Author Topic: T1000 Full Carbon Fiber 27.5er DH Suspension Frame MTB BSA 240*76mm Rear Shock  (Read 1950 times)

Eddy-haideli

Tideacebikes T1000 Full Carbon Fiber 27.5er DH Suspension Frame MTB BSA 240*76mm Rear Shock

Newest mold for Downhill suspension bike frame

• Material: T1000 Carbon

• Size:M L

• Head Tube: Oversize ID49.5mm (ZS49/EC49)

• Travel: 8.5 inches,216mm (4-Bar Linkage)

• Shock: X-Fusion VECTOR AIR HLR L240*TR76 (FW26+RW48)

• Seat Post: 30.9mm

• BB Width: 83mm W/ISCG05 mount

• Rear Dropout: 150mm*12mm*P1.5

• Included: Rear Axle / Clamp / Hanger

• Weight (with shock): 4710g

Contact us if you got any interesting.

eddy@haidelibicycle.com

« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 03:45:12 AM by Eddy-haideli »

TIMDOR576

geometry chart? Looks like a very strange bike to me with the seat a mile forward of the BB.

casual_build

Also, any testing or riding video? Is this another frame with bad tolerances making it unrideable?

Eddy-haideli

Size chart attached, for the video, i will attached later, thanks.

zaphodbeeblebrox

I think this frame design has been around for a while. Lightcarbon has it listed and Evolve (apparently they're bankrupt and stole everyone's money lol) sold it as the Skypilot a few years back.

Eddy-haideli

More picture attached.

jefflinde

is it just me or does the reach seem super short on this frame.  i have looked at it a few times as i am looking for a DH bike and i am a big fan of lightcarbon.  the geo just seems so far off all the current DH bikes.  unless i am missing something.

casual_build

is it just me or does the reach seem super short on this frame.  i have looked at it a few times as i am looking for a DH bike and i am a big fan of lightcarbon.  the geo just seems so far off all the current DH bikes.  unless i am missing something.

Looking at the picture, the reach is too short, but more precisely, the seat is too far forward. On A DH bike the seat should be as low as possible. In that position, the bottom bracket is pretty far behind the rider. Far from ideal!

From what I can tell, most DH bikes have the end of the seat tube, directly above the bottom bracket, this bike is pushing beyond that hard limit

Yeah, somethings up with that reach. I have no idea what I'm talking about with DH bikes

« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 09:24:11 PM by casual_build »

Jotegr

It's not *that* weird for a DH bike from when these molds were created. Maybe a bit on the short side for a large, but this is pretty "normal" for like, a 2016 DH bike - recall these had been around for a number of years as the Evolve Sky Pilot, and geo is offset a few years on open mold chinese bikes.

Part of the issue is because of the super slack head angles combined with long axle-to-crown length forks, seat angles, and long wheel bases, reach is no longer the helpful size summary we treat it as on trail bikes. You're much better looking at numbers like effective top tube, wheelbase, and rear centre to figure out how a DH bike might fit/ride on paper. That said, the thing is still small when you look at those numbers.

For example, the Norco Aurum HSP which was fairly cutting edge when it was released in 2019 sported a 465/473mm reach in its largest size (dubbed an L/XL). Recently, DH bikes have gotten much longer - but this trend has only occurred with the current resurgence of DH investment and tech. 

So this is probably "fine" for someone looking for a decently competent DH Bike to this day, but probably only for someone up to 5' 9" or so. Consider their sizing as 'small' and 'medium' now, rather than medium and large.

Eddy-haideli

Complete bicycle assembling video shared.

Thanks for supporting.

Contact us if you have any frame need.

eddy@haidelibicycle.com

Ludo

Note in the market for such a frame but enjoyed watching the video, great editing

FullCarbonAlchemist

It’s a pretty old design for a “new mold” frame, Scott used a very similar design prior to 2018. Don’t expect the geometry to be progressive in the modern sense of the word.