link if it's not against the forum rules? Thanks! ;)

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #579 on: September 27, 2024, 07:11:18 AM »
New wheels :)
Goldix R240SL hubs and 54x31mm rims
1380gr

« Last Edit: September 27, 2024, 07:30:55 AM by TidyDinosaur »

lkbfreak

« Reply #580 on: September 30, 2024, 12:41:18 AM »
New wheels :)
Goldix R240SL hubs and 54x31mm rims
1380gr

Beautiful bike! The more I look at it the more it looks like Colnago V4RS!  ;D

Rioken

« Reply #581 on: September 30, 2024, 05:54:04 PM »
I finished building up my Model S over the weekend. I've only been able to do laps around my neighborhood so far but it feels really good. I will hopefully be able to do a real ride in the next day or two.

Rechabeam

« Reply #582 on: October 01, 2024, 02:35:22 AM »
Hey all,

New to the forum, quick question.
I also bought the 2024 EPS Hygge model S, I'm currently in the process of building it (first time, having great fun with the internal cable routing  ;)).
Everything is going well more or less, but now I noticed that if I turn left sharply it pulls on my front derailleur cable, causing it to almost shift.

1. Is this always going to happen to some degree? I was thinking I could maybe ignore this because I'll never be turning that sharp in real life either way.
2. Now I have cable housing going from my shifters until a few mm below my front derailleur, should I stop the cable housing before exiting the frame, or does this not matter?

Thanks in advance!

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #583 on: October 01, 2024, 02:40:34 AM »
Hey all,

New to the forum, quick question.
I also bought the 2024 EPS Hygge model S, I'm currently in the process of building it (first time, having great fun with the internal cable routing  ;)).
Everything is going well more or less, but now I noticed that if I turn left sharply it pulls on my front derailleur cable, causing it to almost shift.

1. Is this always going to happen to some degree? I was thinking I could maybe ignore this because I'll never be turning that sharp in real life either way.
2. Now I have cable housing going from my shifters until a few mm below my front derailleur, should I stop the cable housing before exiting the frame, or does this not matter?

Thanks in advance!

I think you might have cut your cable too short... My outer housing also goes up to the derailleur. But I can move my handlebars freely all the way from left to right.

Rechabeam

« Reply #584 on: October 01, 2024, 02:53:08 AM »
When I replace the cable with a longer one, will me shifting the front derailleur not just add or remove slack to the cable?
In other words, when I use a longer cable, will I still be able to generate enough pull on the cable to shift the derailleur? Or am I seeing this wrong?