Author Topic: Elitewheels Edge wheelset  (Read 30491 times)

Da11as

Re: Elitewheels Edge wheelset
« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2024, 12:24:54 PM »
Right?! The last time I mounted them I had to call a friend to help weak ass me to get them on  :o

After that I went away from using them..
I have GP5000S and GP5000AS on Edges, no problem with mounting, it's quite easy, actually.

« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2024, 05:51:29 PM »
I have GP5000S and GP5000AS on Edges, no problem with mounting, it's quite easy, actually.

Were they the tubeless or tubeless-ready versions?

I just want to also confirm that I've found the TR GP5000 to be quite stiff, definitely more difficult than the clincher versions.

Da11as

« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2024, 03:09:15 AM »
Were they the tubeless or tubeless-ready versions?

I just want to also confirm that I've found the TR GP5000 to be quite stiff, definitely more difficult than the clincher versions.
I have TR versions and got no problems with mounting, perhaps because I use Pedros levers. But I am able to mount 90% of tire with bare hands and not much force.

terboam

« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2024, 03:34:15 AM »
I think some gp5000S TR tires might be smaller due to tolerances, i doubt the rims are differing in size.
There's some chance it's user error as well

jinaaa

« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2024, 01:30:22 AM »
Does anyone know if when ordering EliteWheels (Like via Ali Express ) one can choose also the color?
I know already that one can ask for no decals , but what about the color?

rtuk

« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2024, 05:10:08 AM »
Does anyone know if when ordering EliteWheels (Like via Ali Express ) one can choose also the color?
I know already that one can ask for no decals , but what about the color?
I didn't ask that q, but did ask others and found them to be very responsive on AE msgs

estingo

« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2024, 09:43:42 AM »
Those Elite Drive D65 looks stunning!

I had one problem and that was with the 6 - bolts brake disc. I thought I came then without a center lock system but it does and they added an adapter. The weight was a bit over, advertized 1488 grams and I weighted it at 1516 grams for both. Nothing major and I'm quite happy with that.

rtuk

« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2024, 12:04:22 PM »
Those Elite Drive D65 looks stunning!

I had one problem and that was with the 6 - bolts brake disc. I thought I came then without a center lock system but it does and they added an adapter. The weight was a bit over, advertized 1488 grams and I weighted it at 1516 grams for both. Nothing major and I'm quite happy with that.

They look great - esp on the bike with the white logos matching so well from wheel to frame.

Can I ask - how're the flats of the Pillar Wing spokes oriented - ie are any of them a bit rotated, so they're not parallel with the rotation of the wheels & cutting through the air as cleanly as they could?

I had a quick look at mine before putting them back in the box and I think some of them might be a little rotated. Will be able to check properly at the weekend, but I'm not sure what my expectations should be.

kubackje

« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2024, 12:46:30 PM »
They look great - esp on the bike with the white logos matching so well from wheel to frame.

Can I ask - how're the flats of the Pillar Wing spokes oriented - ie are any of them a bit rotated, so they're not parallel with the rotation of the wheels & cutting through the air as cleanly as they could?

I had a quick look at mine before putting them back in the box and I think some of them might be a little rotated. Will be able to check properly at the weekend, but I'm not sure what my expectations should be.

Those are not pillar wing spokes

rtuk

« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2024, 01:07:03 PM »
Those are not pillar wing spokes

Ah my mistake thanks - I thought Elitewheels used PW on all their metal spoked wheels and I didn't look closely enough to see those are actually carbon rather than metal spokes.

I can see they're still some type of flat / wing shape, so I'm still interested in whether any of them are rotated?

Interested because if some of mine are, I need to decide what if anything to do about it. Mine are Edge 40 with Pillar Wing.

Be interested in any experience / thoughts on my best approach?

gabbia

« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2024, 03:27:45 PM »
Any real use experience about braking quality/ power on this rim brakes wheel?

kubackje

« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2024, 03:35:42 PM »
Ah my mistake thanks - I thought Elitewheels used PW on all their metal spoked wheels and I didn't look closely enough to see those are actually carbon rather than metal spokes.

I can see they're still some type of flat / wing shape, so I'm still interested in whether any of them are rotated?

Interested because if some of mine are, I need to decide what if anything to do about it. Mine are Edge 40 with Pillar Wing.

Be interested in any experience / thoughts on my best approach?

Just turn them straight. but best advice would be to go to bike shop/wheel builder so he can check spokes and True the wheels

rtuk

« Reply #147 on: September 27, 2024, 04:21:37 PM »
Just turn them straight. but best advice would be to go to bike shop/wheel builder so he can check spokes and True the wheels

Am I wrong to think that Elitewheels should do that before shipping them?

I still haven't checked them properly, I'll do that over weekend.