Author Topic: Lewis Bike (Trickstuff 2 & 4 piston clones)  (Read 5574 times)

RDY

Lewis Bike (Trickstuff 2 & 4 piston clones)
« on: September 21, 2023, 07:23:26 AM »
Saw this posted at WWs - https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=1829140#p1829140

https://www.lewisbike.com/product/disc-brakes.html

Anyone got any intel?  Was inevitable that some Chinese clones appeared.  Given the selling price, they're hopefully decent quality.

Ludo

Re: Lewis Bike (Trickstuff 2 & 4 piston clones)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 07:39:51 AM »
They look really good for sure!

aeroskiii

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 11:41:56 AM »
the weight they listed doesn't include brake hoses which are about 70g
still a super light brake

Silverado123

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2023, 05:36:00 PM »
They look really nice but i keep hearing that they are rebadged clones of brakes that have been out for awhile. Some say they are indeed different.. Regardless the silver option looks really great

RDY

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023, 06:51:23 PM »
They look really nice but i keep hearing that they are rebadged clones of brakes that have been out for awhile. Some say they are indeed different.. Regardless the silver option looks really great

I hadn't seen any relatively legit looking TS clones before.  Which ones are you referring to?

I do vaguely remember seeing some really bad knockoffs (including TS branding) a couple of years ago, but I think they disappeared.

nicklej

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 05:22:15 AM »
I will order some tonight and see what they're like and report back on their weight and performance. The hose looks like a shimano BH90 so easily replaceable if a problem occurs and there are some lighter options on the market too (provided they use this hose).

I shall be going for 2-piston in silver. Thought I'd add that since they look sexy.

Vipassana

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2023, 03:13:19 PM »
I'm very interested in these. I sent a message asking if they had carbon levers available or in development.

Wet Noodle

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2023, 03:38:37 PM »
I will order some tonight and see what they're like and report back on their weight and performance.

I'm kind of excited to hear. Pls share your experience on the ordering process as well (If you know: Can you only order via their website? Additional shipping cost? Do the offer a shipping method with included no-hassle customs handling? Stuff like that ...)

Also, just in case, do you have experience with the actual Piccola brake to compare with?

nicklej

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2023, 12:58:46 AM »
I'm kind of excited to hear. Pls share your experience on the ordering process as well (If you know: Can you only order via their website? Additional shipping cost? Do the offer a shipping method with included no-hassle customs handling? Stuff like that ...)

Also, just in case, do you have experience with the actual Piccola brake to compare with?

I run a bike shop and have bled multiple trickstuff brakes and ridden bikes with them. Never owned a set because their price tag is very high but i do like their look and feel, braking on the Piccola is brutal on the 4-pot calliper but I want to get the 2-pot Lewis Brake so expect a drop in performance. For my needs, 2 pot is perfectly adequate and 4-pot would be overkill.

I've sent two emails to Lewis Bike and not heard anything so my plan of ordering did not go ahead. Their website is very basic and i think the website form doesn't send them a message. I have emailed them direct too but still nothing.

I want to find out if they have carbon levers too, what pads they actually use so I can get more locally and what the brake hose is so I can possibly change it. Right now, no more progress on these :(
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 01:02:41 AM by nicklej »

nicklej

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2023, 01:35:20 AM »
They did just reply after a quick follow up and said:

Thanks for your message. We have a distritutor in UK now and could you contact them about the brakes?

Submission Cycles
36 Victoria Street Grimsby DN31 1DG United Kingdom

Email:
submissioncycles@gmail.com
Tel:
+44 01472 472246
www.submissioncycles.com

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2023, 04:51:10 AM »
Looks really professional. A website that does not work and a gmail account...  :-\

Vipassana

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2023, 04:52:55 AM »
I received this reply:

Hi,
We are very sorry for the late reply to you.
Our brakes are CNC machined from aluminum.There are currently no carbon brake levers.
The quality of our brakes is very good, you can buy a set of samples for testing first.
If you are interested, please feel free to contact us.
We look forward to your reply.
Lewis Bike

Vipassana

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2023, 04:28:59 PM »
I asked about pad style/material and shipping cost for a set of LV2 in silver to the US.  Let's see what happens.  I hate to be the guinea pig on this one, but perhaps I'll bit the bullet for you guys.  ;D

Vipassana

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2023, 11:17:37 AM »
They responded to say that the pads are metallic and this is the shape (see attached image).  I don't know off hand what style pad that is.

The price is $265 shipped to me in the US. They wanted to know if I wanted to be a vendor for them (not at this time).

nicklej

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2023, 04:11:29 PM »
I asked to order a set but I don't think they'll be able to until that UK distributor is up and running. Maybe they can...lets see.