Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 107101 times)

tiagosantos_ss

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #705 on: Today at 04:50:58 AM »
Hi all,

new here but read through the topic, I'm planning on building bike on this frame after hambini's review but after Tiago's adventures i'm being cautious. I'm in touch with Wendy from LC and discussing the details. I hope your case @tiagosantos_ss would be resolved positively. I intend on asking about your case in my email thread specifically.

I also have a q for people that already built a bike on this frame. Does it take Shimano cable operated FD or not? There is no clear answer from this thread. I'm waiting on Wendys response on that.

They replied "we checked with our warranty department and engineers... and the imperfections won't affect the frame function or strength"
They also say if something goes wrong with the frame, they will replace it, meaning if it breaks in that region and I fall, they will ship a new one (even if I am not able to ride any bike after falling or even walk)

tiagosantos_ss

« Reply #706 on: Today at 04:57:01 AM »
Hello everyone,

After reading this thread, I am considering purchasing this frame soon.

I have two questions for those who have already purchased this frame because despite several searches on measurement sites (https://www.bikegeocalc.com and https://www.bikegeo.net) I hesitate between 2 frame sizes (52 and 54).
I am 177 cm tall and my inseam is 79 cm.
I am currently riding a Look 695 in size S (51)
I like to have a fairly large saddle outlet because I find it prettier.
Can you guide me according to your experiences?

My second question is about the choice of colors for the Chameleon series.
Did any of you order the frame with the Chameleon 08HS or Chameleon 13HS colors?
If so, can you show us the final rendering?

Thank you for your answers.

I had a similar doubt, but the 52 can come with the same voids as mine, so the 54 might come good (50/50) in terms of quality. Size chart-wise, maybe go smaller if the head tube size is ok for you

neobiker

« Reply #707 on: Today at 06:43:33 AM »
After reading every post in this thread and falling in love with some of your bikes, I decided to order this frame two weeks ago. But now you're making me doubt—will I receive a bad frame just because I ordered it before the Hambini video and didn't specify the code?  ???

What would make you think that? People overreact on this topic. Hambini just tried to explain bis understanding.

mheusler

« Reply #708 on: Today at 06:47:38 AM »
After reading every post in this thread and falling in love with some of your bikes, I decided to order this frame two weeks ago. But now you're making me doubt—will I receive a bad frame just because I ordered it before the Hambini video and didn't specify the code?  ???

In my communication with Lightcarbon i addressed this topic. Their reply was:

"No problem, we can get you the frame with Quality standard Z3 (actually this model are all produced in Quality standard Z3, what Hambini got is just a regular one from our mass production)."

Looks like there was no special treatment for Hambini, which however doesn't mean that issues with QC can't still happen ...

Ar26

« Reply #709 on: Today at 07:15:05 AM »
it's actually a versatile bike. I'm 178cm for 68kg and I bought the 54. I also have the Vanyar from Elves and the head tube is at 121mm so low I wouldn't say it's a hard bike. Pinch the cross tube under your fingers and you will feel the flexibility of the carbon. I ride a 28 in the front and 30 in the rear at 5 Bar. I was in doubt about the seat post 0 or 20 and I bought both because it also depends on your morphology, saddle length (245cm, 275cm)

dinorello

« Reply #710 on: Today at 07:54:39 AM »
In my communication with Lightcarbon i addressed this topic. Their reply was:

"No problem, we can get you the frame with Quality standard Z3 (actually this model are all produced in Quality standard Z3, what Hambini got is just a regular one from our mass production)."

Looks like there was no special treatment for Hambini, which however doesn't mean that issues with QC can't still happen ...

Lightcarbons is being less than truthful...the fact is that QC  costs time and money but clear coat and facing of bottom brackets/ brake mount points shouldn't be optional dependent on price. 

mheusler

« Reply #711 on: Today at 08:19:30 AM »
Lightcarbons is being less than truthful...the fact is that QC  costs time and money but clear coat and facing of bottom brackets/ brake mount points shouldn't be optional dependent on price.

Not sure what you're on about. Where does it say that something regarding QC is "optional dependent on price"? Lightcarbon specifically states that they produce their frames to the Z3 standard.

I get the feeling you're on some personal crusade, that doesn't help anyone in this discussion. I'm all for constructive criticism, but your baseless accusations(as in, you provide no proof for your statements) are less than helpful and quite the distraction.

Da11as

« Reply #712 on: Today at 08:34:05 AM »
Not sure what you're on about. Where does it say that something regarding QC is "optional dependent on price"? Lightcarbon specifically states that they produce their frames to the Z3 standard.

I get the feeling you're on some personal crusade, that doesn't help anyone in this discussion. I'm all for constructive criticism, but your baseless accusations(as in, you provide no proof for your statements) are less than helpful and quite the distraction.
I think the point here is that @tiagosantos_ss received the frame with some truly ugly voids on the inside surface. Considering the statement of LC that all of their frames are of LCR017 of Z3 standard you are still at risk of getting unridable frame. Of course, if every 5th frame is quality checked for some defects, there's still a risk of getting shitty frame.

Let's see how it will be resolved for him.

Serge_K

« Reply #713 on: Today at 08:47:14 AM »

They replied "we checked with our warranty department and engineers... and the imperfections won't affect the frame function or strength"
They also say if something goes wrong with the frame, they will replace it, meaning if it breaks in that region and I fall, they will ship a new one (even if I am not able to ride any bike after falling or even walk)

The combination of both things is scary. the voids shown in the video look scary. It's a super light frame, so it's not like there's a lot of carbon and you can afford big chunks missing. Maybe the video / photos make it look worse than it is, i guess that's plausible.
I havent seen it irl, i but i think i would send it back even if i have to pay for shipping.
I'm surprised of LC's reaction. How about you email hambini and ask for his opinion? I think i'd do that. Not that i would expect him to make a video (he's a youtuber at the end of the day, so he may / may not want to make a video about your frame), but i do expect him to interact with you by email.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

dinorello

« Reply #714 on: Today at 09:18:30 AM »

Listen mate....call it a crusade but when a manufacturer cuts costs by cheating customers and lying about obvious defects that could cause serious injury than you can bet I'm "on" it like a dog on his bone

dinorello

« Reply #715 on: Today at 09:24:09 AM »

You need to dispute the charges with PayPal or your credit card company at this point.   They're playing games with your life now

patliean1

« Reply #716 on: Today at 09:59:35 AM »
Random Story Time:

I've been having my business suits custom made from a factory in China. Customer direct. You select your fabrics/buttons/style, measure yourself at home, and have a ready made suit in like 4 weeks. The price is ridiculously cheap for what you get. And the fit is better than anything you'd get off the rack from a department store.

After 6 years of doing this I realize the communication and process is identical to dealing with these OEM frame companies. They just want your money. The answer is always "Yes." Whenever I have an issue with the fit of my suit and I send them a photo to analyze, they always respond with: "we checked with our department of bespoke tailors and pattern cutters."

I never believe them because it's all just auto-cad and machine work. They want me feel assured as if they're being proactive speaking with their experts. But again they just want me to keep buying. The difference here is an ill-fitting suit won't have me risking my collarbone and front teeth.

dinorello

« Reply #717 on: Today at 10:22:41 AM »
Not so random but it does go to the mindset of Chinese manufacturing and their take on QC and customer satisfaction.