Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 72558 times)

Stoemper

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #540 on: June 14, 2024, 10:35:25 AM »
Email lite carbon directly and ask them for additional spacers .The rubber parts are for the battery on the di2 system that fits in the seat post

Thanks makes, sense first time setting up di2. Seems of the two only the triangular part fits is that normal?

Ar26

« Reply #541 on: June 14, 2024, 02:05:48 PM »
Thanks makes, sense first time setting up di2. Seems of the two only the triangular part fits is that normal?
With a colson on battery , it's more practical

dinorello

« Reply #542 on: June 14, 2024, 03:30:15 PM »
Yeah I didn't wind up using it because it didn't fit.. seems odd that they would include it when it wasn't really designed for that particular seat post on the lc17

dinorello

« Reply #543 on: June 14, 2024, 03:36:50 PM »
With a colson on battery , it's more practical

Would a colson battery be a few AA batteries in a case like the Chinese group sets have?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 06:17:45 PM by dinorello »

Stoemper

« Reply #544 on: June 15, 2024, 02:29:34 AM »
Crap I was going along building up the bike bit by bit. Routed all the cables and then wanted to mount the bottom bracket… and the drive side is not good, the bottom bracket simply doesn’t catch the thread and go in. I emailed Wendy for a solution but I fear it needs to be replaced or atleast rethreaded
« Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 02:31:56 AM by Stoemper »

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #545 on: June 15, 2024, 05:47:10 AM »
Crap I was going along building up the bike bit by bit. Routed all the cables and then wanted to mount the bottom bracket… and the drive side is not good, the bottom bracket simply doesn’t catch the thread and go in. I emailed Wendy for a solution but I fear it needs to be replaced or atleast rethreaded

Could it be put in backwards? Have you tried turning it the other way?

Ar26

« Reply #546 on: June 15, 2024, 06:29:00 AM »
For my part, I installed a Kactus bottom bracket. The letter R was on the left and L on the right (LOL). Obviously, I knew how to correct it. I sent an email to Kactus to report the problem and they admitted that there was a printing problem on certain batches

Stoemper

« Reply #547 on: June 15, 2024, 06:31:58 AM »
Just dropped it off at the bicycle shop, they also couldn’t make it fit and the thread seems to be the problem. I get a final answer on tuesdsy if they can fix it. 

dinorello

« Reply #548 on: June 15, 2024, 07:29:21 AM »
Could it be put in backwards? Have you tried turning it the other way?
The drive side bottom bracket on most bikes uses a left-hand thread, which means it tightens counterclockwise and loosens clockwise. This is called "English" threading, which is the common standard for bottom bracket shells. The non-drive side (left side) of the bottom bracket uses a right-hand thread, which tightens clockwise and removes counterclockwise.

Stoemper

« Reply #549 on: June 16, 2024, 01:24:01 AM »
The drive side bottom bracket on most bikes uses a left-hand thread, which means it tightens counterclockwise and loosens clockwise. This is called "English" threading, which is the common standard for bottom bracket shells. The non-drive side (left side) of the bottom bracket uses a right-hand thread, which tightens clockwise and removes counterclockwise.

I know and this is clearly marked on the bottom bracket I got. It doesn’t even go in a bit it doesn’t grip the thread it’s as if it’s the wrong size. The non drive side goes in smoothly btw. Haven’t heard back from Wendy (about this and some paint issues I discovered while working with the bike) normally she was very quick with her response let’s hope that’s not a bad omen.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2024, 01:26:58 AM by Stoemper »

dinorello

« Reply #550 on: June 16, 2024, 04:29:52 AM »
That sucks... you'd hope they'd at least check the bottom bracket threads prior to shipping out the frame.   

I understand now why most Western brands who manufacturer in China paint their frames in house ..

Serge_K

« Reply #551 on: June 16, 2024, 11:06:59 AM »
I know and this is clearly marked on the bottom bracket I got. It doesn’t even go in a bit it doesn’t grip the thread it’s as if it’s the wrong size. The non drive side goes in smoothly btw. Haven’t heard back from Wendy (about this and some paint issues I discovered while working with the bike) normally she was very quick with her response let’s hope that’s not a bad omen.

Please post pictures. i want to believe it's user error, because otherwise it's the worst QC control in recent history, and Lightcarbon is very well regarded. And they know we discuss their stuff on here.
you may want to message madpec on YT, as he's a bit of a guru at facing & machining bottom brackets, especially T47 now that he has the (insanely expensive) tool.

Stoemper

« Reply #552 on: June 16, 2024, 02:32:29 PM »
I dropped it off at the bicycle shop yesterday. The head mechanic was off and they open on again on Tuesday so I left it there. I’ll get back when I get their assessment.

PLA

« Reply #553 on: June 16, 2024, 07:46:09 PM »
Please post pictures. i want to believe it's user error, because otherwise it's the worst QC control in recent history, and Lightcarbon is very well regarded. And they know we discuss their stuff on here.
you may want to message madpec on YT, as he's a bit of a guru at facing & machining bottom brackets, especially T47 now that he has the (insanely expensive) tool.

You mean how he faced the SL8 and voided the warranty of the frame? I trust that idiot as far as I can throw him.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

dinorello

« Reply #554 on: June 16, 2024, 08:38:04 PM »
You mean how he faced the SL8 and voided the warranty of the frame? I trust that idiot as far as I can throw him.

Seems like you're going a bit too hard on mapdec when all he's doing is cleaning the excess paint off the BB shell.   Yes he does get a bit granular on shit sometimes but he's not an idiot and his channel offers good content overall