Author Topic: Senicx gr2 + sram eagle axs compatibility  (Read 924 times)

kubackje

Senicx gr2 + sram eagle axs compatibility
« on: October 22, 2023, 07:01:18 AM »
Hi Guys,

Have anyone used senicx gr2 1x with sram eagle axs resr derailleur. I am planning my new build with sp cycle 056 gravel frame. Which has t47 86.5 BB.
So I want to pair it with sram eagle axs rd with 10-50 eagle cassette. On the front I want senicx gr2 crankset with 44t ring. I found info that this cranset has 49,7 Chainline so should be good as I assume, but this will be my first build so I rather ask here.

Another one is BB compatibility. I need t47 86.5 and wanted this one https://sklep.token-polska.pl/suport-t47v29-p-378.html
If I read it right this will be good for the frame. But will it work with this cranset? The crank compatibility says bb t47 85.5. Will it work with 86.5?

paldo

Re: Senicx gr2 + sram eagle axs compatibility
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 02:12:23 AM »
GR2 has crankset with 2 types of spindle either DUB or Shimano Hollowtech. So whichever standard you choose will
decide your bottom bracket..

kubackje

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 02:17:18 AM »
GR2 has crankset with 2 types of spindle either DUB or Shimano Hollowtech. So whichever standard you choose will
decide your bottom bracket..

Gr2 actually has only Dub standard, the 24mm axle is called gr3. The axle diameter is the only thing I am fully sure nown :) would love to get opinions on other stuff I've mentioned

Confused

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2023, 09:20:09 PM »
I have used the Gr2 with an AXS XX1 rear derailleur and an e-thirteen 9-50 cassette with no issues. I used a different bottom bracket than the one it shipped with because I had a higher quality one on hand.

kubackje

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2023, 11:39:57 AM »
I have used the Gr2 with an AXS XX1 rear derailleur and an e-thirteen 9-50 cassette with no issues. I used a different bottom bracket than the one it shipped with because I had a higher quality one on hand.

Good to hear that. I will buy the BB from token. I was just curious about the chainline. The original chainring has no offset so the chainline will be 49.7 so should be good. I can always buy 3mm offset pass quest chainring. But I am not sure if 3mm isn't to close to the frame when you want to have 44t or 46t chainring. Still waiting for the frame will see when it comes.

Confused

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2023, 06:29:48 AM »
If you haven't bought your crankset yet I could sell you mine. I picked up a force carbon crankset with power meter for cheap so I planned to switch it out. My Senicx is 175mm arms and 42t chainring.

kubackje

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2023, 06:34:40 AM »
If you haven't bought your crankset yet I could sell you mine. I picked up a force carbon crankset with power meter for cheap so I planned to switch it out. My Senicx is 175mm arms and 42t chainring.

It arrived today. I got 170 and 44t. Now just waiting for the frame

kubackje

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2024, 02:15:44 AM »

What bottom bracket did u use senicx with? I have a problem that mine does not spin freely. I have t47 86.5mm dub bb https://sklep.token-polska.pl/bootom-bracket-bb47v29-p-378.html. I installed gr2 crankset but if I tight it it does not spin. This is the best I can get before it goes loose. But this is for sure not torqued to specified nm for sure. Any solution for this? Is it possible that crank spindle is too short for this bottom bracket?

mirphak

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2024, 03:43:50 PM »
I use it. GX axs with senicx gr2. No problem whatsoever.

I changed recently the chainring to a pass quest just because of the looks, but the senicx was fine with a SRAM chain

kubackje

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2024, 12:15:13 PM »
I use it. GX axs with senicx gr2. No problem whatsoever.

I changed recently the chainring to a pass quest just because of the looks, but the senicx was fine with a SRAM chain

What bottom bracket do u use? I had to get rid of preload ring to fit on my bb. Also the chainline is too far out imo. Would need a chainring with offset I think

mirphak

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2024, 03:47:12 PM »
I use a T47-external(68mm)-DUB from Token. I have the preload ring in place. About the chain line, no clue, it works fine for me.