Author Topic: Speeder Cycling SC-R49D  (Read 2282 times)

hubertus

Re: Speeder Cycling SC-R49D
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2023, 05:59:38 AM »
What tires are you running? I’m looking at getting skin wall ones myself

Continental GP5000 28mm. It rides like a dream. A lot more comfort compared to my other 25mm.

Sakizashi

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2024, 04:59:45 PM »
I was perusing the UCI approved frame list today and I think we have the first UCI approved version of this frame: the BAAS Novel Aero. https://baascycling.nl/

The pricing seems pretty fair for fully built bikes and hopefully it means these frames will get more attention via racing and the exposure that it brings. However, it just feels wrong that they would name an open mold bike "Novel Aero." Nothing novel about it.

patliean1

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2024, 06:28:11 PM »
I was perusing the UCI approved frame list today and I think we have the first UCI approved version of this frame: the BAAS Novel Aero. https://baascycling.nl/

The pricing seems pretty fair for fully built bikes and hopefully it means these frames will get more attention via racing and the exposure that it brings. However, it just feels wrong that they would name an open mold bike "Novel Aero." Nothing novel about it.

Winspace T1500 has been around for well over 4 years. UCI approved.

Sakizashi

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2024, 07:13:47 PM »
Winspace T1500 has been around for well over 4 years. UCI approved.

That is a different frame isnt it?

But the Winspace story does give some credibility to the notion that racing does raise the profile of these frames.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 07:16:02 PM by Sakizashi »

Yunglord

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2024, 08:27:54 PM »
That is a different frame isnt it?

But the Winspace story does give some credibility to the notion that racing does raise the profile of these frames.

It is a different frame.

Also, I don't think the Winspace is the first UCI open mold frame either.

But great to see these getting more exposure.

FlandersCyclist

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2024, 02:33:18 AM »
Continental GP5000 28mm. It rides like a dream. A lot more comfort compared to my other 25mm.
How would you rate the stiffness and comfort of the frame?
Do you think 30 mm tires would fit?