Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 82602 times)

rasch

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #510 on: June 01, 2024, 04:55:27 AM »
Hope that helps.

Viewed from side:
Downtube: 50mm bottom, 45mm top, width 60-40mm (from downside)
Toptube: 20mm bottom,  top 30mm, width 30-50mm (from top side)
Seattube: 45 bottom, 45 top (only the upper area)

Thanks a million

dinorello

« Reply #511 on: June 01, 2024, 07:07:36 AM »
When I initially inquired LC about this frame, their response started with the following:

"LCR017-D is our latest bike frame and our frame designers also take the advantages of Cannondale SuperSix EVO."

If you're advertising your flagship road frame in this manner, how the heck did their engineers forget to include a proper Di2 port? Especially when my Yishun frame from their sister company included one. That is quite the oversight.

Isn't the Yushan frame a different mold? 

Stoemper

« Reply #512 on: June 01, 2024, 12:44:04 PM »
Received my frame and wheels today :) paint job looks stunning but as others mentioned I doubt it’s even clear coated at all and I’m seriously concidering applying one before I build up the bike. And the frame had a random additional painted stripe I had not requested, but it looks nice so probably some finishing touch of the painter  ;D

dinorello

« Reply #513 on: June 01, 2024, 03:19:46 PM »
Received my frame and wheels today :) paint job looks stunning but as others mentioned I doubt it’s even clear coated at all and I’m seriously concidering applying one before I build up the bike. And the frame had a random additional painted stripe I had not requested, but it looks nice so probably some finishing touch of the painter  ;D

That's odd that you got an extra stripe but I doubt it was something that the painter just added.

Scrob

« Reply #514 on: June 02, 2024, 09:08:22 AM »
Finally, I received the pictures from Carol at LC. The paint job looks amazing, and I was promised that they will ship the frame tomorrow. The entire process experienced significant delays compared to the promised lead times, but I hope the wait will be worth it. I will post the final mounted pictures with custom decals (which are yet to be designed).

This looks very nice!
Which color did you use for the 'red' parts of the frame?

PaxiH

« Reply #515 on: June 03, 2024, 02:57:22 AM »
This looks very nice!
Which color did you use for the 'red' parts of the frame?

Should be the Ferrari Red like on my Frameset.

FMayweather

« Reply #516 on: June 03, 2024, 02:55:37 PM »
My frame also arrived last week and I build it up in around two days. I‘m pretty happy with the outcome. Yesterday I had a short shakedown ride and have to adjust the FD and front break. Just some random things I noticed:

• The frame looks shiny, so I‘m inclined to think it has some form of clear coat on it. But I‘m no expert, so I could be wrong.
  • I purchased a ZTTO T47 68mm DUB BB, which came with two spacers (2mm labeled „road“ and 4,5mm labeled „MTB“). I was only able to install the Rival crank with the „MTB“ spacer on the drive side. There is no notable play in the cranks and they spin ok. Although I‘m not sure, whether this is installed according to spec. Anyone else installed a dub crank on this frame and remembers which spacers he used?
  • The brake hoses were fairly easy to route through the integrated cockpit. However, the internal foam housing damping went up the downtube and created a creaking, when turning the bars so I had to remove the cranks and pull down the foam tube. Now I just get the slightest cable noice when turning the bars.
  • For the installation of the rear Rival brake callipers you need 32mm Flat Mount bolts. 27mm are too short and 37mm are too long. I installed 37mm and used 5mm washers as a temporary solution.
  • In both the Rival callipers the pistons had to be mobilized as one piston was stuck. Then the breaks could be mounted properly, the surfaces on frame and fork seemed phased.
  • There are no grommets included to close the holes in the frame when using wireless shifting.
  • The FD was rubbing in the big ring for a lot of the gears, I ll have to look into it and make sure, this is just an adjustment issue and not connected to the installation of the BB.
  • There is a tiny imperfection in the paint job of which I was informed by LC before shipping and I was asked whether I‘m ok with it or whether I wanted it fixed (further delaying the process). I was ok and received a free bottle cage and mech hanger. Couldnt find any other imperfections so I‘m well happy on how they played this.
  • The hubs are super quiet. Pedestrians wont hear you coming on these ;)
  • Shipment was delayed a couple of times.

I will report back, when I have a few more miles in.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2024, 03:58:54 PM by FMayweather »

dinorello

« Reply #517 on: June 03, 2024, 03:20:26 PM »
Nice colors and paint scheme!

mux

« Reply #518 on: June 03, 2024, 04:03:29 PM »

As already mentioned by other people the carbon in some areas (downtube, toptube) Is very thin. You can easily flex it with your thumb. I don't know if that is normal for that kind of frames. I just want to say it.

Isn't that super scary? Not sure if I would feel safe 40mph downhill on  a frame I can flex with my fingers  ;D   

dinorello

« Reply #519 on: June 03, 2024, 04:32:37 PM »
Isn't that super scary? Not sure if I would feel safe 40mph downhill on  a frame I can flex with my fingers  ;D

Other light weight frames from western brands also have flex on individual tubes .  It's a box so its strength is derived from the entire structure not just from one individual plane from one side of one tube.

chughes

« Reply #520 on: June 03, 2024, 04:37:31 PM »
@ PaxiH Heard similar said about bikes like (high modulus carbon) the Sworks Tarmac SL7, SL8. Seka Exceed RDC, Cannondale LAB71 SuperSix Evo. Racall in a cam nicholls examination of the seka Exceed RDC it was pointed out that one needs to be more careful with these frames because, vs a low modulous carbin bike, they won't fare as well in a crash
« Last Edit: June 03, 2024, 04:56:08 PM by chughes »

PLA

« Reply #521 on: June 03, 2024, 07:56:30 PM »
Isn't the Yushan frame a different mold?

I think they mean "LCR017-D is our latest bike frame and our frame designers also copied the bottom part of the supersixevo seat tube."

PaxiH

« Reply #522 on: June 04, 2024, 12:11:50 AM »

It's not like you can flex it much but it is possible.
On the first kilometers I was riding a little bit careful because of that. Even if I've read that it is normal for many lightweight frames.
As the bike feels rock solid while riding it I now have no worries to ride at higher speeds.

FMayweather

« Reply #523 on: June 04, 2024, 03:25:47 PM »
Nice colors and paint scheme!

Thanks! I also really liked how it turned out. I just send some pictures of the paint scheme and the decals and explained where I wanted them to be placed. Afterwards I received a sketch up of the design to confirm it. Quite easy, even without any design skills.

rasch

« Reply #524 on: June 04, 2024, 03:37:49 PM »
  • There is a tiny imperfection in the paint job of which I was informed by LC before shipping and I was asked whether I‘m ok with it or whether I wanted it fixed (further delaying the process). I was ok and received a free bottle cage and mech hanger. Couldnt find any other imperfections so I‘m well happy on how they played this.

I wish I had that opportunity ahaha I went super basic with the colours and now I'd have done sth wilder... Can't change the colour now according to Wendy