Author Topic: Sava Dream Maker  (Read 771 times)

BalticSea

Sava Dream Maker
« on: August 16, 2023, 06:48:15 AM »
It seems that Sava Dream Maker (the cray cray crazy bike that 2as spotted earlier this year) is finally available for purchase: https://a.aliexpress.com/_ms6Fi4S.

It surely ain't cheap, but it looks so crazy

Serge_K

Re: Sava Dream Maker
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023, 11:18:50 AM »
Hard to take them seriously when there isn't even a geometry chart. Zero adjustability. Shipping got to be more expensive too, as the box ought to be bigger because of the one piece fork / bars? Ofc, they make zero aero claims. The 4k is for a full bike though, i m sure they can sell framesets.
Another area of skepticism: T1000 everywhere. I haven't seen anybody claim to do full T1000 rims. And several factories confirmed to me that when a frame says T1000, it's, at best, that it includes SOME T1000 in the mix (usually w T800).
If the whole thing is T1000, it looks like the spokes are carbon, could well be incredibly harsh to ride.
I have zero desire to find out myself :)

BalticSea

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2023, 02:47:05 PM »
Hard to take them seriously when there isn't even a geometry chart. Zero adjustability. Shipping got to be more expensive too, as the box ought to be bigger because of the one piece fork / bars? Ofc, they make zero aero claims. The 4k is for a full bike though, i m sure they can sell framesets.
Another area of skepticism: T1000 everywhere. I haven't seen anybody claim to do full T1000 rims. And several factories confirmed to me that when a frame says T1000, it's, at best, that it includes SOME T1000 in the mix (usually w T800).
If the whole thing is T1000, it looks like the spokes are carbon, could well be incredibly harsh to ride.

Yeah, it's price for a while bike, not just frameset. I view this bike more of a novelty item, something you buy to make a statement.

Noladutch

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2023, 05:27:50 PM »

https://savadeck-bike.com/products/sava-dream-maker-di2-full-carbon-bike?variant=41531912519819

That oink has geo info.

Personally I like it. Would I buy it heck no

jonathanf2

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2023, 06:31:04 PM »
At least the Sava bike looks cool. The Trek Madone Gen 7 and Specialized Sirrus 6.0 are way more funky looking with their weird seat tubes.

Sakizashi

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2023, 06:51:11 PM »
As far as I can tell the only bar is 42cm across all the sizes which tells you all you need to know about the thought put into the details around performance and fit. This is really a design showpiece more than a high performance aero design.

Regardless of the data being something that's easy or hard to interpret, i think pulling back the curtain a little and showing that a product was actually engineered with CFD and then that CFD was validated in a wind tunnel is critical to telling a believable story for a high performance aero bike. I think the Elilee Blize (the base version) is in the same price range and has done that whereas Sava has not.