Author Topic: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)  (Read 28353 times)

RDY

Re: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)
« Reply #255 on: May 17, 2024, 06:38:40 AM »
I assume this will be a revision to the hoods too.  It talks about 3 programmable buttons ... it's surely not on the derraileur(s).

I thought as soon as we saw the Magene hoods (d-fly style buttons) WheelTop would immediately revise.  I'd expect LTWOO to do it before too long too.

toxin

« Reply #256 on: May 17, 2024, 07:18:38 AM »
I doubt that, the 3 programmable buttons are probably just the paddles

kbernstein

« Reply #257 on: May 17, 2024, 07:58:02 AM »
To me 3 buttons means the same as the TX groupset. 2 on the right shifter 1 on the left shifter. I don't know why a gravel groupset would ever have more especially if it's 1x

Linsook

« Reply #258 on: May 17, 2024, 08:03:53 AM »
Hmmm

TidyDinosaur

toxin

« Reply #260 on: May 17, 2024, 08:14:06 AM »
What an awful ospw

kbernstein

« Reply #261 on: May 17, 2024, 08:56:44 AM »
There's a lot to cover. Why are they advertising "1x13", what does this imply? Are they making a "full" groupset with cassette discs and cranks? Are they locking us into 13 speed now?
The crankset looks like the senicx PR4 but it's not, the back of the cranks is different. Calipers are not the zrace ones and I don't recognize the rotors. The pic is blurry but it looks like the levers are exactly the same

Tijoe

« Reply #262 on: May 17, 2024, 09:52:48 AM »
I've been using the TX on my gravel bike for about 500 miles.   The biggest problem I am encountering is with the right hand shifter paddles/buttons.   Proportionately the paddles are too small to shift easily on rough climbs and descents.  When you are trying to shift on rough gravel, it is often difficult to locate your fingers and push/click on the buttons without having your fingers hit both paddles at the same time, or the wrong one.   On a really rough forest road I descended yesterday, too many times, I was not able to push the narrower up-shift paddle, and my fingers would downshift instead.   

If their new gravel group uses the same brake lever/paddles, then to me, there is not much improvement by only updating the rear derailleur and calling it a Gravel Group.  To date, my TX group works fine on my gravel bike.   

Tijoe

« Reply #263 on: May 17, 2024, 10:00:24 AM »
There's a lot to cover. Why are they advertising "1x13", what does this imply? Are they making a "full" groupset with cassette discs and cranks? Are they locking us into 13 speed now?
The crankset looks like the senicx PR4 but it's not, the back of the cranks is different. Calipers are not the zrace ones and I don't recognize the rotors. The pic is blurry but it looks like the levers are exactly the same
I presume they are advertising "1X13" because it is one more gear than Scumano and SRAM sell on their main product lines.   If my memories are current, Campy is the only one selling 13 cog cassettes.   If you look at the majority of the "Twitter's" complete bicycles sold on Aliexpress, the majority of them are listed with Wheeltop EDS in either 1X13 2X13.    I am sure the product is still configurable for 7 to 13 speeds.  If they are putting a complete kit together to sell to OEM builders, then you might as well go with 13 speeds.

toxin

« Reply #264 on: May 17, 2024, 01:15:25 PM »
The cranks are their own and they do make an mtb cassete. They also sell some stuff to decathlon

toxin

« Reply #265 on: May 17, 2024, 01:36:40 PM »
The 4 piston calipers are their mtb brakes, these are new road/gravel ones