Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 44112 times)

dinorello

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #285 on: April 07, 2024, 10:44:54 PM »
A couple of hiccups but Wendy from LC was able to remedy the issues.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 10:59:46 PM by dinorello »

FMayweather

« Reply #286 on: April 08, 2024, 01:14:58 AM »
Great looking Bike!

How do you like it thus far? I see, that you got the C67DB (?) wheelset. The pattern looks very subtle, I like it. The hicups were nothing major I suppose?

Best regards

PLA

« Reply #287 on: April 08, 2024, 01:30:37 AM »
A couple of hiccups but Wendy from LC was able to remedy the issues.

Looks awesome man, love that purple.

dinorello

« Reply #288 on: April 08, 2024, 07:26:54 AM »
Great looking Bike!

How do you like it thus far? I see, that you got the C67DB (?) wheelset. The pattern looks very subtle, I like it. The hicups were nothing major I suppose?

Best regards

The major issue is that they primed the whole frame in a white base coat that should've only been applied below the purple.  So any chips or scratches are immediately more visible now plus the fact there's no clear coat doesn't help.  It couldve been closer to perfect if they hadnt fkd up the paint and cheaped out on not clear coating it.

Serge_K

« Reply #289 on: April 08, 2024, 08:03:03 AM »
Nice build, thanks for posting!
Other than the paint, anything to report on? Holes that aren't round, tolerances that are off, brake mount surfaces that aren't flat, inside of the frame that looks crap, any of that at all?
Very helpful video btw. How boxy is that downtube in real life? depending on the video, it can look like the least aero shape one could come up with, but other times, it's not even noticeable.

dinorello

« Reply #290 on: April 08, 2024, 08:23:39 AM »
Other than the paint, anything to report on? Holes that aren't round, tolerances that are off, brake mount surfaces that aren't flat, inside of the frame that looks crap, any of that at all?
Very helpful video btw. How boxy is that downtube in real life? depending on the video, it can look like the least aero shape one could come up with, but other times, it's not even noticeable.

The front and rear caliper mounts could've been faced to help with alignment.  The rear cutout for the derailleur hanger was a bit wonky and needed a little persuading to help it align to prevent it from binding up the axle when the set screw was tightened.  I choose black to specifically camouflage the overly boxy down tube.  Other than that the bikes been a dream to ride the first 400 miles thus far.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 08:37:03 AM by dinorello »

rasch

« Reply #291 on: April 08, 2024, 09:08:14 AM »
It's great to see that support was nice at least :)

I'm about to pull the trigger on one of those too though geometry seems a tad too aggressive. Now just wondering if I should pair it with 45mm or 50mm wheels ahahah

PLA

« Reply #292 on: April 08, 2024, 09:17:48 AM »

Not this frame, but for a yishun build I recently did:

The the front caliper mounts were ever so slightly off. Doesn't help that I'm yet to get a set of shimano rotors that aren't warped out of the box.
The rear caliper mounts didn't look super clean but were actually perfectly aligned.
The bb was slightly undersized 0.02mm, which doesn't sound like a big deal until I realised it takes about 30min to remove 0.01mm, so yeah multiply that by 4 and it's a pita. Might not have mattered if I didn't used a shitter bb that didn't require such a precise fit.
BB mating surface was faced under the paint, which is fine under their matte black finish, but I reckon would present gaps if it had paint and clear coat over the top.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

PLA

« Reply #293 on: April 08, 2024, 09:18:59 AM »

I'm about to pull the trigger on one of those too though geometry seems a tad too aggressive. Now just wondering if I should pair it with 45mm or 50mm wheels ahahah

If it's too aggressive, you can look into a yishun r068d, which is what I ended up doing for a build. It's a good frame.

dinorello

« Reply #294 on: April 08, 2024, 09:22:48 AM »

I couldn't decide either so I got a 55 in the rear and a 45 in the front!

rasch

« Reply #295 on: April 08, 2024, 10:04:37 AM »
If it's too aggressive, you can look into a yishun r068d, which is what I ended up doing for a build. It's a good frame.

Thanks! I think one more spacer and it's OK!
As for Yishun I have contacted several factories and sellers to "feel" them. Yishun was polite correct, but the fact they didn't want to paint a frame and another minor aspect were enough for me to put them aside at this stage.

I couldn't decide either so I got a 55 in the rear and a 45 in the front!

ahaha
I honestly think there is no difference both in weight and in aero gains (and I really don't care much about this as I don't race). Just more worried if there is actually any look diference or not :D

dinorello

« Reply #296 on: April 08, 2024, 10:24:44 AM »

ahaha
I honestly think there is no difference both in weight and in aero gains (and I really don't care much about this as I don't race). Just more worried if there is actually any look diference or not :D
If I could do it again I would have gotten both 55s , front and rear

PLA

« Reply #297 on: April 08, 2024, 10:37:04 AM »
If I could do it again I would have gotten both 55s , front and rear

Howcome?

dinorello

« Reply #298 on: April 08, 2024, 11:10:15 AM »

PLA