Author Topic: Welded-Seam Waterproof Frame Bag makers?  (Read 1337 times)

Machine

Welded-Seam Waterproof Frame Bag makers?
« on: September 07, 2023, 03:50:13 PM »
Does anyone know manufacturers of welded seam frame bags like those made by Apidura, Blackburn, Ortleib, etc? Looking to have some bags manufactured. Thanks

sbellote

Re: Welded-Seam Waterproof Frame Bag makers?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 10:07:41 AM »
I have 3 Rhinowalk bags that are really good (saddle, top tube and handlebar bags), the finishing is flawless and it's really cost-efficient for what delivers. I've got some light showers with them and had no issues, never done tests with some heavier rain, though

there are good Rockbros models too, but it's a wide range of products and in my experience (personal and colleagues' comments) there are good and bad ones
I've used Sahoo in the past too, a saddle bag with the waterproof weld seam, but although the finishing was good the ziper gave up after like 6 months, and the store left me hanging on any comment about the issue...

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2023, 12:54:30 PM »
I have 3 Rhinowalk bags that are really good (saddle, top tube and handlebar bags), the finishing is flawless and it's really cost-efficient for what delivers. I've got some light showers with them and had no issues, never done tests with some heavier rain, though

there are good Rockbros models too, but it's a wide range of products and in my experience (personal and colleagues' comments) there are good and bad ones
I've used Sahoo in the past too, a saddle bag with the waterproof weld seam, but although the finishing was good the ziper gave up after like 6 months, and the store left me hanging on any comment about the issue...
I'm also a fan of the Rhinowalk bags...

Wet Noodle

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2023, 01:37:09 PM »
Rhinowalk ... really cost-efficient
Really? I always wondered what their appeal was, as their pannier bags seem kind of expensive, being usually in the 80 to 100+ usd range per pair (the more serious-looking ones, at least). For European buyers, that's almost Ortlieb territory, if you're not in a hurry and willing to shop around a bit.

But could be quite different for the more bikepacking-specific stuff.

Wet Noodle

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2023, 01:42:55 PM »
Does anyone know manufacturers of welded seam frame bags like those made by Apidura, Blackburn, Ortleib, etc? Looking to have some bags manufactured. Thanks

Just to get that right - you don't want to just buy an existing model, but want to have some bags manufactured to your specs? Are you looking to have very specific bags done (like, your own pattern and details and stuff) or is it just about a little customisation (colours/prints or such)?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2023, 02:48:31 PM »
Really? I always wondered what their appeal was, as their pannier bags seem kind of expensive, being usually in the 80 to 100+ usd range per pair (the more serious-looking ones, at least). For European buyers, that's almost Ortlieb territory, if you're not in a hurry and willing to shop around a bit.

But could be quite different for the more bikepacking-specific stuff.
Yes, the pannier bags are priced way too high and you would be better off with the big brands. But for smaller bags the proces are OK. But they are not really cheap either...

sbellote

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2023, 05:53:52 PM »
for the common bags - frame, handlebar, seatpost - at least, I think so. Prices for waterproof bags, and considering the quality of the material and finishing, I really do think it's a good price. Here in Brazil to get a similar/comparable bag I'd pay 3-4 times more
of course, the 'cheap' part is always tricky, it can be cheap for what it offers (waterproof, finishing) but definitely not the cheapest compared to a basic fabric bag

about panniers and all that stuff, I honestly don't know much so not sure if the price is ok or not

Really? I always wondered what their appeal was, as their pannier bags seem kind of expensive, being usually in the 80 to 100+ usd range per pair (the more serious-looking ones, at least).
Yes, the pannier bags are priced way too high and you would be better off with the big brands. But for smaller bags the proces are OK. But they are not really cheap either...