Author Topic: Are Shimano groupsets from Aliexpress vendors legit? Seems too good to be true  (Read 640 times)

monocongo

I have found a Shimano M8100 XT groupset on Aliexpress for $490 w/ shipping.

The same groupset is on sale from Jenson for $699.

Should I be skeptical, or have I found a good deal?

coffeebreak

There are other threads with exact same question. They are all legit just not in Shimano blue box. They are in what is called "OEM" packaging. Doesn't make a difference to end user unless you must have Shimano boxes. Lot of sellers resale those groups here in the USA with some premium on top. Check ronde-sports on eBay if you want quick shipping from USA.

jefflinde

yes they are legit.  i am on my 6th or 7th XT groupset.  bought a Cues 11spd set for a commuter bike and loads of cassettes and other things.   I will say that chains can be a bit sketchy.  also make sure to look that you are getting or realize if you are not getting shimano cassettes and chains.  many times there will be one price with a legit shimano cassette and then another price with e sunrace or ZTTO cassette.  the non-shimano options are not bad but just be aware of it. 

bremerradkurier

If you're talking just the transmission set w/o brakes, Merlin has it in stock for $492 incl. UPS international shipping.

https://www.merlincycles.com/en-us/shimano-xt-m8100-1x12-transmission-groupset-181092.html