Author Topic: Integrated cockpit for 1-1/4 steering tube  (Read 1394 times)

pavlo.k

Integrated cockpit for 1-1/4 steering tube
« on: August 30, 2023, 05:43:03 AM »
Hi. I'm looking to upgrade a bulky 2-piece handlebar and stem with an integrated cockpit. My road bike has 1-1/4 steering tube diameter so it limits my options.
Ideally, if it allowed to route the cables under the stem with a cable port in the spacer rather than running the cables through the handlebars since I travel with a bike a lot and I need an easy way to remove the cockpit when I pack the bike

Pedaldancer

Re: Integrated cockpit for 1-1/4 steering tube
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 06:04:39 PM »
Sorry I don't get the point.. do you have an integrated cable routing or "classic" style with cable and hoses entering the frame on the top of the bottom tube?

The firespider store at Aliexpress has OD2 cockpits, different styles.. fully integrated also.

OD2 is your key word for searching at Aliexpress, it gives much better results than 31.8mm or 1 1/4"
Canyon does have 1 1/4" Cockpits, but expensive ..i guess you have a Canyon? There are not so many bike companies with 1 1/4"

pavlo.k

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 02:39:30 PM »
Sorry I don't get the point.. do you have an integrated cable routing or "classic" style with cable and hoses entering the frame on the top of the bottom tube?

The firespider store at Aliexpress has OD2 cockpits, different styles.. fully integrated also.

OD2 is your key word for searching at Aliexpress, it gives much better results than 31.8mm or 1 1/4"
Canyon does have 1 1/4" Cockpits, but expensive ..i guess you have a Canyon? There are not so many bike companies with 1 1/4"

I have scott addict. It has fully integrated cables but it's not a 1 piece cockpit but a separate stem and handlebar. Cables however are not routed through the handlebar and stem internally but enter the spacer stack under the stem and I quite like this design since you can remove the stem easily when packing the bike into a box and it's much easier to install. So I was wondering whether there are 1 piece cockpits that allow you to route the cable this way rather than through the handlebars. I know most carbon cockpits will allow you to run either full integration or completely external cables that are not routed through the headset

Pedaldancer

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 05:30:07 PM »
Scott really nicely conceals the hoses. Something like this I don't know.. you can take of course any "normal routing" 1 1/4" cockpit, but you must find a proper solution for the dust cap with entrance holes and the spacers.  That can get pretty ugly if you can't get a nice fit
For a complete hidden routing I only know this cockpit, but it's very expensive... for my feeling, it's a bit too high in pricing. OD2 is really a problem for that....
https://a.aliexpress.com/_ExyPH67

PLA

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2023, 11:43:18 AM »
Farsports F1s comes in 1 1/4
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.