Author Topic: pass quest chain rings ... anyone used them?  (Read 979 times)

PLA

pass quest chain rings ... anyone used them?
« on: December 04, 2023, 07:08:45 AM »
thinking of grabbing some of these for my next build because why not. if anyone's used them, how is the shifting performance?

It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

patliean1

Re: pass quest chain rings ... anyone used them?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 08:18:51 AM »
Can't comment on their 2x stuff but the 1x options are great. High quality and no chain drops (obviously).

PLA

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 08:38:34 AM »
Can't comment on their 2x stuff but the 1x options are great. High quality and no chain drops (obviously).

slick

jfcb

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 10:06:30 AM »
I agree. Have been using the 1x oval chainrings with full satisfaction on gravel and mtb. The most impressive is their longetivity.

Tijoe

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 10:27:29 AM »
I run this brand on 3 of my 29er.   No problems of any kind to date.

chinacurios

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2023, 11:50:50 AM »
thinking of grabbing some of these for my next build because why not. if anyone's used them, how is the shifting performance?

I just picked some up for my new bike and they are currently the only ones offering rings for a DA9200 cranks and I will say the quality looks very very good on them.  I would say comparable to my Wolf Tooth and Garbaruk chainrings I have on my other bikes.

I cannont comment on how the perform yet however.

jonathanf2

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2023, 12:22:32 PM »
They're very good quality. I was using them for awhile when I was running 1x on my aero road and gravel bikes. They're higher priced than the cheap AliEx stuff, but the quality is on par with the more expensive western chainrings.

PLA

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2023, 12:25:13 PM »
Sounds sweet. So shifting from big to small and small to big is just as good as shimano? Or we talking a bit shitter?

paldo

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2023, 03:29:35 PM »
I have not use them but seems like the Aliex chainring I do use seem to aways be noisier and doesn't shift as nice. I am using Senicx crankset and with the spider I have access to either Sram or Shimano chainring. Sram red chainring can be had on eBay for cheap.