Author Topic: VB CX-002 is…  (Read 700 times)

TCal

VB CX-002 is…
« on: September 28, 2023, 07:04:45 AM »
Polling the crowd here. If you were asked What does the VB-CX002 resembles the most? What would you say? Picture courtesy of their website.

patliean1

Re: VB CX-002 is…
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 09:39:28 AM »
Welcome to the forum. That photo was taken by me since it's my bike...

There is dedicated thread for the CX-002 frameset. A little bit of effort to search beforehand goes a long way.

https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3965.0.html

PLA

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2023, 10:15:59 AM »
Polling the crowd here. If you were asked What does the VB-CX002 resembles the most? What would you say? Picture courtesy of their website.

Resembles an afterthought to me.

Looks like they're trying to make something from the spare parts bin. Tubing from the generic open mold aero frame (e.g. LCRXS-D) with a few little geometry adjustments and a bit extra tyre clearance and call it a CX bike. Unfortunately they've missed the mark by a country mile with the super steep headtube angle and that seatpost looks way too stiff for anything but smooth tarmac.

Apart from racing, I never really understood why anyone would choose a cx bike over a gravel bike, but this wouldn't cut it as a cx bike in my eyes. Not even close.

All that almost makes me overlook whoever assembled it was too lazy to cut the steerer tube down. Almost.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 03:36:51 AM by PLA »
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

TCal

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 04:38:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum. That photo was taken by me since it's my bike...

There is dedicated thread for the CX-002 frameset. A little bit of effort to search beforehand goes a long way.

https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3965.0.html

And I thank you for that photo. BTW I discovered your vlog after I posted the question, thank you for making that. I’ll head over to that corner of the forum, as I am seeing this one is already getting toxic for my taste. Was not my intention in the least.