Author Topic: TanTan FM202 Og-evkin QONQI VeloBuild VR066  (Read 2994 times)

Re: TanTan FM202 Og-evkin QONQI VeloBuild VR066
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2023, 08:09:33 AM »
Have you looked into Speeder, Lightcarbon or Yishun? These three manufacturers give me confidence.

The idea is to look for something similar in geometry to the new Canyon Endurace, and with a classic frame cut.....the truth is I didn't find much more than these three brands...

https://www.instagram.com/santichaotwohearts/
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 09:40:57 AM by santidacruzdasleiras »

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2023, 04:51:56 AM »
I would just check this forum and see what others say about the brands you are considering.
If you value warranty/honesty and/or your time you can cross OG-Evkin off your list. So only 2 more to go  :D

After checking prices, listening to your advice about the brands, and discarding OG-EVKIN due to the warranty and contact problems that some of you have had.
So I have the Velobuild and the TanTan, which only vary in price by about 10 dollars between them.

According to you, which of these two distributors is the best in after-sales service, which one would be more reliable?

Thank you very much again for your answers

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2023, 04:53:32 AM »
I'd stay away from og-evkin if you value any degree of after sales service.

Just because they share dimensions/mold, doesn't mean they're necessarily from the same factory.

After checking prices, listening to your advice about the brands, and discarding OG-EVKIN due to the warranty and contact problems that some of you have had.
So I have the Velobuild and the TanTan, which only vary in price by about 10 dollars between them.

According to you, which of these two distributors is the best in after-sales service, which one would be more reliable?

Thank you very much again for your answers

ENEP

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2023, 08:11:42 AM »
VBR066 is an easy and cheap pick. Fairly good quality based on user reports.

My pick.. Non classic cut but good quality and endurance geo would be the Carbonda CFR1056. Also 32mm tire clearance and you can choose fully or semi-internal routing of cables. There is a comprehensive CFR1056 thread here on Chinertown.

Edit: Or if you must have a classic cut without dropped seat stays. Why not go for the super popular gravel Carbonda CFR696? Good quality, relaxed geo, great tire clearance and mounting points for bags/racks/fenders.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 08:14:53 AM by ENEP »

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2023, 08:20:12 AM »
VBR066 is an easy and cheap pick. Fairly good quality based on user reports.

My pick.. Non classic cut but good quality and endurance geo would be the Carbonda CFR1056. Also 32mm tire clearance and you can choose fully or semi-internal routing of cables. There is a comprehensive CFR1056 thread here on Chinertown.

Edit: Or if you must have a classic cut without dropped seat stays. Why not go for the super popular gravel Carbonda CFR696? Good quality, relaxed geo, great tire clearance and mounting points for bags/racks/fenders.

Thanks for the advice, but I want a more or less pure road frame. I have been using a Flixii gravel frame for a few years, the 039, and although it is a good frame and has given me great satisfaction on many trips, I want something a little more aerodynamic and above all more rigid, that is why I am looking for a road endurance . My previous frame will be for gravel mounted with GRX400.
The issue of mounting wide tires doesn't worry me, I always use 25 on the road, because later everything weighs down a little, the years too!!

ScottL

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2023, 08:45:53 AM »
Not sure if it helps, but I've been looking at the LTK 036 as an option for an endurance bike. The geometry on the website is incorrect, but if you email them they will send you the correct data.

https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,4585.0.html