Author Topic: Spcycle G058 New Mold Carbon Gravel Frameset  (Read 3025 times)

spcycle

Spcycle G058 New Mold Carbon Gravel Frameset
« on: August 16, 2023, 02:40:39 AM »
Dear All:

Have a nice day.

In 2023, we released a brand new G058 gravel frameset. The geometry of this frame is very comfortable. Very scalable.

Now share some picture and information to this forum members.

Any interesting and order of this frame, feel free to contact us at any time.

info@lc2000.com.cn

For this model some inforamtion listed:

Material: T800 and T1000 Carbon Fiber
Model Number: SP-G058
Frame Size: XS/S/M/L/XL
Seatpost: 27.2x400mm, Compatible with 7 * 7 and 7 * 9mm rails
Headset Size: Top 1-1/2 (52mm) Down 1-1/2 (52mm)
Bottom Bracket: Press-fit BB386 or threaded T47
Cable: Full Hidden Internal Cable Routing, We can also provide semi-integrated routing version.
Brake: Flat Mount Disc Brake, 140 or 160mm rotor
Axle Spec: Rear 142*12mm and front 100*12mm
Maximum tire clearance: 700x50C
Suitable Derailleur: Di2 And Mechanical Both
Weight: Frame 1200g +/-60g, Fork 450+/-15g, Seatpost 205+/-10g.
Frameset Including: Frame, Fork, Seatpost, Headset, Clamp, Thru Axle

If anyone has the advice or idea for this model, feel free to reflect to us.

Many thanks.

david

ehvoo

Re: Spcycle G058 New Mold Carbon Gravel Frameset
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 08:34:31 PM »
Looks good.  What's the best way to order one? 

kubackje

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2023, 06:42:56 AM »
Dear All:

Have a nice day.

In 2023, we released a brand new G058 gravel frameset. The geometry of this frame is very comfortable. Very scalable.

Now share some picture and information to this forum members.

Any interesting and order of this frame, feel free to contact us at any time.

info@lc2000.com.cn

For this model some inforamtion listed:

Material: T800 and T1000 Carbon Fiber
Model Number: SP-G058
Frame Size: XS/S/M/L/XL
Seatpost: 27.2x400mm, Compatible with 7 * 7 and 7 * 9mm rails
Headset Size: Top 1-1/2 (52mm) Down 1-1/2 (52mm)
Bottom Bracket: Press-fit BB386 or threaded T47
Cable: Full Hidden Internal Cable Routing, We can also provide semi-integrated routing version.
Brake: Flat Mount Disc Brake, 140 or 160mm rotor
Axle Spec: Rear 142*12mm and front 100*12mm
Maximum tire clearance: 700x50C
Suitable Derailleur: Di2 And Mechanical Both
Weight: Frame 1200g +/-60g, Fork 450+/-15g, Seatpost 205+/-10g.
Frameset Including: Frame, Fork, Seatpost, Headset, Clamp, Thru Axle

If anyone has the advice or idea for this model, feel free to reflect to us.

Many thanks.

david

Hey Dave I really like the frame but find the geo little confusing. It has short reach and high stack especially for a XL frame. I think that there has to be a mistake in a table on seat post angle in size xl. I tried in 2 different calculators and things don't add up if the seat angle is 72.5 degree. It only works and other measures are correct if the seat angle is 73.5. Please see the attached photos

RDY

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2023, 08:13:01 AM »
Hey Dave I really like the frame but find the geo little confusing. It has short reach and high stack especially for a XL frame. I think that there has to be a mistake in a table on seat post angle in size xl. I tried in 2 different calculators and things don't add up if the seat angle is 72.5 degree. It only works and other measures are correct if the seat angle is 73.5. Please see the attached photos

They're obviously reducing STA 0.25 degrees each size, so you're right.    Besides it would make no sense to seriously slacken the STA on a gravel frame (IMO it makes little sense to slacken it at all from the small sizes).

kubackje

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2023, 08:47:40 AM »
They're obviously reducing STA 0.25 degrees each size, so you're right.    Besides it would make no sense to seriously slacken the STA on a gravel frame (IMO it makes little sense to slacken it at all from the small sizes).

I really like that the frame has short chainstays and slack headtube angle. Just don't understand why it has such a short reach and tt. I am 187 and looking at geo chart I would need size XL with 110 stem I think. The stack is reall high at this size. And size L with 556 TT would be to small. That would be a really short tube for fast gravel or singletracks
Seems strange to me. Or am I missing something?

tantansports

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2023, 08:52:18 PM »
good
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 09:04:42 PM by tantansports »

RDY

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2023, 08:20:51 AM »
I really like that the frame has short chainstays and slack headtube angle. Just don't understand why it has such a short reach and tt. I am 187 and looking at geo chart I would need size XL with 110 stem I think. The stack is reall high at this size. And size L with 556 TT would be to small. That would be a really short tube for fast gravel or singletracks
Seems strange to me. Or am I missing something?

You're not missing anything, it's just not got a long TT and doesn't need one, since it clearly wasn't designed with that in mind (long reach).  Indeed you can 'correct' it for your fit with a longer stem.  But they should have used a longer fork offset to extend the FC and wheelbase since TT is relatively short, and also should have kept the same HTA / STA from the size XS all the way to XL.  You can't correct that.

If they'd gone 70HTA and 74.5STA (as in the XS) with a 60mm fork offset, this thing would be great descending and on gnarly offroad.  As is, FC and WB are way too short in L and XL IMO.

Peak Torque tangentially touched on this in his Yoeleo gravel bike review recently - complaining about toe overlap.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 08:27:59 AM by RDY »