Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 69686 times)

dinorello

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #450 on: May 17, 2024, 06:58:43 PM »
I know this is an old topic in this thread but personally I think a cool take on bike decals is to modify an existing manufacturer's decal into something funny. For example, "cannondale" can become "nondale" if you cut off the first 3 letters from the vinyl. I've taken a "mongoose" decal set and labeled my bike "goose" (complete with a goose head sticker on my headtube  ;D). I've seek "TREK" turned into "REKT". I've seen "Specialized" turned into "Special" as well as "Special ed" (a risky choice for sure). You could take "DOGMA" stickers and turn them into "DOG". The possibilities are endless, and that's just with standard factory stickers, not even getting into custom stickers.

Anyways. I think it's a fun idea, a way to put some graphic design on the bike that makes it look like a "real" bike while poking fun at the "unbranded" nature of these bikes. Just a thought for anyone here who wants some kind of decals but don't want to appear cringe.

Yeah but nah...prefer a nice color and design over any brand or spoffy goof brand

Stoemper

« Reply #451 on: May 18, 2024, 12:43:55 AM »
Yeah agree, the main reason I build up my own bike is because I get to design my own bike and not cycle around with some giant brand billboard ruining the aesthetics.

c74

« Reply #452 on: May 19, 2024, 05:32:52 AM »
I'd love to see Hambini reaming it  ;D

Hambini did a review of a Lightcarbon gravel frame, up on YT. I'm to stupid to get a URL working in this forum, so you have to find it yourself.
Well worth a look get a feel for LightCarbons QC/QA and engineering principles.

PaxiH

« Reply #453 on: May 19, 2024, 01:58:14 PM »
Hambini did a review of a Lightcarbon gravel frame, up on YT. I'm to stupid to get a URL working in this forum, so you have to find it yourself.
Well worth a look get a feel for LightCarbons QC/QA and engineering principles.

Yes, I've already seen it. Even before buying  :)
Maybe someone can send him the LCR017 Frame  ;D

PaxiH

« Reply #454 on: May 20, 2024, 03:15:32 AM »
Tracking, naah, not until the last 36hrs of the delivery. Tracking page said parcel was registered but not yet recieved, then the last stages in Europe it was all good. The parcel took 20 days to get to Stockholm / me after registration with the carrier (DHL).

I know this post is a little bit older.
Can you tell me if 20 days was the complete delivery time from China or only after arriving in Europe?

Serge_K

« Reply #455 on: May 20, 2024, 08:12:38 AM »
I know this post is a little bit older.
Can you tell me if 20 days was the complete delivery time from China or only after arriving in Europe?

typically 20 days is total transit time, once it's in europe you have it within 1 week, for experience. it is true that tracking data sometimes goes dark for no apparent reason between china and europe. presumably because of VAT shenanigans with DDP schemes. Once it resurfaces, you get it pretty fast.

PaxiH

« Reply #456 on: May 22, 2024, 12:19:31 PM »
I just received my Frameset today. So far it looks good.

But I think there is one big problem. The front derailleur mount seems to small, so that the bolt from the front derailleur do not touch anything. I also can't glue the Shimano metal sticker.

Anyone have an idea what I should do now?
Did I do something wrong or is that a problem from the hanger?

rasch

« Reply #457 on: May 22, 2024, 01:09:52 PM »
I just received my Frameset today. So far it looks good.

But I think there is one big problem. The front derailleur mount seems to small, so that the bolt from the front derailleur do not touch anything. I also can't glue the Shimano metal sticker.

Anyone have an idea what I should do now?
Did I do something wrong or is that a problem from the hanger?

But isn't that the 'tension' screw? That is not the one attaching the derailleur to the frame if I'm not mistaken

PaxiH

« Reply #458 on: May 22, 2024, 01:24:03 PM »
But isn't that the 'tension' screw? That is not the one attaching the derailleur to the frame if I'm not mistaken

It is the support screw that should sit against the frame or hanger. But in case of the delivered hanger it's not touching anything. So I guess I ether got the wrong hanger or LC is wrong by saying this Frame will work with mechanical shifting.

I think I got a problem. If nobody has a solution I will contact Wendy tomorrow.

rasch

« Reply #459 on: May 22, 2024, 01:40:08 PM »

PaxiH

« Reply #460 on: May 22, 2024, 02:39:05 PM »
Did you check this? https://youtu.be/-3_EU4cccW4?si=kVnZBu-cqcQ25UdS

Yes, I know this video witch is very good.
But according to the video, the support- or stabilizing screw has to touch the frame or hanger to make Indexing possible.

I wrote an mail to Wendy from LC and hope she has a solution.

rasch

« Reply #461 on: May 22, 2024, 03:41:24 PM »
OK! I see what you mean now. The seat post is quite thin and the derailleur hanger is "short" so you have nothing to push the screw against.

Hmm interesting. Though it's not mandatory AFAIK, it brings additional strength and adjustment. I am also planing on using an 105 mechanical groupset on it.

Is the hanger fix by rivets or screws?

In any case let us know what she replied :)

And nice specialized like colours :)

Ar26

« Reply #462 on: May 22, 2024, 03:43:44 PM »
The di2 Ultegra touchs the frame plate for me

SeniorBob4321

« Reply #463 on: May 22, 2024, 03:50:56 PM »
After reading the 32 pages of this topic and I am really considering buying this frame ! How much was for the frame, no custom paint and shipping to EU ? No price on their website, why ?

PaxiH

« Reply #464 on: May 22, 2024, 04:09:38 PM »
OK! I see what you mean now. The seat post is quite thin and the derailleur hanger is "short" so you have nothing to push the screw against.

The hanger is fixed by 4 screws. So if they could provide a different hanger it could work.

I'll definitely give updates when I know something new.
So far I can't go on with the build. That sucks.
If I have to go with electronic shifting, the build will be mich more expensive than planned. And I also really like mechanical shifting.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 04:11:21 PM by PaxiH »