Author Topic: All-around Racer Speeder SC-R52D or Yishun R1058D  (Read 741 times)

spnasc77

All-around Racer Speeder SC-R52D or Yishun R1058D
« on: November 29, 2023, 08:20:02 PM »
Hi all,
I'm new to the group and really thankful for the wealth of knowledge here.

I know there have been posts on both of these bikes previously, which helped me narrow it down to these two. I'm doing my first complete bike build (and first Chinese frame). I got into racing last year (crits and hilly races) and want to replace the heavy and soft Giant Defy Advanced 2022 I had with a true race bike that I can afford. I'd be selling the Giant and using this as my one and only bike aside from a commuter clunker.

Those with experience with either or both of these two bikes or the factories in general, do you have pros/cons or feedback in comparison for:

-Ride feel/overall frame quality - stiffness, comfort, handling, etc.
-Quality of product and manufacturing: any issues to be aware of when you received a frame/parts?
-Other comparisons based on experiences with the frames or companies

I got a good black Friday deal on a Shimano 105 Di2 complete groupset with BB, and have Hunt aero wide 50mm wheels and a 4iiii power meter crank arm already that will go on.

I've been in contact with both Justin from Speeder, and Yanyi from Yishun. the quotes I got for Frame/fork/seat post, thru axles, headset pieces, spacers, bars, shipping, and Paypal fees (just Speeder) are:

Speeder SC-R52D Size 48.5: $1,005 USD
Yishun R1058D Size 52: $929 USD* wasn't given a Paypal fee, but assume there might be one added

The Yishun is in stock I am told; the speeder would be 2 month lead time.

And I'm open to suggestions for other quality and similar frames if there are better than these two. The Lightcarbon frames look a bit heavier and reach a little shorter for me, but interesting options.

Thanks so much!

Dark17

Re: All-around Racer Speeder SC-R52D or Yishun R1058D
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 10:48:47 PM »
You cannot really go wrong with either manufacturers. But personally, I would choose Yishun because I can attest for the quality. I have their Yishun R086-D and their wheelset which is 206db-RSL50C. AFAIK, Speeder manufactures for Winspace. I don't have any experiences with them but other members here has high praises with that brand.

EDIT:

In regards to Lightcarbon, try to ask them if their LCR017-D is available. It's their all-around frame and it's very much like SuperSix Lab71. Lightcarbon might be heavy but their frames are built like a tank
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 10:52:13 PM by Dark17 »
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

spnasc77

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 07:53:11 AM »
@Dark17 Thanks! I am kind of leaning towards Yishun so good to hear. The Speeder seems to be picked up by a few small bike brands all over so that gave me more interest in that to see what those who have it think of it. The reviews of the Yishun R086 have been so great and the R1058D is basically a tarmac copy, it gives me a lot of confidence in that.

Walter-sobchak

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2023, 08:06:38 AM »
I am in a similar situation as you but I did not get a response back from my inquiry to yishun.  Did you just use their inquiry form online? 

spnasc77

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2023, 08:19:53 AM »
I used the website at first, but got an automated reply that they were really busy with E-bikes and no reply for 4 or 5 days. So I followed by email and got a response from Yanyi almost right away. She's been pretty responsive and helpful so far. Definitely a language barrier so ask one or two questions at a time to get the clearest answers.

PLA

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2023, 03:28:14 AM »
I am in a similar situation as you but I did not get a response back from my inquiry to yishun.  Did you just use their inquiry form online?

kitty is always responsive to me. try her.

kitty (dot) jiang (at) yishunbike (dot) com
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

neobiker

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2023, 07:04:04 AM »
Yes, Kitty is great, bought two frames with her, one of them had paint damage and she is extra supportive.