Author Topic: Sales coming up, how do I find a Shimano GRX RX810 Lever and brake set?  (Read 882 times)

Flying Trunk Monkey

Hey all,
I've bought plenty off of AliX but usually don't spend enough at one time to warrant waiting for a good price on a particular item. Money is tight currenty but I'd really like to pick up a set of GRX 810 shifters and levers? Going rate on eBay is about $275-300 on the lower end after tax/shipping. I've lost 2-3 auctions now bidding in that range.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to best keep an eye out for a good price during the upcoming sales?

I'm not sure if it's going to happen though as the current AilX prices seem to be about $100 higher than eBay.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 10:58:07 PM by Flying Trunk Monkey »

jonathanf2

Hey all,
I've bought plenty off of AliX but usually don't spend enough at one time to warrant waiting for a good price on a particular item. Money is tight currenty but I'd really like to pick up a set of GRX 810 shifters and levers? Going rate on eBay is about $275-300 on the lower end after tax/shipping. I've lost 2-3 auctions now bidding in that range.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to best keep an eye out for a good price during the upcoming sales?

I'm not sure if it's going to happen though as the current AilX prices seem to be about $100 higher than eBay.

There's a seller on US Ebay who's selling Ultegra/GRX shifters brand new below cost. I'd just go the Ebay route. Cheaper than buying retail.

Flying Trunk Monkey

There's a seller on US Ebay who's selling Ultegra/GRX shifters brand new below cost. I'd just go the Ebay route. Cheaper than buying retail.

Is it this guy ...superdavescellar?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204513450005

He seems to have a lot of stuff. I can't win one of his auctions though either.

jonathanf2

Is it this guy ...superdavescellar?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204513450005

He seems to have a lot of stuff. I can't win one of his auctions though either.

Just come in as the 2nd highest bidder. He'll most likely send you a second chance offer at your bidding cost, below the cost of the winning bidder. You could also just opt to get the Ultegra shifters and run those with a GRX FD/RD, unless you prefer a matching groupset.

coffeebreak

That guy is on FB in all of the bike/bike parts swaps groups. Goes by the name Dave Koesel and sometimes sells stuff at good prices. I have bought Di-2 parts from him that were brand new.
If you go that route you'll save tax too. I'm pretty sure he won't eat all the ridiculous eBay fees and still offer it lower than FB group's prices.

jonathanf2

On a side note he ships fast since he's also in California as I am. I received my Ultegra 2x11 shifters the same week. Everything looked brand new. Though I'm curious how he got all his parts. He told me he has over 100 pairs of Ultegra shifters he's trying to off load.

coffeebreak

He works at a shop. My stuff came in some bike shop's box.

ChrisB

If in Europe check R2-bike.com they have the 810's Brifters and brakes on sale:
https://r2-bike.com/SHIMANO-GRX-Scheibenbremse-Schalt-Bremshebel-ST-RX810-BR-RX810-Flat-Mount-rechts-11-fach

Maybe you get lucky.  :-)

BR Chris

Mtnbykr

Can't ship to the USA...

maza

https://www.bike24.com/p2323143.html

Try beating this price lol
That's great! Where to find the other pair?

wwnero

https://www.bike24.com/p2323143.html

Try beating this price lol

Based on the picture the lever looks to be a 1x and not 2x

Flying Trunk Monkey

Well, I found him on FB and sent him a message. Said I knew him from eBay but heard from others knew he worked though other channels as well. Said we could both save some money if we didn't rely on eBay and asked for a shipped price on the shifters and brakes. He responded with $400. Depending on the auction, eBay price is right at $300 after shipping/sales tax. I guess I'll keep working that angle.

I'm in the US so Star Bike and R2 aren't an option. I've done a lot of business w/ R2 in the past and even made money reselling DT Swiss fat hub sets stateside. In the meantime R2 has quit shipping DT Swiss to the US, which sucks because I need a few things from Dt Swiss still. Neither Star or R2 will ship Shimano.

I've explored getting things shipped to Canada and then reshipped to the US from a third party but I couldn't find anything remotely objective to determine what it would cost so I have no idea if it would be worth it. If anyone has any thoughts on that I'd appreciate it. ...might have to make another post.

Aaron

pecampbe

Well, I found him on FB and sent him a message. Said I knew him from eBay but heard from others knew he worked though other channels as well. Said we could both save some money if we didn't rely on eBay and asked for a shipped price on the shifters and brakes. He responded with $400. Depending on the auction, eBay price is right at $300 after shipping/sales tax. I guess I'll keep working that angle.

I'm in the US so Star Bike and R2 aren't an option. I've done a lot of business w/ R2 in the past and even made money reselling DT Swiss fat hub sets stateside. In the meantime R2 has quit shipping DT Swiss to the US, which sucks because I need a few things from Dt Swiss still. Neither Star or R2 will ship Shimano.

I've explored getting things shipped to Canada and then reshipped to the US from a third party but I couldn't find anything remotely objective to determine what it would cost so I have no idea if it would be worth it. If anyone has any thoughts on that I'd appreciate it. ...might have to make another post.

Aaron

R2 and Starbike won't ship to Canada either so we're all out of luck here in North America.