Author Topic: Rigid 29er boost fork with long axle to crown???  (Read 1382 times)

ldavies

Rigid 29er boost fork with long axle to crown???
« on: August 27, 2023, 04:53:44 PM »
I am looking for a rigid carbon fork with boost spacing and 160mm brake mounts to replace a fox 32 stepcast with a 505mm axle to crown measurement.  All the ones I find are 480mm (axle to crown) apart from a tideace model Mf-F-005 which I purchased on ebay.  Unfortunately with that one the fork is a bit flexible which causes the brakes to rub when I lean the bike over to the left hand side.  I would take 490mm axle to crown but it has to be stiff - I can't deal with brake rub!  Recommendations very welcome.
Thx,  Lloyd

nicklej

Re: Rigid 29er boost fork with long axle to crown???
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 02:10:53 AM »
I am looking for a rigid carbon fork with boost spacing and 160mm brake mounts to replace a fox 32 stepcast with a 505mm axle to crown measurement.  All the ones I find are 480mm (axle to crown) apart from a tideace model Mf-F-005 which I purchased on ebay.  Unfortunately with that one the fork is a bit flexible which causes the brakes to rub when I lean the bike over to the left hand side.  I would take 490mm axle to crown but it has to be stiff - I can't deal with brake rub!  Recommendations very welcome.
Thx,  Lloyd

Hey Lloyd - check out this one from SPCyle. Its a 490mm A2C. I don't think I can comment on how stiff it is as that depends on a few factors. I used this on my specialed epic HT and personally didn't have brake rub. I had a Bombtrack in 2019 that had a 502mm A2C carbon fork but it was their own fork (obviously a rebranded EOM fork) but had no need to find who made it. Attached pics of both

carbonazza

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 12:41:50 AM »
Carbonda provides this one with 500mm
I used it for the pink bike there:
https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3800.15.html

catdog

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 12:07:53 AM »
Trek has their 1120 fork (or whatever the bikepacking one is called) with a 510 A2C. That's what I'm running on a  Nukeproof Scout. Else you could get a custom steel one built for whatever size you want.