Author Topic: Lykos bikes  (Read 683 times)

jmcabellom

Lykos bikes
« on: May 09, 2024, 06:38:21 AM »
Hello all,
just saw Lykos bikes on Panda Podium video at Shanghain bike show, anyone knows this brand? have googled it but nothing found.
Thanks for your help.

bmrk

Re: Lykos bikes
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 06:41:40 AM »

Serge_K

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2024, 08:17:19 AM »
google chrome easily translates the website to english.
30C max tyre clearance :(
Monocoque
No weight info, no aero claims, no info on carbon fiber grade used.

toxin

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2024, 03:22:01 PM »
I believe it's supposed to be 8XX g and certainly not cheap
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 03:24:19 PM by toxin »

alanyu

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2024, 02:28:57 AM »
Lykos is a brand investing 90% in BS marketing. They give their money to a lot of chinese Internet celebrity and then stamp their bike at least 3X overpriced.

RDY

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2024, 05:09:07 AM »
It looks ok, but the price being demanded seems a little obscene.

Thing I was most interested in from SBS (that has been shown by Joe or others) was the Laget Ti gravel frame.  I was aware of the brand before and have tried contacting them multiple times, but they appear not to respond to English-language customers at all, unfortunately.  Anyone got a contact with them or parent TSB that's not listed on their site and likely to be helpful?

Serge_K

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2024, 05:30:13 AM »
Lykos is a brand investing 90% in BS marketing. They give their money to a lot of chinese Internet celebrity and then stamp their bike at least 3X overpriced.

How overpriced is overpriced, what are their prices?
As a westerner, it's interesting to see Chinese brands playing the branding game and commanding higher prices just because they can. The luxury market in Europe has turned bull$hit into an art form worth billions.

alanyu

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2024, 08:19:44 AM »
How overpriced is overpriced, what are their prices?
As a westerner, it's interesting to see Chinese brands playing the branding game and commanding higher prices just because they can. The luxury market in Europe has turned bull$hit into an art form worth billions.

Around 22k CNY for the frameset and bar. You can buy a brand new propel adv sl frameset at the same price in China.

If I pay this money to a frame with aero/stiffnes/comfort/quality/etc. proved/tested by third party, it's OK. However, paying to the Internet celebrity, sorry no.

Serge_K

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2024, 01:09:13 PM »
Around 22k CNY for the frameset and bar. You can buy a brand new propel adv sl frameset at the same price in China.

If I pay this money to a frame with aero/stiffnes/comfort/quality/etc. proved/tested by third party, it's OK. However, paying to the Internet celebrity, sorry no.

Holy S***! wow!