Author Topic: New xc build 100mm  (Read 1300 times)

leonardovit

New xc build 100mm
« on: August 12, 2023, 04:23:04 PM »
Hi there,

First of all sorry for my poor english

So, my main focus months ago was to build a chinese budget xc (more xcm side than xco). I've purchased most of the parts, including a spcycle m-05 frameset that was not accepted by the customs from my country due to poorly invoice description and was sent back to the seller. Honestly at that time I didn't knew what I was looking for in terms of geometry, because my nowaday frame is very old (focus black forest 2015)

Today, in the present situation, with all the parts waiting for a frameset, I don't know exactly what could be a decent frameset.

I am looking to this Ceccotti MF07
https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005005034546523.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2bra#nav-review

Does anyone know this frame to comment about it?

I am open to another sugestions too, but the frameset must be purchased at Aliexpress.

Thank you guys.

Larxxor

Re: New xc build 100mm
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 02:13:18 AM »
I don't know anything about Ceccotti quality, but the geometry does not include head angle, which is a bit strange. The 135mm Ceccotti is 69.5 degrees, oldschool geometry. But your 2015 frame was probably the same. Pressfit bottom bracket is a problem for some, I personally think it is ok. Requires the proper tools. Everything else looks pretty normal to me.

carbonazza

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 01:28:05 PM »
Are you located in Europe?
There are some transporters you can ask the seller that can help for a smooth shipping.
Just ask, they know.

I'm a fan of Carbonda for their quality and service, look for the model FM1306A
But there was just a post recently about an ultralight Spcycle that looks and nice.
Both can be found in the 29er section here

leonardovit

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 06:52:06 PM »
I don't know anything about Ceccotti quality, but the geometry does not include head angle, which is a bit strange. The 135mm Ceccotti is 69.5 degrees, oldschool geometry. But your 2015 frame was probably the same. Pressfit bottom bracket is a problem for some, I personally think it is ok. Requires the proper tools. Everything else looks pretty normal to me.

It's difficult to find info about this brand, only the short time users review on the store page. The Ceccotti geometry chart are a bit of a mess, but HTA is 69º, it is identical to OG-Evkin CF056 frameset in terms of geo. To be honest I don't know how much this is a deal braker, since I don't rode on technical terrains or long descents.

It's been dificult to find the perfect frameset, even more on Aliexpress.

Are you located in Europe?
There are some transporters you can ask the seller that can help for a smooth shipping.
Just ask, they know.

I'm a fan of Carbonda for their quality and service, look for the model FM1306A
But there was just a post recently about an ultralight Spcycle that looks and nice.
Both can be found in the 29er section here

Hi,

After reading the FM1306 topic I became very interested in this frameset, I got in touch with Adam from Carbonda and he was really helpful trying to find some cheaper shipping options, but taking into account that Brazilian Customs are randomly rejecting the entrance of packages I came to a conclusion that the purchase must be through Aliexpress and this isn't an option for Carbonda.

The Spcycle M-038 is a copy from Epic HT 2018, right? the geometry looks like a bit weird to these days.. shorter reach, long chainstays, almost 70 degrees head tube angle etc.

Spcycle announced a new frameset called as SP-M06, which is based in Scott Scale frameset, and have the exactly same geometry, but it's recently and doesn't have any reviews reviews, apart from that the cable routing through the head tube scares me.

https://www.sp-cycle.com/spcycle-2023-new-t1000-carbon-mountain-bike-frame-udh-hanger-12x148mm-boost-full-internal-routing-29er-mtb-carbon-frame-p5026610.html
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 07:05:50 PM by leonardovit »

Ludo

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2023, 08:28:38 PM »
That’s also the frame I am contemplating but I don’t like that cable routing option, seems like a couple of tight radiuses on the cables

Here is the solution and routing Scott used on their high end model (using wireless derailleur). They do that on many bikes on their line up so it guess it’s ok…
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 09:21:21 PM by Ludo »

leonardovit

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2023, 09:38:29 AM »
I was taking a look at spcycle sp-m06 page product and it seems like his solution for headset is exactly the same used on og evkin cf056

Ludo

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2023, 11:26:32 AM »

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2023, 02:02:05 PM »
A beautiful set of handlebar for sure
https://ogevkinbike.com/products/hb-2000-mtb-handlebar-eu-stock

You should avoid Og-evkin stuff if possible. You can read my experience with these liars here: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,4344.msg48354.html#msg48354

grinchy

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2023, 11:52:51 PM »
Any reason you haven't already ordered the SP Cycle M-016? I'm pretty sure it's on Aliexpress.
I have had one built up for a couple months now and it has several hundred miles, no issues at all.