Author Topic: Nich Cycling (Thailand) - Legend4 Frameset - UCI Approved  (Read 2695 times)

patliean1

Nich Cycling (Thailand) - Legend4 Frameset - UCI Approved
« on: November 04, 2023, 02:51:23 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/nichcycling/

https://www.nichcycling.com/pages/legend4

Has anyone heard of this brand before? I really really like their Legend4 frameset. The brand offers custom paint, is UCI-approved, but the asking price for the frame is $2800 USD  :o

This seems a bit over priced even if Nich Cycling is a marketing brand rather than a manufacturer. Some details about the frame leads me to believe maybe they being produced by Speeder or Winspace.

The geometry is close to Speeder SC-R52D, and Nich Cycling offers the identical integrated cockpit. Same specs too. 

Sakizashi

Re: Nich Cycling (Thailand) - Legend4 Frameset - UCI Approved
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2023, 09:30:31 PM »
I think this is the Adapt AT-B01.

I inquired about this a bit ago and they redirected me to Montecci for US sales. I am really confused as they (Montecci) don't advertise this frame anymore; but in any case they have a similar markup to Nich.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2023, 09:32:24 PM by Sakizashi »

patliean1

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2023, 10:18:22 PM »
I think this is the Adapt AT-B01.

I inquired about this a bit ago and they redirected me to Montecci for US sales. I am really confused as they (Montecci) don't advertise this frame anymore; but in any case they have a similar markup to Nich.

Coincidentally, I believe there was a time when Montecci sourced their current Vegter frameset (T1500) from Winspace or Winspace's OEM supplier. I might be able to order directly from Adapt according to the thread below.

https://chinertown.com/index.php?topic=4222.0

WhityWhite

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 03:55:14 AM »
yes it is the Adapt AT-B01 .
Adapt also sent me pictures of the NICH bikes for reference.
I was also in agreement with you - but the frame is only available as a UD Matt version ... and I would have always liked my frames to be painted.
But it would have been fine...

In the end, the money transfer failed because I had to send US dollars from Germany to a bank in Hong Kong... by bank transfer.
This was not possible with my bank and other options would have been disproportionately expensive. I would also have lacked the security that is provided by Paypal or credit cards, for example.

patliean1

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 08:23:51 AM »
I wonder** if the carbon layup is different on the Nich Legend4 than from the standard Adapt AT-B01.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 12:50:48 PM by patliean1 »

patliean1

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2023, 09:09:07 AM »
Coincidentally, this was just released last night on Panda Podium.

https://www.pandapodium.cc/product/tavelo-attack-disc-brake-road-bike-frameset/

"Tavelo was founded by a group of former Winspace employees. Disappointed that the company was losing it’s focus on products, they wanted to go back to the basics: making really good bikes, nothing else.

The Tavelo Attack is their first model, and they’ve come out swinging. A rapid all-rounder that has the lightness to climb, the agility to descend, and the stiffness to win a sprint."

Dark17

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2023, 11:16:29 AM »
yes it is the Adapt AT-B01 .
Adapt also sent me pictures of the NICH bikes for reference.
I was also in agreement with you - but the frame is only available as a UD Matt version ... and I would have always liked my frames to be painted.
But it would have been fine...

In the end, the money transfer failed because I had to send US dollars from Germany to a bank in Hong Kong... by bank transfer.
This was not possible with my bank and other options would have been disproportionately expensive. I would also have lacked the security that is provided by Paypal or credit cards, for example.

How much does it cost overall? I am now planning my 2nd bike lol
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

coffeebreak

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2023, 11:30:12 AM »
Bunch of employees are disappointed by Winspace so they "went back to basics" and made another copy of SL7, gave it silly name, tripled the price, listed it on PP hoping to appeal to whoever is the target customer of PP stuff. Nice. This forum could crowd source a frame now and rebrand to whatever and make collective profit.

Dark17

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2023, 11:34:49 AM »
Let's source a frame from those manufacturers and call it Chiner Bikes then throw in a lot of cringe marketing words like "Speed Stalker" or "Wind Slicer"
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

kubackje

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2023, 01:28:50 PM »
I like Joe from China cycling but gtfo with those prices

patliean1

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2023, 02:38:49 PM »
-Nich Cycling Legend4 frameset costs $2800usd.
-Montecci Bikes is charging $3000usd for their Vegter frameset which is essentially a Winspace T1500.
-The brand Pro Race Bike is selling their version of Yishun R086-D complete build (mechanical hydro) for $4800:o

$1580 retail is not an unreasonable mark up outside the vacuum of this forum. This is the price of the original Winspace T1500. The paint quality, fit finish, and presentation from Winspace is every bit as good as on my Giant Propel, Allez Sprint, and Yoeleo R12. Plus Panda Podium is assuming warranty and customer service.

No matter how much I advocate for affordable $400-$600 frames/wheels on my YouTube channel, my most popular videos by a significant margin are always my Winspace/Elite Wheels/Giant/Specialized videos.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 02:45:17 PM by patliean1 »

Sakizashi

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2023, 02:57:12 PM »
Honestly, I don't think the 2x markup is crazy assuming there is some level of QC done by outside the factory and you get retail support from PP which is hopefully decent. Those are of course big IFs given the both the brand and PP are relatively new; but they probably are making modest margins on these.

That said a lot of us are probably willing to forgo those things which is why we are here.

jonathanf2

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2023, 05:11:00 PM »
Living in the biggest west coast US city with year round cycling weather, I very rarely (pretty much never), see any Chinese bike frames. I'm always looking! The Freds and Crit bros would rather pay monthly car payments for their $10k plus S-Works bike or their custom titanium frame sprinkled in pixie dust.  I don't think people want to spend several grand just to deal with overseas customer service.

WhityWhite

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2023, 10:53:52 PM »
How much does it cost overall? I am now planning my 2nd bike lol

Ca. 1.100 Dollar inkl. Tax and Shipping to Germany

coffeebreak

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2023, 04:28:00 PM »
No matter how much I advocate for affordable $400-$600 frames/wheels on my YouTube channel, my most popular videos by a significant margin are always my Winspace/Elite Wheels/Giant/Specialized videos.

I am not surprised by this. From my limited observation on FB and Reddit, Winspace = good, anything else (especially from AliEx) = bad. Winspace has somehow managed to make good impression in the west which is otherwise very wary of Chiner frames. Show a Velobuild or TT build and half of the people go "hope you have good insurance" or "I guess you never ride on fast descents" "Good luck with that!" etc. These are the same folk who denounce people as cheap bastards for buying bibs from AliExpress but will themselves wait a year for Rapha's 70% clearance sale or buy used Castellis.

Anyway, if PP can project "it is expensive so it is good" then they are on the right track. Personally that price is HECK NO. If I was so inclined to buy a supposedly quality frame for that much money I will 100% buy used. Plenty of 2-3 year old legit western brand frames to be had for $1500-1700. At least they won't have strange labels on them.