Author Topic: recommend an ospw for me  (Read 1489 times)

PLA

recommend an ospw for me
« on: September 20, 2023, 06:30:23 AM »
any good ones around on aliespresso?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 09:20:33 AM by PLA »

It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

kbernstein

Re: recommend an ospw for me
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 08:25:54 AM »
Can OSPW increase the RD capacity or max cog?

00Garza

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 10:22:56 AM »
Here you go. Only $2,000.
https://ceramicspeed.com/products/ospw-3d-hollow-ti-shimano-9250-r8150-oil-slick-pvd-ctd

Joking aside...most of the chinese OSPW look like the same product rebranded by different sellers.

lantz

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 10:35:12 AM »
Anyone know which of the OSPW cages fit the L-TWOO eRX stuff? Not sure what the spec is.

jonathanf2

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2023, 10:46:25 AM »
Anyone know which of the OSPW cages fit the L-TWOO eRX stuff? Not sure what the spec is.

I haven't seen anyone remove the stock ERX cage, but I have a feeling Sensah and LTwoo are using the Shimano style cage mount. The reason I say that is due to both companies selling OSPWs for Shimano. It would be extra production time and tooling to make a separate OSPW.

jonathanf2

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 11:13:51 AM »
well ... recommend an ospw for me that suits 105 di2 rear derailleur nicely.

any suggestions?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804555924336.html

If you're on a budget just get the Ceramic Speed knock-off. It's real carbon fiber, the bearings appear to be weather sealed and the ones I have are still spinning smoothly after a few thousand miles. Though I don't ride in rain. On my gravel bike I strictly use steel bearing only. I like this particular design, because it has 4 levels of spring tension. Other OSPW designs only allow 2 levels of tension. Shifts are quick and I prefer the benefits of an OSPW more on the climbs than on the flats.

lantz

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2023, 12:28:45 PM »
I haven't seen anyone remove the stock ERX cage, but I have a feeling Sensah and LTwoo are using the Shimano style cage mount. The reason I say that is due to both companies selling OSPWs for Shimano. It would be extra production time and tooling to make a separate OSPW.

I assumed this as well, but they offer different ones for different ranges, so not sure which one maps to the erx - ut or da or or or or haha.

jonathanf2

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2023, 01:16:18 PM »
I assumed this as well, but they offer different ones for different ranges, so not sure which one maps to the erx - ut or da or or or or haha.

Sensah rivets their OSPW onto the Empire RD and I believe LTwoo does the same. Though the ERX derailleur is designed more like the current Shimano style RDs. It'd be nice if someone could take some photos and check if the ERX RD cage can be removed.

lantz

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2023, 02:13:20 PM »
Agree - I'll drop a comment under some of the youtubers and see if anyone has insight.

I did also ask on aliexpress, but didn't get much info haha.

kubackje

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2023, 04:43:45 PM »
I use the Ltwoo ospw. Just changed the bearings for fully sealed ceramic ones. It's looking good and working just fine

lantz

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2023, 10:05:16 PM »
I use the Ltwoo ospw. Just changed the bearings for fully sealed ceramic ones. It's looking good and working just fine

On what RD?

jonathanf2

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2023, 09:31:09 AM »
On what RD?

Jockey wheels can be easily swapped, a different cage is a different process.

kubackje

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2023, 05:32:52 AM »

PLA

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2023, 09:23:30 AM »
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804555924336.html

If you're on a budget just get the Ceramic Speed knock-off. It's real carbon fiber, the bearings appear to be weather sealed and the ones I have are still spinning smoothly after a few thousand miles. Though I don't ride in rain. On my gravel bike I strictly use steel bearing only. I like this particular design, because it has 4 levels of spring tension. Other OSPW designs only allow 2 levels of tension. Shifts are quick and I prefer the benefits of an OSPW more on the climbs than on the flats.

ah are these actual carbon? they look so plasticy in the photos i just assumed they were injection molds. these looks the goods.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

jonathanf2

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2023, 09:47:48 AM »
ah are these actual carbon? they look so plasticy in the photos i just assumed they were injection molds. these looks the goods.

They are carbon fiber. You can test carbon material using a phone screen, if it can move the screen it's conductive making it carbon fiber. Plastic is an insulator. I do that with a bunch of parts to see if it they are carbon or plastic. Also shop around, I've seen some AliEx stores sell that OSPW for $25 USD or less sometimes.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 11:03:16 AM by jonathanf2 »