Author Topic: Is the quality on my new Yishun/Lightcarbon LCR0X-V bad?  (Read 899 times)

Froglover825

Is the quality on my new Yishun/Lightcarbon LCR0X-V bad?
« on: September 01, 2023, 05:14:45 AM »
Hello,

Just received my new frame in the mail today the lightcarbon LCR0X-V rim brakes.
The quality of it looks what I would call "dodgy" in areas but I'm unsure if any of it is cause for concern, interested in hearing your opinion.

https://imgur.com/a/EYFDwhK

You can see the fork where the lower bearing goes has a "flap", what should I do about this? I can't imagine it will be good for the bearing to rub against that constantly?

jefflinde

Re: Is the quality on my new Yishun/Lightcarbon LCR0X-V bad?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 08:47:32 AM »
looks fine to me.  have you tried to fit the headset bearings and I assume the other pcs are of the bottom bracket?  if there are fit issues then i would reach back out to LC.  what i see there is not ideal but by no means is going to compromise the frame in any way.  i would glue the headset bearing seat just so it does not tear off.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 10:15:12 AM »
looks fine to me.  have you tried to fit the headset bearings and I assume the other pcs are of the bottom bracket?  if there are fit issues then i would reach back out to LC.  what i see there is not ideal but by no means is going to compromise the frame in any way.  i would glue the headset bearing seat just so it does not tear off.
Yeah, I would not worry...

PLA

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 11:21:06 AM »
I'd be a bit annoyed about that. I'd email them and see what they recommend.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

Sakizashi

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2023, 12:20:05 PM »
I think emailing Yishun is a good idea. I am curious to know what their response is.

I would guess that if this had been caught in QC they would have simply cut off the part of the carbon that didnt bond, put in some black 2x part epoxy based filler and sanded it flat. There is a lot of carbon there

Froglover825

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2023, 07:10:51 PM »
Did you end up talking to them?

Curious about how the frame rides.
I emailed them today, will wait a day and see what they come back with.

It will take me quite a while to build up, estimating at least 2 months, i'm going to sand back the paint on the bars/spacers/front area of frame and paint it red (similar to bmc colour scheme).

PLA

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2023, 07:27:18 PM »
Nice one Frog. Hope to see some photos once painted.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

Froglover825

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2023, 09:19:42 PM »
See response from lightcarbon
"Thanks for your photos, I have sent to our after-sale department.
They said it is normal that the frame is not good-looking, because the interior is not post-processed after forming,
One side smaller and rough is normal, unlike the appearance can be painted.
The location of the arrow below is just a small raw edge, just pick it off, it will not have any effect."
Does  "picking off" the flake sound like a good idea? Seems kind of sketchy.