Author Topic: Yishun R1088-D Aero Road  (Read 2663 times)

ujmo_

Yishun R1088-D Aero Road
« on: October 30, 2023, 11:54:07 AM »
Hi all, first post here. I've got two questions:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 11:57:12 AM by ujmo_ »

neobiker

Re: Yishun R1088-D Aero Road
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 03:34:00 PM »
I bought it, but did not find the time to mount it.

Dark17

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 08:36:18 AM »
It is now gone on Yishunbike's website :(
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

ujmo_

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 02:02:04 PM »
I bought it, but did not find the time to mount it.
If you checked the carbon quality, what is your impression of it so far?

It is now gone on Yishunbike's website :(
Hm I was told few days ago that it's available. I wonder what size would be the best fit - I'm 180cm tall with 87cm inseam.

chughes

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 02:57:35 PM »
Where sizing is concerned if you have an existing bike that fits you, use a bike geometry site like https://geometrygeeks.bike/ to match your existing bike to the proposed new bike. Yishun can  also provide you with a sizing guide, hence email and request it This is the url for the 1088 on geometry geeks https://geometrygeeks.bike/bike/yishun-r1088-d-corrected-geometry-2023/

ujmo_

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2023, 07:18:16 AM »
Where sizing is concerned if you have an existing bike that fits you, use a bike geometry site like https://geometrygeeks.bike/ to match your existing bike to the proposed new bike. Yishun can  also provide you with a sizing guide, hence email and request it This is the url for the 1088 on geometry geeks https://geometrygeeks.bike/bike/yishun-r1088-d-corrected-geometry-2023/
Thanks, I asked them for sizing guide of R1088-D and R086-D, which I’m also considering.This is the first time I’m buying a road bike(and building it on my own), before I only had MTB so unfortunately there is not so much to compare with.

I’m also curious on what do you guys think about their integrated handlebars - they offered me HB068, HB088 or HBR07.

chughes

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2023, 12:18:24 PM »
@ujmo_ Hi, because you are new to road cycling, do not go with the bars that are integrated with a stem. Would suggest HB058 and a separate stem. This way it would be less costly if you need to change the stem and or handlebar. Not sure how easy it is for you but consider getting a bike fit. The fitter will then be able to recommend what frameset you need to get. Worse case get a frameset closest to your fit (not too big) and then make the adjustments (eg longer or shorter stem/handlebar

I have the 086D, and can tell you its a good pick, can't say about the 1088 but it was on my list. Went with 086 because  the tifosi AURIGA DISC which clearly uses the same frameset has some good reviews

ujmo_

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2023, 12:56:56 PM »
I just got the frame delivered. Here are few pictures. I wonder if the cable hole in the fork(last picture) is normal this way or if I should contact Yishun about it. It isn’t smooth at all but I’m unsure if that’s expected with Chinese brands.

Dark17

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2023, 07:22:08 PM »
I just got the frame delivered. Here are few pictures. I wonder if the cable hole in the fork(last picture) is normal this way or if I should contact Yishun about it. It isn’t smooth at all but I’m unsure if that’s expected with Chinese brands.

Contact them regarding that one. They are responsive on issues like that and would also gladly help you on how to fix it
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

chughes

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2024, 06:45:12 PM »
Any update on this frameset? What's the ride feel like?

ujmo_

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2024, 07:19:13 AM »
Hey guys, I finally got to build of this bike and I noticed that there might be a missing part under the fork bottom bearing. My question is if it is normal this way or if something is really missing?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2024, 08:56:37 AM »
That looks normal. The fork has an integrated crown race.

ujmo_

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2024, 01:51:51 PM »
Oh, alright thanks! Another question - is it good to grease the bearing in the picture above also from the bottom/inner side?

PLA

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2024, 02:30:37 PM »
Oh, alright thanks! Another question - is it good to grease the bearing in the picture above also from the bottom/inner side?

Some people will say yes to give the bearing a little extra protection, other people will say no because grease can and will attack the epoxy in the carbon softening it over time.

It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

Serge_K

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2024, 02:22:52 AM »

I went down that rabbit hole yesterday. Having looked at a lot of videos, pretty much ALL modern builds I saw put bike grease on headset bearing seats (I think mostly for waterproofing?). Given how annoying it is to disassemble headsets these days, and how quickly you can get creaks if you ride in the rain (even once), i would say, cake that b1tch.
It's more contentious for PF BBs, but it seems that Wakos brake protector is the ultimate product to use, as per "ride of Japan" on YT, and apparently Cannondale in mechanics workshops (I think Australia), and cannondale basically invented creaking BBs with the PF BB30. And for us in Europe, Liqui Moly 3312 (made in Germany, cheap) seems to be a legit alternative. I haven't seen anyone saying it doesnt work. Both products apparently are a silicone based grease.
But people do fight over whether loctite is good or not (& if so, which, and which cure time, and how...), and if you believe Shimano you shouldn't use anything at all, and then there are those who put regular bike grease, or lithium grease, or copper grease.
Long story short: put grease on your headset bearings, and wakos / liqui moly 3312 on your PF BB.  Liqui molly costs 10 eur: if it reduces the chances of a creak, it is money worth spending.
I bought that Moly thing yesterday, i plan to try it. I did an extended 600+W effort a few days ago and i (think i) heard a noise for the 1st time on my LT268, which sent me down that rabbit hole in the 1st place.